Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Accommodations at hedo

Accommodations at hedo

We came back from hedo in march we had a good timeMy question is for the money you spend the rooms were terrible and the food was horrible any one else experienced it.Please for all the loyalist of hedo I don't want to be negative but you must admit the place needs help.We want to go back maybe day passes.

Sorry your time was not up to your expectations.

Blog Entries
    so what you are saying is... you didn't like the rooms or the food... but you wants to go back on day passes... your not planning on eating at all while your there.... we are heading Home in 12 days for our 13th trip. notsure what you had there to eat or what room you had but we haven't had an experence like you are saying there yet. and we don't expect to.... sorry you didn't like what you got for your money but we know what we are getting for ours... another trip to remember.
    Hedo II jan 2012 2013--2014---
    may-- oct 2014--
    jan. Apr. Oct 2015-- Jan, April, Oct 2016
    2017, April Sept, and Oct
    2018 Orlando June 2-9
    2018 Oct

Up Cumming Trips April and Oct 2017

Ive found the food, for the most part, to be improved over the last few years.
    And with some exceptions, usually well prepared and tastes good.
    Sorry you did not have a good experience.
    Cop..
    Co-Hosts of kitten + angel's 15th Annual Spring Fling April 9th - 16th, 2022 (We will be onsite 4/7/22 - 4/18/22) http://www.kittennangel.com/

Basic rooms are very plain, old (or dated), and small. Food is good. Not always up to five star expectations, but mostly good. The selection of food is not always wonderful, but it gets by. But for us, the room is clean and we hardly see it anyway. The food is good enough and with an open bar we understand that we are probably drinking more dollars than we are eating anyway. So that leaves the people/environment. What I feel like I'm paying for is a place with a wonderful staff, other guests who are some of the best people in the world, a place where I can spend most of my time naked in public, a place where we can have sex almost anywhere and anytime the mood strikes, and a place that is all inclusive so I don't have any surprise invoices when I'm ready to leave. That's why we keep going back year after year. I do wish it cost less, or had fancier rooms, but hey, we still enjoy the heck out of it every year.
    Mitch & Melisa

We have stayed at other all-inclusives in Jamaica as well as other Caribbean countrys, when eating at the buffet, when eating at the buffet the food has been ok to good at all the places, very rarely great. If you are serving that many people it is next to impossible to make a great dish that everybody loves....plus we all have different tastes. At Hedo, we have found that the food is better at the restaurants. We also love Jerk Chicken and Grilled Cheese from the nude grill at lunch....it may not be the food...the atmosphere might influence us..lol

As for the rooms, yep some are dated and a little on the small side, but they work. In our opinion, the room upgrades are nice, but the only way to fix the room issue is to tear down buildings and rebuild them in a modern way. Hedo was built in the 70's and at a time when there was not a lot in Negril, at the time it was a Wow resort, now other resorts do have better rooms.

As for the money, we always book on the prude side so it is cheaper, but compared to other AI, hedo is still very reasonably priced and for those that dive, it is very well priced.

I felt the buffet was just alright, for breakfast if your a fruit/cereal/pastry person it's usually fresh and excellent, the buffet for lunch which we only had one time was just ok nothing special, the snack bar by the nude pool is always made to order and for what we are looking for pretty good, dinner we at at one of the restaurants every night and we found the food to be top notch especially Pastafari we would never in a million years order that much food anywhere else at one time but everything on the menu is amazing. As for the room I'm a 4-5 hour a night sleeper anyway so as long as the room is clean I'm good, I could pick at tiny things about the room that should/could be done, but really we didn't come for the room. I've talked to several veterans who say to stay on the prude side and save your money, which I can see, we stayed nude ocean view and I was great, biggest complaint really was that I wish the room had a balcony, but it just forced me to have my morning coffee on the beach

Registered User Naughty Nudists's Avatar
    As for the food at Hedo,it depends on what your tastes and requirements are.Mine are admittedly pretty low.Breakfast at any resort is pretty much the same.Eggs,fruit,breakfast meats,omelettes etc.Hedo serves an awesome breakfast.Lunch,almost all the resorts are going to have some sort of salad and lunch selections for sandwiches etc;not a whole lot there.Cafeteria style serving limits any resort to the basic meats,greens,and starches.
    If you want something extra go to one of the restaurants and you will experience a more "fine dining" experience.Hedo has some pretty awesome desserts if you are into sweets.We need to give the management a standing ovation for the improvements made since our first trip in 2013!

we are leaving for hedo tomorrow and just wondering about the restaurants, do you have to make reservations at them and is there a max. number of times you can go to them like other resorts we have been to. We are not picky people but this did cost alot compared to our usual Cuba vacation lol. as long as the room is clean not really a big issue but when people say small is it really cramped? we booked prude garden view to save the money. what would be the approx. dimensions in feet of the room, I know lots of questions lol thanks

Reservations are no longer required and no limit on visits, first come first served. We did not find the rooms small at all and the beds are huge ...large enough for 4 lol
    It's difficult to rate other Caribbean vacations to Cuba as it is notoriously inexpensive by comparison.
    Last edited by CapnMorgan; 04-09-2017 at 09:06 AM.
    s
    St. Martin, FWI, 1991-2011
    Hedonism II -January 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016 (x2), 2017
    Cayo Largo, Cuba, December 1-7, 2014
    Hedonism II - April 10-17, 2016 K&A Spring Fling
    Hedonism II - April 16-23, 2017 K&A Spring Fling
    Hedonism II - April 8-15, 2018 K&A Spring Fling
    Hedo 2 April 14-21, 2019 K&A Spring Fling
    H2 April 8-17, 2022 K&A Spring Fling

"If you want something you've never had, you must be willing to do something you've never done" - Thomas Jefferson

Banned
    Here is the deal.... the upgraded rooms are really nice, but very costly (as much or more than Desire). The food at Hedo stay away from the buffets as much as you can. The restaurants are usually better, we rarely do the buffet at night. Nude pool food is ok but limited, ask for the fish it's usually better than most things there. We go to Hedo 2 to 3 times are year for the fun, and pretend we are camping. (We just were there for New Years and will be there in May again.) If you are looking for upscale, we go to Desire Pearl once a year as it's very upscale rooms, food and service are amazing, so I bring my wife there to pamper her for the week. We bring friends so it fun for us, but never like Hedo. We've been to Pearl and Rivera Maya with swinger groups as well. Hedonism II really is the only place in the world with an atmosphere like it has. Even the swinger cruise ships do not contend.

We must be simple people because we think the rooms are fine and the food is pretty good too. For one we aren't cooking it for once :-) My normal lunch is a peanut butter and jelly sandwich in my car driving so for me it's pretty good.
    1ST TRIP APRIL 27TH MAY 1ST 2013
    2ND TRIP WITH KITTEN&ANGEL'S SPRING FLING APR 12TH TO APR 18TH 2014
    3RD TRIP WITH KITTEN&ANGEL'S SPRING FLING APR 10TH TO APR 17TH 2015.
    4TH TRIP WITH KITTEN&ANGEL'S SPRING FLING APRIL 8TH TO 15TH 2016
    5TH TRIP WITH KITTEN&ANGEL'S SPRING FLING APRIL 17TH TO 22ND 2017
    6TH TRIP KITTEN&ANGEL'S SPRING FLING APRIL 6th to 14th 2018
    7TH TRIP MAY 4TH TO MAY 11TH WITH TANTRIC HEARTS.
    8TH TRIP November 6th to 14th
    9TH TRIP APRIL 30TH TO MAY 8TH

Quote Originally Posted by Brian&Terri View Post
    We must be simple people because we think the rooms are fine and the food is pretty good too. For one we aren't cooking it for once :-) My normal lunch is a peanut butter and jelly sandwich in my car driving so for me it's pretty good.
    Agreed. I'd go one step further and say we've found the food to be excellent, especially the last few trips.

I'm with you...I guess we are "simple people" as well.. If I don't have to cook breakfast, lunch or dinner for a week to 10 days I'm good...I can say I have never gone hungry at Hedo.. There's something for everyone, even those who need gluten free or have allergies .. You just have to ask . They are so accommodating ..For the rooms, for all you're really in them, to shower get dressed and maybe a little fun... The rooms aren't that big of a deal... Unless you're a shut in, who doesn't give the Hedo Eperience the full run..lol..
    Travel with "KITTEN & ANGEL'S SPRING FLING -- wouldn't go with anyone else....

April 2009- Kitten & Angel. Sept 2009
    April 2010- Kitten & Angel. Sept 2010
    April 2011- Kitten & Angel. Sept 2011
    April 2012- Kitten & Angel. Sept 2012. Oct 2012
    April 2013- Kitten & Angel. Sept 2013
    April 2014- Kitten & Angel. Sept 2014, Oct 2014
    April 2015- Kitten & Angel. Sept 2015
    April 2016- Kitten & Angel. Sept 2016

Sept 2017, 2018, 2019

We must be simple people as well. We found that the food has improved considerably in the last few years (since the resort was sold), particularly the desserts. We never have trouble finding something we like in the dining room, beach grills, Martino's or Harrysan and have never felt faint from lack of nutrition. We particularly enjoy the dining room themes nights, Asian, Jamaica, lobster, ect.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast