Thread: newbie April 2017

newbie April 2017

This review meant more for people that never been to nude resort.
    We have been on this site for a long time, kept reading about newbies, how people behave on resorts, which place people prefer, quality or the places, etc....

For sure a big thanks for this site and all the people that put time and effort so we can all learn from it.

We finally decided that Hedo is what we want to do.
    We followed pretty much everything that said here and all useful information.
    Our booking was with the Switch Hitters and Toms Trip.

4 or 5 months of preparation with lots of talk prior to our trip on special FB group (a must do).
    Booked our arrival with Club Mobay. Upon our arrival we were greeted by the Mobay girl and she took us directly to the custom clearance and to our luggage and out. Before we even got to the langue, our Taxi (Rocky's) was waiting for us.
    It was one hour and 20 minute drive to Hedo.

They did not had room ready and told us to go have lunch and come back in an hour.
    After lunch we got our room and someone took us to the room. We were 2 doors before the last room of the resort (sandals next to us) room 1128. Room was in a nice size with a big King bed and a comfortable mattress. Even that it was a dated room, still nice and big enough. After relaxing a bit, we decided to walk the beach and see what is all about and see if we can get the courage to walk to the nude side.
    We started walking along the beach and already started seeing naked people on the clothing optional side. It is a beautiful walk, clean and not so crowded. You could see many lounge chairs and shades under the trees which we like. We got to the point that said you have to be naked from here on, but we kept walking and another few minutes and we hit the nude pool. Lots of people on the pool and on that side of the beach. We both agreed that it is time to take the plunge. We found a corner and took everything and got right in the pool with our cups to get our first drink.
    That was it, all the worry, nervousness, uncertainty, all disappeared once you are naked and you holding your drink. We met our nice groups and introduced ourselves. The rest of the day, we stayed by the pool and having real fun. Eventually around 6pm the long flight got to us and we decided to head to our room to take a break and head to dinner. Unfortunately when I went to the shower, I thought that I don’t know how to manage the shower knobs and could not figure out the hot and cold water. No matter how much or which way you turned it, all you could get was hot boiling water. Somehow we half showered and called the front desk and explained the situation. They told us to wait 15 minute and someone will come to fix it, this repeated 3 time and no one showed up. We decided to head to dinner and we went to flames. I have no idea why people complained about food but this place was as good as any 5 star place. We really enjoyed our dinner and service.
    After dinner we tried to walk to the entertainment and watch a bit of it but we were too tired to stay and head to bed.

Day 2 started at the ugly shower and again we called and they assured us that it will be fixed today.
    Head to breakfast and another surprise on the breakfast. A very nice and big breakfast buffet with a very fast and good omelet section (actually 2 of them). The service was more than what we expected. As soon as you sat down, you get a nice good morning from the waitress/busboy or whatever you call it. Followed by any drink you want, followed by constant cleaning your table and asking if you need anything.
    The weather was excellent so we headed to walk on the beach and we actually stayed on the beach for couple of ours enjoying the calm water and beautiful views of the ocean. Eventually we headed to the nude pool and met our friends and stayed at the pool for the rest of the day. It sure was entertaining to be in and around the pool. The DJ and Hedo staff made sure we all having good time, Mark maze was another entertainer/DJ that also took his part on the pool and it was really fun.
    During lunch time, we decided to try the grill by the pool. We tried the Jerk chicken and grilled cheese sandwich. Yes, the jerk chicken is really as good as they say it is.
    With all the fun and drink we had all day, it was time for us to go to room and relax before getting ready for our group dinner followed by theme night.
    Well, the story repeats and no one fixed the water. Thanks god for this site that mentioned to bring our own larger cups for drinks because not only we could use that on the pool but now we had big cups to take cold water from the sink and at least try to shower this way.
    Our group met for dinner at the main dining room (buffet). Food was so so. On a scale of 1 to 10 we sure would give it a 4. The Hedo entertainment started just as we were finishing our dinner and it was a decent or OK time but a bit boring. Really there was no reason to sit there and watch, knowing that the guest are partying and can be more entertaining. We decided to walk around and go to the piano bar which was a good crowed of party people. Great time at the piano bar, and to top it even more, Mark Maze showed up and got more people involved so everyone were having fun.
    Good thing is that you can just go out and sit by the lounge chairs outside once you are in a good conversation or simply want to have a relax time. Or just walk to the disco area or simply just walk the beach and do anything you want. The place is always alive and it is not far from each other.

Day 3 had started at the breakfast buffet having really a good omelet. Followed by walking to the beach and waiting for our groups or others who registered to take the catamaran cruise. We understood that the catamaran tour is not the same schedule so make sure you ask what’s on that day. Regardless it is highly recommended, a total fun day and partying in the boat. We all were clothed when going and all naked when back. We were hungry when we got back so straight to the Buffet. And again, not a big deal on the food other than the Pasta station which was really good. After lunch we decided that it is time to walk outside Hedo and check out Sandals and take our family pictures. When back, it was enough time to go and party a bit on the nude pool which as usual the best spot of the resort because of the People and nothing else.
    Later that night we wanted to go back to Flame for dinner and when we got there at a bit after 7, the place was packed and many waiting in line. And we sure did not wanted the buffet again. We decided to check Rastafari and again place is full so off we go to try Harysan. With our luck they had table for us and we sure were glad that Flame was full. This place is even better than the flame. You get good food with a twist of Japanese entertainment. So for sure we got hooked and decided that reviews are wrong about the food if you avoid the Buffet (at list avoid them for dinner).
    We also wanted to see the play room and even that you r are not in the lifestyle, you better check this place. A really clean well maintained place. Specially it had water fall and hot tub (cold water) that gave the place a very romantic atmosphere. A job well done for the play room. They also had nice showers there so we both enjoyed the shower.
    We decided to call it the night and went to our room and sleep.

By Day 4 it becomes a routine to get up and start the day with breakfast. My wife decided to go to the front desk and let them know that no one fixed the problem. They called maintenance in front of her and then assured her that someone is on his way to fix it. We went back to our room for couple of hours and then headed to the pool and spent the rest of the day with our great group having a full fun day. We used the grill again for our lunch and snakes. Spending the whole day with wild party people is a bit overwhelming so it is good to take some time off and just lay on the beach for some alone time.
    Around 5pm we decided that it is time to go to our room and get ready for the dinner and night. . Actually a bit excited that we finally get to have a normal shower. As soon as my wife got in the shower and turned the water on, a blast of steaming water hit her chest and burned her skin. Well, back to our insulated cups. Eventually we went to dinner and this time we went to Rastafari and it was yet another good surprise. For sure we recommend to find the time and visit each one of those places at list once. Followed by having fun on the theme nights and enjoy the atmosphere of how real fun people can party. Unfortunately the burns was bothering her too much and we headed back to our room early.
    After an uncomfortable sleep the whole night, my wife went to the lobby and she was sent to the nurse. She put some ointment on her and checked her skin condition and agreeing that it the burns from the how water and suggested we fill out a form and follow with the manager. Unfortunately there is no management to follow, the smiles and ya man that you see is all fake and there is nothing beyond that.

We tried to enjoy our vacation as much as we could, maybe just in slower motion and not staying outside more than an hour at a time. Pretty much it is a repeat of the other days. We have been told to be checked out and ready outside by 8:30 am for rockys to pick us up back to the airport. At 8:45 and no sign of our taxi. I went to the front desk and asked them to call rockys and see why the delay, front desk said that it is too early to call them and we should wait another 15 minute and see what happen. Thanks god for my wife that did not wanted to wait another 15 minute and she found rockys business card and called from her cell phone. After few phone calls, rockys found a driver that was not even the employee if rockys and he picked us up at 9:20. As soon as he heard that our flight is getting late, he assured us that he will make it up and we got to the airport in less than an hour. He sure deserved that big tip. We skipped Club Mobay and went directly to our flight and back to reality.

So for the newbies again, Hedo can be lots of fun. No need to worry about getting naked as you will find out that it is really not a big deal. What makes this place so good is only the PEOPLE and not the place. we are lifestyle friendly and been to many lifestyle places and never ever had issue with any of them. You only can find the nicest and non-judgmental people and that is number one thing to look for when you want to vacation. The resort itself is nice, especially those remodeled area, they clean the place constantly, they smile when they see you all the time. Unfortunately we found out that what you see there, are employees that scared of their jobs. They have been told that you don’t smile, you will get cought getting tip, you don’t get enough good reviews, you will lose your job of making between $250 to $400 (yes Four Hundred) a month. But behind that, there is no management that cares, or trained enough for the job or handle situations. I am pretty sure that if something bigger than this would happen how they even would know what to do. I did not wrote all about mishandling and the way that top management were acting and handling things because most of people that reading this are really like it’s their home. We had conversation with nice people that where visiting for many many times. Clearly remember one said it is his 23rd, another was his 47th and another passed his 150th time. So put this place on your list but pray, and pray hard that nothing will go wrong and you won’t need help.

Thank You for the detailed and honest trip report. I'm so sorry you had to deal with nonsense over something so simple as a stupid shower. I hope the burns weren't too bad.

Are you in the Hedo FB group? This would be a great report to post in there as well
    Joe & Jo (JoJo)

Oct 15 Room 2104 Wicked Wildcats
    Feb 16 Room 1130 Fluffernutters
    Oct 16 Room 1142 Wicked Wildcats
    Apr 17 Room 1229 Dirty Pervs
    Oct 17 Room 1215 International Delights
    Oct 18 Room 1151 International Delights
    Dec 18 Room 1106 WWW
    Feb 19 Room 1156 Fluffernutters
    Oct 19 Room 1204 International Delights

Next trip Oct 2020 with International Delights

Great report.
    Sucks about the shower.
    Did you tell your group leaders about it at anytime?
    Cop..
    Co-Hosts of kitten + angel's 15th Annual Spring Fling April 9th - 16th, 2022 (We will be onsite 4/7/22 - 4/18/22) http://www.kittennangel.com/

Great meeting and partying with you guys. I wish you had of let Angela or I know about the water issue at the time as we would have tried to help. Or If all else failed u could have showered in our room!!! But glad u had a great time besides for that.

Quote Originally Posted by mac_r_a Hubby View Post
    Great meeting and partying with you guys. I wish you had of let Angela or I know about the water issue at the time as we would have tried to help. Or If all else failed u could have showered in our room!!! But glad u had a great time besides for that.
    That's what I'm sayin, lol.
    Cop..
    Co-Hosts of kitten + angel's 15th Annual Spring Fling April 9th - 16th, 2022 (We will be onsite 4/7/22 - 4/18/22) http://www.kittennangel.com/

yes

Quote Originally Posted by CopNkitten View Post
    Great report.
    Sucks about the shower.
    Did you tell your group leaders about it at anytime?
    Cop..
    yes

Great first time report very honest. Sorry to hear about the shower mishap! Hope you two still had a good time.
    Past Trips:
    November: 2008, 2011, 2012
    October: 2016
    January: 2014, 2016, 2018, 2019, 2020

Upcoming Trip: January 19th - 31st 2021

Great report. Glad you managed to have a good time in spite of the issues.

On our first trip, the shower seemed possessed... steaming hot one day, ice cold the next.

This year, it was steaming hot... but the temperature nob actually had a hand written note over it showing arrows with "hot" in one direction and "cold" in the other. I was spinning it in the cold direction as I laughed with my wife about how stupid this damn shower was... then, as I was talking, the nob stopped! after I had turned the nob for about ten full turns... I got to the end and the nob stopped... the shower actually got cold!!! We were able to control the shower temperature the rest of the week!!! YEAH!

So, if anyone else has shower temperature problems, keep turning the temperature nob until it stops... if that doesn't change the temperature, spin it the other way until it stops... it may take a ridiculous number of turns... but it could work for you.
    Hedo II - WWV/Hedo Amigos - March 14-21, 2020
    Hedo II - March 9-16, 2019
    Hedo II - WWV/Playful Pussycats - April 2017
    Hedo II - WWV/Hedo Amigos - March 2016

The other thing we discovered when we get too much hot water, is turning the hot water on full in the sink while your in the shower, seems to draw some of the heat off and you can use the shower, though still hot, not burning your skin off hot.
    Cop..

i spent a good amount of time on that knob. and doing what you said and more and nothing helped. it is obvious that the whole knob system they put in the showers are in bad quality and due to the age of them many went bad.

we had tried to contact Hedo even after our return. and they did not even bothered to answer. Tom's trip tried to get involved and help us and Hedo said that we are lying and they checked with the nurse which she said there was no water burn. perfect example that everyone is scared of the job there. clearly the nurse admitted of the water burns and wanted my wife to put in a complain. and now she has to lie to keep her job.

Registered User Naughty Nudists's Avatar
    For some reason I was under the impression the bathrooms were being modernized with regard to plumbing.I have a shower at home that is pretty simple,you move the lever more toward the red side until the water temp is "just right".If it is too cool there is an adjustment behind the plate to make it hotter that only takes a plumber about a minute to adjust.Modern fixtures are made that way to prevent scalding of children and the elderly.........