Thread: Mini trip report from June 17-24 for TravelSlut's Krewe de Krazy Life Group

Registered User The Travel Slut's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Thumbs up Mini trip report from June 17-24 for TravelSlut's Krewe de Krazy Life Group

Another A+ visit (my 13th) and Hedo and its staff are only getting better each visit.

NOTE: 12th Annual Hedo Krewe Group Trip is set for June 2018. Space is initially limited to the 1st 20 rooms on a 1st-come, 1st reserved basis. Email me for details: TheTravelSlut@yahoo.com

My/our week was simply awesome and it was the Krewe de Krazy Life’s 11th Annual Group Trip–everything from airport transfers by Rocky’s Taxi Service for the 8th year (I would not choose anyone else) to the staff & service of the newly remodeled/renovated Hedonism II resort in Negril.This was my 13th adventure at Hedonism II resort in Negril.

I have always filed extensive and detailed trip reports following each of my visits but due to some pending travels & obligations, plus NOT taking the extensive notes as I have normally done or documenting just about everything & taking 100’s of photos & videos as I have done in past trips, I will just list some highlights and if anyone has any specific questions or comments, feel free to direct them to me here.

I was in room #2126 (Nude Beach, Jacuzzi Premium Suite) and made it Krewe headquarters for the week & it was just steps away from #2129 where I stayed last June. I moved my old rock from #2129 to its new place at the jacuzzi of #2126.

Check-in was so smooth and fast and my room condition and amenities were excellent.The only hitch was my jacuzzi taking so long to heat up. My refrigerator was always fully stocked, champagne delivered daily, and room was serviced every morning & every night with phone calls from the conciererge daily for anything else I required. (Note: I could have ice delivered, go to the nude bar for ice, or simply walk out from my lanai to the water cooler (Igloo-type) on the beach and scoop some ice.

The beach and lagoon area continue to be clear, calm, and clean and checked/managed daily. Vendors are located near the Sandals resort entrance and I would advise against buying from the “brownie” vendor walking along the beach as I did not hear anything positive about the “special” brownies. Also, I never saw any of the stingeays at night in the waters around the marina. There were plenty of loungers and float pads all week despite the resort nearly being sold out for several of the days. Some Krewe and friends did both scuba and snorkel boat trips (complimentarytwice daily) and said they were good.

Other rooms (based on other Krewe/guests reports) had all new air conditioners which seemed to have solved the original A/C issues and everyone liked the new bathroom remodels too.The only complaints were the rooms in the furthest (prude side) regular rooms (GVR) next to the roadway as being noisy at times.

The nude pool bar, grill and pool areas have been renovated and the extra shade, extra grilling areas, no towel check-outs required, picnic benches for eating (with umbrellas), extended nude bar roof overhangs and pool umbrellas provided the much needed additional shade. One afternoon I counted nine (9!) bartenders at the nude bar when the pool was almost full. Again, the only complaints were the water was too chilly at night for some and that a solar heating system would be a nice addition. The usual fun in the sun and “spicy and sexy” delights at night were observed at various times and everyone had great times in and out of the pool & hot tub (which was only very, very hot just one night).

Restaurants—Pastafari (Italian), Harry San (Japanese teppanyaki) and the Beach/Chophouse restaurants all had rave reviews from guests and Krewe and I ate at all three. The Main Terrace dining room for all three meals was simply outstanding from selection to quantity to quality. The Seafood Buffet on Friday night was again amazing and delicious.

Entertainment Crew (EC’s) and Main stage music and entertainment shows again performed flawlessly each day and night keeping the energy level at its peak and always with a smile. More than a few Krewe were joined at their dining tables for breakfast and lunches by EC’s and that made guests feel very special. Winston, of course steals the stage shows, As for the EC’s, you will never find any more hard-working staff anywhere. Also, Krewe newbies “E&D” won the Toga Night costume contest on the main stage on Thursday night.

Disco/nightclub—I never experienced it this trip but friends walked through several times and said it was almost empty except the night of the Foam Party which was described as great by many people. Most people appear to skip the disco from the piano bar and go right to the nude pool after midnight.

The piano bar was fun, very energetic but loud each night. Get there early (before 10:30 pm opening) for the best seat and sit back and enjoy both great music, karaoke, bawdy lyrics (sometimes) and surprise fun in, around and on top of the piano.

The Main Terrace pool was quite active throughout the week but never overcrowded. The Tuesday night Glow Party there was awesome as always and well-attended. Great music and fun and even a few skinny dippers.

Throughout the week the drinks were free flowing and the top-shelf liquors were poured with love by hard-working and always smiling bar staff. It seemed the Nude Pool “shot” of the week was the PB&J–Peanut Butter & Jelly.

I’ll be posting my photos and videos to my various online sites this week and many are self-explanatory regarding the resort and its activities.

Hedo should be on your adult travel bucket list and I can’t wait for my upcoming 14th trip to Paradise in late 2017 or early 2018.

Ann, The TravelSlut

email & IM: TheTravelSlut@yahoo.com

All of my Hedo videos are here:

www.youtube.com/user/TheTravelSlut/videos

All of my Hedo daily Twitter tweets and photos are here:

twitter.com/TheTravelSlut

All my Hedo Flickr photos are here in my Flickr Group:

www.flickr.com/groups/hedonismresortgrouptrip

KdK Trip

Great report Ann, we concur. Robin was so happy for the extra shady areas, it is a big improvement. We agree the nude pool is a bit chilly at night; our only other ongoing complaint (and we heard it from many people)......the heavy overdose of chlorine in the hot tub. We vacated many times due to teary eyes and burning noses.

Thanks for the report Travel! Really looking forward to the photos and videos....
    s
    St. Martin, FWI, 1991-2011
    Hedonism II -January 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016 (x2), 2017
    Cayo Largo, Cuba, December 1-7, 2014
    Hedonism II - April 10-17, 2016 K&A Spring Fling
    Hedonism II - April 16-23, 2017 K&A Spring Fling
    Hedonism II - April 8-15, 2018 K&A Spring Fling
    Hedo 2 April 14-21, 2019 K&A Spring Fling
    H2 April 8-17, 2022 K&A Spring Fling

"If you want something you've never had, you must be willing to do something you've never done" - Thomas Jefferson

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jointlock View Post
    Great report Ann, we concur. Robin was so happy for the extra shady areas, it is a big improvement. We agree the nude pool is a bit chilly at night; our only other ongoing complaint (and we heard it from many people)......the heavy overdose of chlorine in the hot tub. We vacated many times due to teary eyes and burning noses.
    I will pass that on in my report to Hedo as I did not mention it on my guest exit survey form. I should have reminded everyone or put it in their packages at or prior to our meet and greet so they could have it in their rooms throughout the week.

Great report as always.
    Cop..
    Co-Hosts of kitten + angel's 15th Annual Spring Fling April 9th - 16th, 2022 (We will be onsite 4/7/22 - 4/18/22) http://www.kittennangel.com/

Blog Entries
    Thanks Cop...I still feel guilty not doing my normal documentation in text/photos/videos but it was a very busy week and with so many "newbies" in my group (including 5 LEO's) that I just had to make choices---which meant more time in the nude pool and jacuzzi and less time on the computer....

Not going to lie...kind of miss your longer report. But it is best to focus more attention on the holiday, and less on taking notes during the holiday. Nice to hear your trip was great, and very happy to hear the resort continues to get better and better.

As always; thanks for sharing!
    Returning to HEDO October 16 through 26, 2019

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by David & Qian View Post
    Not going to lie...kind of miss your longer report. But it is best to focus more attention on the holiday, and less on taking notes during the holiday. Nice to hear your trip was great, and very happy to hear the resort continues to get better and better.

As always; thanks for sharing!
    You are welcome and feel free ask any questions you might have because if I don't have an answer from personal experience, I can ask any of my friends and Krewe members for info and then post it.

Blog Entries

Reply & video attached

Quote Originally Posted by CapnMorgan View Post
    Thanks for the report Travel! Really looking forward to the photos and videos....
    I appreciate the kudos and I have zero space for photos here in ATF unfortunately so they are going to my dedicated Hedo Flickr Group, and YouTube at this time (at least the few I can post)

Great read, just a question, what do you mean by "no towel check-outs required"?

Also, they were building the extended roof when we were there. I'm glad it is getting some positive feedback. That area looks so much nicer now than it did last year. The only downside is that the extended roof blocks some of the signs that were there.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by arcticwinters View Post
    Great read, just a question, what do you mean by "no towel check-outs required"?

Also, they were building the extended roof when we were there. I'm glad it is getting some positive feedback. That area looks so much nicer now than it did last year. The only downside is that the extended roof blocks some of the signs that were there.
    Hi there arcticwinters and as for towels--the area where they used to be located now has a large boxed bin with several shelves of stacked towels constantly re-supplied. And there was no one there to monitor checkouts or the old one-for-one exchange. So much nicer turning in and getting towels now.

The extended roof at least on the pool side did not affect or block any signs as mine is still easily visible being the lowest-hung above the bar. I did not see the other sides being blocked completely.

Anyway, I like the renovations and now if a supplemental solar heating system could be installed to release stored warm water at night---that would be perfect. I don't know how people use the pool at night in the winter months because it is always chilly-cold in mid-late June.

Quote Originally Posted by The Travel Slut View Post
    Hi there arcticwinters and as for towels--the area where they used to be located now has a large boxed bin with several shelves of stacked towels constantly re-supplied. And there was no one there to monitor checkouts or the old one-for-one exchange. So much nicer turning in and getting towels now.

The extended roof at least on the pool side did not affect or block any signs as mine is still easily visible being the lowest-hung above the bar. I did not see the other sides being blocked completely.

Anyway, I like the renovations and now if a supplemental solar heating system could be installed to release stored warm water at night---that would be perfect. I don't know how people use the pool at night in the winter months because it is always chilly-cold in mid-late June.
    Oh yeah! There was definitely no shortage of towels this time around.

I do like that idea of having warmer water at night. It was a bit of an issue for me and my girlfriend. I did overhear and see others second guess their decision to get into the pool at night.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by arcticwinters View Post
    Oh yeah! There was definitely no shortage of towels this time around.

I do like that idea of having warmer water at night. It was a bit of an issue for me and my girlfriend. I did overhear and see others second guess their decision to get into the pool at night.
    I guess the cold water does drive up the population in the hot tub at night however.....

Awesome report. Thanks for sharing. Love the steam punk costume!
    Past Trips:
    November: 2008, 2011, 2012
    October: 2016
    January: 2014, 2016, 2018, 2019, 2020

Upcoming Trip: January 19th - 31st 2021