Thread: June 4 - 7 Trip Report...

June 4 - 7 Trip Report...

...or rather, the trip that almost didn't happen.

This was my second time visiting Hedo and my girlfriend's first time. I told her about how much I enjoyed my trip in 2016 and she was on board to take the trip with me. I am so lucky and grateful that she is willing to try new things. A few things happened that would have stopped others from making this trip. A few days before I was to book the trip, my car was hit by a runaway wheel. Luckily insurance covered that. At my business, I had 3 employees leave due to being unable to handle the stress of the business a month before my trip. We also started to get sick Memorial Day Weekend, getting worse as the date for the takeoff approached. I have my wonderful GF to thank for keeping me sane and keeping my spirits up the entire time. Anyway, onto the report:

Saturday night, we were having trouble getting to sleep due to the excitement and the coughing my GF was experiencing that night. We had to be up at 4AM to make it to the airport on time. I woke up much earlier and just started getting things ready. We got to the airport and went to security with relative ease. At this point it seemed like whatever it was that we had was showing signs of going away. Great news to start off our trip. Landed in Jamaica and got through customs in less than 10 minutes. We located or transport and gave us estimate of a 30 minute wait. Before we could decide what to drink, the driver grabbed our things and told us it was time to go. We managed to get to Hedo right around noon. The staff was extremely friendly and my GF charmed her way right away. We were taken to our room and we decided to grab some lunch and take a nap to recharge before starting our day. The food was fine. There was a nice selection but as I mentioned in my last review, this food is aimed at the American tourist. After eating lunch we headed to our room for a quick nap. That quick nap quickly went south. My GF started feeling cold and feeling uneasy. It was a humid day and she was complaining about the cold, not a good sign. I gave her some meds and started to panic that maybe this trip wasn't to go as smooth as I was hoping. I stayed by her side and around 4 she started feeling much better. We decided to walk down the prude beach and walk over to the nude side. To my delight, she stripped down fast and got right down to enjoying the trip. We headed to the pool and she got in without a second thought. We stayed in the warm water for a bit and off to the side on the chairs saw a couple enjoying their time together. The gentleman was in a position that I had never attempted or even seen. I told my GF that we should try that position later on and sure enough, got to our room and that is now on the top of our things to do. We never got to thank the couple for the demonstration. . After getting washed we headed to dinner. Again, food nothing to really talk about. We decided to call it an early night since we had not slept much the night before. We didn't get a good sleep that night either due to cough, feeling hot, the AC making us cough, rise and repeat.

Monday was a much better day. Woke up and headed to breakfast. From there we headed to the beach and pool. We were feeling much better and had ourselves some drinks at the pool. She got to eat a beef patty which was probably her #1 thing to cross off the list. Had Lunch, took another nap and later on after dinner, we decided we wanted to check out the play room and nude pool. We got to the playroom a bit too early as there was one other couple walking in and it was just us 4. After exploring around for a while, we got down to having some fun as others came in. Unfortunate for us, her coughing was kind of killing the flow and we were afraid we might be disturbing others. We decided to leave and head to the nude pool. At the pool, it was kind of dead, we stayed for a while hoping the atmosphere would pick up. It never really did and we headed to our room and took a quick peak inside the playroom. This time it was much more occupied and more activity happening.

Tuesday started off the same. Breakfast, lounge at the pool. However things took a bit of a turn. During lunch, I didn't feel too well and we decided to go to our room and take a quick nap. I managed to sleep a few hours while the GF went off on her own and explored. She was so excited about finding all these small pools and hot tubs. I got up feeling better. I think I may have had a little too much to drink. We headed down to the pool and just relaxed until dinner time. We took a short nap and decided to give the play room another go. This time we went much later than the night before... and it was empty again. Well this time we got down to business and enjoyed ourselves. We then headed to the nude pool and this time there were a lot more people. After having ourselves some fun with the jets (her especially) we decided to head back to the room.

Wednesday we packed everything as our trip had to be cut short due to our busy schedules. We packed everything and headed down to the beach and pool one last time. Afterwards, got showered and ready for checkout. After eating lunch, we boarded the bus back to the airport and back to reality... except now the worse began. We got to the airport with a few hours to kill. Our flight was at 5:50PM and we went around and got gifts for our friends and family. Boarding was to begin at 5:15... except when we got to our gate, the time was wrong. Okay, maybe we were at the wrong gate. No, our flight was canceled. We were never told and all was given to us were meal vouchers. Except now everything was closed and our vouchers became useless. Now we had to wait to 8:50 for the next flight. 8:15 boarding time comes and they don't announce anything. 8:25 my girlfriend goes up to the counter to ask what was happening. Apparently we were now waiting for a flight from Kingston to make a layover and pick us up. 8:50 came and went and now plane in sign. Finally after 9 the plane lands and passengers are taken off the flight. Turns our the Kingston flight to JFK was supposed to be a direct non-stop flight. Having to deal with a angry group of people and an even angrier GF was not what I wanted. We managed to board the plan got to our seats and now there was a chance some seats were double-booked. Luckily all were able to board and we took off after 10PM. It was a bumpy ride back, I started feeling airsick towards the end. Once we landed I had to go through a long line at customs while my GF went through a faster line. After getting through we took a taxi back to our place. Even living 10 minutes away, I got home after 3AM and had to be working in a few hours.

Overall it was a great trip. Despite the illnesses, I got to spend my time relaxing with my GF. She wants to know when our next trip is and how soon we should start planning. Our room wasn't the greatest, the shower leaked outside a lot and the AC made us go into a coughing frenzy so that probably needed cleaning. We did notice several people going to the gift shop for over the counter meds; at least we weren't the only ones sick. We didn't get to meet with many people or meet anyone from the forums. I feel like I met more people last year by myself. Then again, we did keep to ourselves a lot and didn't approach other because we were kind of nervous. Those we did converse with were nice to talk with. My GF also wants us to make more friends on here, maybe even post some photos for next time so we aren't so isolated from others. Hedo treated us well; we hope to return soon.

Registered User The Travel Slut's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Thank you for the report and I'm sorry your trip was somewhat adversely affected by your lingering illnesses and travel issues. Timing seems to be a big factor for many going to Hedo whether it is for work, family matters, overall physical health, groups (or lack thereof) either present or not or even whether you are with a group.

Great to read you are considering a return trip though...I hope you both have recovered now.

Wow, thanks for the report and glad you had a good time at Hedo despite having so many set-backs.
    s
    St. Martin, FWI, 1991-2011
    Hedonism II -January 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016 (x2), 2017
    Cayo Largo, Cuba, December 1-7, 2014
    Hedonism II - April 10-17, 2016 K&A Spring Fling
    Hedonism II - April 16-23, 2017 K&A Spring Fling
    Hedonism II - April 8-15, 2018 K&A Spring Fling
    Hedo 2 April 14-21, 2019 K&A Spring Fling
    H2 April 8-17, 2022 K&A Spring Fling

"If you want something you've never had, you must be willing to do something you've never done" - Thomas Jefferson

happy to hear you pulled through and enjoyed your trip. Good luck planning your next one.
    Hedo II - WWV/Hedo Amigos - March 14-21, 2020
    Hedo II - March 9-16, 2019
    Hedo II - WWV/Playful Pussycats - April 2017
    Hedo II - WWV/Hedo Amigos - March 2016