Thread: Great Customer Service - your stories

Great Customer Service - your stories

Hi all,

I posted this on the Denny P board and was hoping to hear a few other examples of the great customer service that helps to keep us all happy when we go to Hedo. They are all a bit quiet on that board, so I'm hoping to hear a few more stories here about the little things someone did, something that helped make your trip to Hedo that bit more special. My original post is below and just respond with things that the staff did that just helped you have that extra special vacation.....

"As is human nature, when most people post on a message board it is to complain, or be sceptical, about an issue that has engaged them enough to actually write about it. When something is good, people tend to just accept it as expected and say nothing.

So, to make a change, I thought I would bestow praise where some is due. It is 'only a little thing' but it is the 'little things' that, cumulatively, can turn a good vacation experience into a great one.

During a conversation with Jeffery Johnson - the Food and Beverage Manager - last April I mentioned it was a shame the resort did not stock my wife's favourite drink. He said something along the lines of: "That will not be a problem for me to arrange, why did you not ask me before? Just email me the details before you come back and I will sort it out."

I duly sent the email, even getting an initial response on a Sunday, and Jeffery has just written back to confirm he has sourced the drink and has it waiting for our arrival on April 14th.

Our discussion had been along the lines of this NOT being a deal breaker for Lady Sarah and I, just that it would be nice. Jeffery did not have to do this, but he did.

As this trip will incorporate our 10th wedding anniversary - on the 14th, presents gratefully accepted :-) - it's the little things like this that will help us have a fabulous time.

So, a big public shout out to Jeffery, for great customer service. His is the sort of attitude that does make a difference......"
    Keep on having fun

We been twice, booked garden prude side, been upgraded to nude garden both times.

Excerpt from my January 2015 Trip Report...

ARRIVAL AT HEDO
    We were booked with Tom’s Trips and went directly to their desk and were greeted by Terry and Terry who gave us our welcome packages. Mr. Terry became involved in a discussion with a Hedo Manager (with a clip board) and called us over. Apparently they were overbooked and our Ocean View Regular room was not ready and would we mind taking an Ocean View Nude Hot Tub room until tomorrow (this could have been way, way worse), to which we readily agreed. We were asked not to unpack and come to the desk tomorrow at noon and we would be assigned the room category we originally booked. The next day at noon I went to the desk and found the Hedo Manager with the clip board. She went over whatever was on her board and asked if we would mind staying in our current room until Wednesday...no problem mon! She said she would call us at 11 am on Wednesday with our new room assignment. Great, we can unpack, it’s hard to live out of a suitcase! Wednesday at 11:30 the phone rang (after we had all our stuff packed up)...nobody on the other end...then I heard hello, I replied and heard no reply, repeat, repeat again. I then assumed the phone was faulty and went up to the front desk to double-check. I met the Hedo Manager with the clip board and after studying it for a few moments she said she might as well leave us in the room we were in (2122)...Bonus, upgraded for the week! Back to the room to unpack...again! Despite the few blips and trips to the front desk we were delighted, things like this usually don’t happen for us. We really enjoyed the hot tub and the walk-out to the beach.
    s
    St. Martin, FWI, 1991-2011
    Hedonism II -January 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016 (x2), 2017
    Cayo Largo, Cuba, December 1-7, 2014
    Hedonism II - April 10-17, 2016 K&A Spring Fling
    Hedonism II - April 16-23, 2017 K&A Spring Fling
    Hedonism II - April 8-15, 2018 K&A Spring Fling
    Hedo 2 April 14-21, 2019 K&A Spring Fling
    H2 April 8-17, 2022 K&A Spring Fling

"If you want something you've never had, you must be willing to do something you've never done" - Thomas Jefferson

Over our trips we have had a lot of great customer service from the Hedo staff, here are a few:

At Hedo 3, we showed up for breakfast, we usually eat light because we scuba dive, Mrs. Too likes to have a bagel and some fruit. She grabbed a bagel and was looking for cream cheese, she could not find it. A dinning room manager saw her looking around and asked her if she needed any help. She asked where the cream cheese was and the manager said that they were out, but there would be more the next day. She said Ok, then the manager asked her if she could wait a few minutes and where we were sitting. She showed him and joined me at the table. About 10 minutes later, he showed up with cream cheese. She said "I thought you were out", he said he left the resort and got some for her...not sure if he went to the store or ran over to Breezes (at the time a superclubs resort next door). Wow...he did not have to do that.

Alicia the bartender, years ago she used to work at the prude bar a lot, we would go there after our dive, fill out logbooks and have a screwdriver to start the day. That bar is usually pretty slow and we chatted with her about her job, our jobs, family, etc. It does not take a long time to finish our books and our drink but we saw/chatted almost every day. The next year, we walked up to the bar and there she was, when she saw us she smiled and welcomed us back home. She even remembered our kids names....another wow....how could she remember us and even our kids names after a year. Over the years, we still love seeing her and she remembers us. The last few years she now works at the nude bar...and is usually busy so we cannot chat much, but she still says hi.

One year the weather was not good for diving, red flag day after day. We kept showing up to dive and were turned away, on our last day we could dive (you cannot dive 24 hours before a flight) we showed up and asked about diving, the divemaster asked when we were leaving and when we told him the next day, he said he would take us out but it would be rough. We said ok, he did not lie it was rough, but it was us two and him and although we could not get to the place intended because of the waves, he asked us if another place was ok.....yes it was, we wanted to splash! The dive was shallow...only about 30 feet and the wave swells pushed us around even underwater. As we got pushed around, so did the fish...we joked later that the fish swam like they were drunk. It is one of our most memorable dives (we both have hundreds). They did not have to take us out...but they did to make sure we had no disappointments on our vacation. Another wow.

This past year on the day we were leaving we were running late (which seems to happen every year...lol), Mrs. Too grabbed our backpack and carry on and left to the front desk to check out. I grabbed our 4 full size bags and the other carry on and started to move them to the lobby. Our room was on the second floor, so I would carry one bag down, set it down at the bottom of the steps, jog back to the room grab another bag and do the same. I had 3 bags down when I saw 2 groundskeepers jogging across the grass, they came up to me and said they would help. They insisted on going up to the stairs and getting my last 2 bags and then proceeded to lug all 5 bags to the lobby. Hauling bags was not their jobs and they could have kept trimming the bushes that they were working on. Their help was very appreciated! In the lobby I did ask them to wait a minute and went to the front desk for paper and a pen...I had them write their names down so I could put them on the comment card, they seemed flabbergasted and happy that I would do that for them. I thought that was the least I could do, and yes I did put their names down on the card, not sure what management does with that, but they were happy...so was I.

A few little things from the last trip (March 2017): Told Anetta (housekeeper) we only drank decaf and our in-room coffeepot was sparkling clean and abundantly stocked with decaf all week. Went to the main pool party and could not find a chair, watersports worker found two (from who knows where) and brought them for us, without asking. Julian in watersports took us sailing for a LONG time, wherever we asked, whatever speed we asked, with instruction and great conversation. Took refuge in the piano bar when tired of dancing at glow party and had an impromptu intimate relaxed hanging-out-with-friends type of karaoke night with Winston, Miguel and about 6-10 other guests, super fun and probably a highlight of the trip. Somehow Eldon (piano bar bartender) always remembers our names and drinks, no matter how long since he has seen us. The list could go on and on.... it's just the little things, the constant cheerful greetings everywhere you walk, etc.

Julian in Water sports is awesome! We call him King Julian (think Madagascar cartoon movie!) He is always so helpful and happy!
    And Winston is Hedo's crown jewel. His many talents light up the stage and his positive energy lights up the entire resort. We look forward to hanging out with him every trip!
    Can't wait to get back home to Hedo!
    Cowgirl

Thanks for your replies, we are back at Hedo on Friday and hearing about the great little things that happen just makes us look forward to hearing "Welcome home" even more :-)
    Keep on having fun

On our only trip there (so far) we had excellent service. One thing stood out. We decided to enjoy the play room one night. We were just laying enjoying eachother and watching the action on other side of room when two couples wAlked into center of room and started getting dressed. They stood there having a very loud conversation and even had an iPad they were looking at photos. The whole thing was a big turn off. We decided to leave and as we were doing so the attendant (Simone) took us to side and asked if it was because of those couples. We said yes but didn't wish to cause a scene. She asked them to leave and that would please stay. We did and ended up having an enjoyable memorable experience. Thank you Simone. Only thing bad was when front desk called and asked how everything was we tried to give Simone props but was told there was no Game room attendant. Strange.....

Excerpt from my April 2017 Trip Report...

Our bags were quickly unloaded and I presented the front desk with the completed check-in form that K&A has sent us, that certainly saved some time. The concierge took both our suitcases and as we headed to the dining room he went to the right instead of to the left...wait a minute, we booked Ocean View Regular, we need to go the other way! Anyway, we didn’t question him and he lead us to an Ocean View Nude room and opened the door and showed us the room and gave us our door cards. We have been upgraded!
    (Note: In our original booking we had only requested a ground floor room if possible due to a slight mobility issue. Herladyship had a knee replacement this past September and she wasn’t quite 100% with stairs yet).
    We were assigned Room 2103 which is about as central as you can get on the resort. When they say Ocean View, well, there is some view of the ocean but mostly we saw the back of the Flame restaurant and the washroom behind the Watersports. However, we didn’t really care about the view and are very grateful to Hedonism for their consideration...one of those special things that happen!
    s
    St. Martin, FWI, 1991-2011
    Hedonism II -January 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016 (x2), 2017
    Cayo Largo, Cuba, December 1-7, 2014
    Hedonism II - April 10-17, 2016 K&A Spring Fling
    Hedonism II - April 16-23, 2017 K&A Spring Fling
    Hedonism II - April 8-15, 2018 K&A Spring Fling
    Hedo 2 April 14-21, 2019 K&A Spring Fling
    H2 April 8-17, 2022 K&A Spring Fling

"If you want something you've never had, you must be willing to do something you've never done" - Thomas Jefferson