Thread: Number 1 Thing You Wish You Brought

Number 1 Thing You Wish You Brought

We are heading to Hedo for our first ever trip in August. We are looking for a little advice. For the Hedo veterans, what is the one (or two or three or four) thing you didn't bring with you that once you got there you wished you had brought? Thanks in advance for the input!

Blog Entries
    can't say we have ever got there and said i wish we had brought this or that... we have always over packed for every trip...lol
    Hedo II jan 2012 2013--2014---
    may-- oct 2014--
    jan. Apr. Oct 2015-- Jan, April, Oct 2016
    2017, April Sept, and Oct
    2018 Orlando June 2-9
    2018 Oct

Up Cumming Trips April and Oct 2017

Probably a weird one but I really wish I had brought hair conditioner.. At home I never use it but at the end of our Hedo week my hair was dry as hay! Don't know if it was the sea air (don't think so, I live by the sea) or the shower water, but one of the first things I did at home was use conditioner, and it was heavenly...

another girl
    to join kitten and I, lol
    Cop..
    Co-Hosts of kitten + angel's 15th Annual Spring Fling April 9th - 16th, 2022 (We will be onsite 4/7/22 - 4/18/22) http://www.kittennangel.com/

Hair conditioner (good one Sabine!)
    Moisturizer
    After sun care
    Big insulated mug

If you're going to be active, consider antibiotics. Hot tub, dehydration, lots of sex, etc lends to UTIs.

Friends that tell us they want to go with us, but never do..
    March 22-30 2013 Was our first trip of many to come. We had a blast with everyone, and I can see each trip getting better, and better.

March 28th 2014 plans to be an even better trip then 2013!!

March 27th 2015 hope to meet many old friends and make even more new friends

March 24th to April 2nd. Runaway Repeaters & Swing Into Spring

March 25th to April 3rd 2017. Going with the great people in SWING INTO SPRING aganin!

"Disclaimer - that is not us in the avatar picture"

DelCouple you could not be more correct. We have 3 couples that all ask about Hedo every time we plan a trip and say they want to go but when the time comes to pony up they chicken out. Oh well...........their loss. One thing to not forget is a power strip. Electrical outlets are scare and not well positioned.

All: Thanks for the input and advice. We will be sure to bring conditioner, after sun care, and an extension cord and a power strip.

Insulated mug for sure.
    Batteries.
    Baseball hat for bald guys to avoid burned scalp.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by phillygirl22 View Post
    Hair conditioner (good one Sabine!)
    Moisturizer
    After sun care
    Big insulated mug

If you're going to be active, consider antibiotics. Hot tub, dehydration, lots of sex, etc lends to UTIs.
    The antibiotics for travel are a good idea. If you get a stomach bug it can really cut into your trip.

With us it's planning more for the theme nights, not everyone participates, but it's time to let go and have a blast, we are planning already

Quote Originally Posted by phillygirl22 View Post

Agreed! Antibiotics & AZO. I developed a horrible UTI during our vacation, and ended up in the resort clinic. They quickly prescribed me antibiotics, but did not have anything to help with the pain/discomfort, aside from Ibuprofen. Come to find out you can't even get AZO (or similar) in Jamaica! I told them at the clinic if/when I came back I would load up on it and give it to them to share!

As meds go, we overpack, but some trips the stuff we brought has came in handy. Some of the stuff we bring is bandaids (both for cuts and blisters caused by 6 inch heels), neosporin (i spelled that wrong) tweezers (just in case you step on an urchin or pick up a sliver, cough drops to fight the hedo crud, swimmers ear (we dive), sudafed (helps clear the head diving and just in case we get a cold. We also bring petpto and Immodium AD...just in case. We also bring gum and mints. The wife also packs the vaj jay stuff...just in case. A couple other things we bring is a travel sewing kit and a couple safety pins.

meds, it is good to keep all prescription drugs in the drug store bottles, that way TSA has a harder time labeling you a a drug smuggler.