Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Play room vs hot tub

Hedo II, Negril. Anywhere else does not matter
    Blog Entries
    As long as you don't shed blood - (BDSM is allowed), you are allowed to play any whichever way you want - that is why it is the playroom - but there are some simple rules - do not invade the privacy of others, watching is not invading privacy unless you have been told so, while touching is invading privacy unless you have been permitted. You get the difference. Enjoy, play, share and recycle (come again and again).
    Hedo 3 - 4th July week 2005
    Desire - July 2007 -
    Hedo 3 - 4th July week 2009 ( closed now)
    Hedo 2 - Lovevoodoo Nov. 2010,2011,2012,2013,2014 -
    No Swim Suit - March 2014, 2015, 2016, 2018 -
    4th July Week - July 2015,2016 - 5th March to 13th March 2016
    Feb17-25 2017. 27 Oct to 5th Nov 2017:
    Mar 2-11 2018; March 29-April 7 2019:
    Coming Up 29th Oct - 6th Nov 2021.
    www.amazon.com/author/venusshaw
    www.swingersexdiaries.com
    https://www.swingtowns.com/like/eroticavenus

We've never read a thread largely (or even slightly) containing many posts about how great it was to have single males available. The desire those incredibly few couples have for a single male "add-on" hardly justifies the greater majority of guests that on some (if not many) occasions are annoyed, or pissed off by their poor behavior. Put simply, it may not be fair to judge the single guys as a whole, but the needs and wants of the many outweighs those of the few. Most swing clubs don't allow single males that are not accompanied by a couple, so why should Hedo be any different?

I think it Hedo has come up with a good compromise. If couples want to play with single males they can play at the hot tub. If couples don't want to deal with the singles, they can use the playroom. Everybody should be happy!

The issue that started this thread, was "unwanted" advances/attention/actions by single males. Also, I don't feel anyone should have to go to the playroom to avoid unwanted behavior. Unfortunately, cowgirl, you are giving the benefit of the doubt that everyone is as nice as you are. On another note, love your avatar.

Blog Entries
    There are many couples only resorts. No need for another one. Hedo is paradise a sit is - love it or leave it.
    Desire - July 2007 -

So the polite people should just get over themselves and deal with the shit? Really!!!

I've seen your posts before and I know you're in tune. I almost always agree with you, but this time you're way off.

Anyone who stains another's vacation (ESPECIALLY AT HEDO) shouldn't be there. Period.

Quote Originally Posted by jshell View Post
    The issue that started this thread, was "unwanted" advances/attention/actions by single males. Also, I don't feel anyone should have to go to the playroom to avoid unwanted behavior. Unfortunately, cowgirl, you are giving the benefit of the doubt that everyone is as nice as you are. On another note, love your avatar.
    There are pushy single women and couples as well. Like I said, one of my favorite guys there is a single guy. He is so incredibly nice. Legends of legends. He's just amazing.
    I've met a few really nice single guys there to have fun. weren't pushy, were friendly and totally not inappropriate. I'd actually go so far as to say I've met just as many pushy and annoying couples in the hottub as I have single men. Many of them were the husbands with wives who weren't as adventurous leering at other couples and women. We should really just ban pushy people.
    I also see it to be an unfair statement that most couples don't want anything to do with single men in the bedroom. about 1/2 the couples I come across don't want anything to do with anyone, let alone single men, in the bedroom.

Contrary to popular belief, hedo isn't a fuck fest. Granted there are a few moths that are geared towards swingers but mostly it's a bunch of naked people who hang out for awhile and drink, kick back and relax. I remember one time my ex asked a couple if they played with other couples. she said "Have you seen the size of my husband's dick? " We celebrated their 50th wedding anniversary a few years back. Some swing, some don't. It's a very broad spectrum of people most of the year. If you want the swinger culture of everyone is there specifically to hook up with other couples, I'd suggest going that time of year. If you want to go when most people just hang out naked and have fun, go when it's mostly them. A lot of swing clubs and SLS host events at hedo, great time to go if that's what you're looking for. If you want a large swinger crowd, go 1st week of July. Our trip over lapped, and I was surprised that more often than not, -all- of them were pretty pushy and wouldn't even talk to us because we weren't
    interested in that crowd. Could barely get a drink! "You're not a swinger? Why are you even here?" We got that a lot those few days. Pretty rude.

There are couples only lifestyle resorts that you might prefer if you don't like single men.

Blog Entries
    Who stains whose vacation is not a matter of majority/minority. Hedo is where everyone is welcome. There are boundaries and everyone is expected to confirm. There are unfortunate exceptions as everywhere else, otherwise there would be no crime - there are enough laws to prevent crimes. No need to throw the baby with the bathwater due to a few exceptions. Idea is to deal with it - in an adult manner, as it is and have your fun too. Hedo will die if it was to become another Desire. Sorry, we have been there since over 10 years, and never felt that the principles of Hedonism should change due to a few exceptions. Actually, we have had situations where if someone looks even mildly threatening, there are 5 chivalrous people standing by to help things out. Have fun, do not be too critical of a few people - they are everywhere, but the good people 99% of Hedo, you will find nowhere else.
    Desire - July 2007 -

For my wife and I, we have no need for single guys at Hedo. It's just not what we're looking for.

BUT!!!... There is a need for them at Hedo. Many people are looking for that and they do fill that need. I don't think any policies on single guys should be changed.

The issue is people being creepy and being a nuisance. In two visits to Hedo, we've seen a handful of these people (one was a woman, so not just men). Nearly all these people were part of a couple... only one was there on a day pass as a single guy. His buddy, also there on a day pass, was a really nice guy.

Getting rid of single guys only gets rid of a small percentage of creeps, but reduces opportunity for couples who are looking for the male version of a Unicorn (a stud?).
    Hedo II - WWV/Hedo Amigos - March 14-21, 2020
    Hedo II - March 9-16, 2019
    Hedo II - WWV/Playful Pussycats - April 2017
    Hedo II - WWV/Hedo Amigos - March 2016

My comments have been in support/defense of some who have posted here. Those who HAVE had problems. Personally, I've never had any problem with the single guys. It just seems this topic comes up a lot. Usually a few bad experiences are shared, then followed by the single guy cavalry riding to the rescue. I don't care if single guys are there. I just hate that anyone has ever had any bad experiences.

I actually had a woman (she was with her husband) who would "stalk" me. She asked me politely one day if she could touch my breasts and I said thank you for asking and yes of course. However she proceeded to bite my nipple extremely hard and I said ok that's enough but she took it as an invitation the rest of the vacation to keep on trying her luck. At one point she even went as far as to interrupt my conversation at 3 in the morning while I was eating pizza with a friend and ask if she could "serve" me water in exchange for another go at my breasts! Seriously she was creeping me out! Everytime I saw her I swam or walked in the other direction. By her actions alcohol and/or drugs probably did not help her personality any unfortunately. And I agree with WSSkier that creepy people can be married or coupled as I have had no issues with single men (Yet). Hopefully it was a one off situation and next January she won't be there again lol.

Hedo doesn't need to exclude singles. Many singles, men and women behave properly and deserve the chance to vacation at Hedo. There are people who are part of a couple, man/ woman that misbehave, and they are welcomed at Hedo.
    Unfortunately, there are some bad apples who spoil things for the rest of us. Not sure what the answer is, but it ISN'T banning single men.
    One idea is for the rest of us to really step up and verbalize to the offenders that what they are doing is wrong and unacceptable. Not just move to the other side of the pool or ignore the behavior or hide.
    But, that is hard too, as none of us want to have confrontations during our own special vacations.
    We all also need to do a better job of reporting offenders to security so that they can step in.
    Perhaps, if the collective "we" cracks down on the offenders, they will realize that they are not welcome and stop coming to Hedo. It takes a village obviously to change things.
    In the meantime, I will enjoy what Hedo has to offer and not waste time stressing about the parts that aren't perfect.

I don't know what it is with some women and biting... I think this the 3rd story I hear about a girl getting her nipple almost bitten off.

Quote Originally Posted by jchotcouple View Post
    I actually had a woman (she was with her husband) who would "stalk" me. She asked me politely one day if she could touch my breasts and I said thank you for asking and yes of course. However she proceeded to bite my nipple extremely hard and I said ok that's enough but she took it as an invitation the rest of the vacation to keep on trying her luck. At one point she even went as far as to interrupt my conversation at 3 in the morning while I was eating pizza with a friend and ask if she could "serve" me water in exchange for another go at my breasts! Seriously she was creeping me out! Everytime I saw her I swam or walked in the other direction. By her actions alcohol and/or drugs probably did not help her personality any unfortunately. And I agree with WSSkier that creepy people can be married or coupled as I have had no issues with single men (Yet). Hopefully it was a one off situation and next January she won't be there again lol.
    Hedo II - WWV/Hedo Amigos - March 14-21, 2020
    Hedo II - March 9-16, 2019
    Hedo II - WWV/Playful Pussycats - April 2017
    Hedo II - WWV/Hedo Amigos - March 2016

Quote Originally Posted by cowgirl View Post
    Hedo doesn't need to exclude singles. Many singles, men and women behave properly and deserve the chance to vacation at Hedo. There are people who are part of a couple, man/ woman that misbehave, and they are welcomed at Hedo.
    Unfortunately, there are some bad apples who spoil things for the rest of us. Not sure what the answer is, but it ISN'T banning single men.
    One idea is for the rest of us to really step up and verbalize to the offenders that what they are doing is wrong and unacceptable. Not just move to the other side of the pool or ignore the behavior or hide.
    But, that is hard too, as none of us want to have confrontations during our own special vacations.
    We all also need to do a better job of reporting offenders to security so that they can step in.
    Perhaps, if the collective "we" cracks down on the offenders, they will realize that they are not welcome and stop coming to Hedo. It takes a village obviously to change things.
    In the meantime, I will enjoy what Hedo has to offer and not waste time stressing about the parts that aren't perfect.
    Good point cowgirl. I should have included (as I have in similar threads before) that Hedo (on my trips) is extremely well policed by guests, even without getting security involved. On our trips, we have seen unwanted behavior taken care of on the spot by other guests (usually a male offender corrected by other male guests). It is, however a different situation when a female is the offender. It's hard for male guests to be imposing corrective measures to female guests. Sorry for drifting, but my point was to add that I have observed other guests putting a stop right away to unruly single males.

Quote Originally Posted by sexylady View Post
    Who stains whose vacation is not a matter of majority/minority. Hedo is where everyone is welcome. There are boundaries and everyone is expected to confirm. There are unfortunate exceptions as everywhere else, otherwise there would be no crime - there are enough laws to prevent crimes. No need to throw the baby with the bathwater due to a few exceptions. Idea is to deal with it - in an adult manner, as it is and have your fun too. Hedo will die if it was to become another Desire. Sorry, we have been there since over 10 years, and never felt that the principles of Hedonism should change due to a few exceptions. Actually, we have had situations where if someone looks even mildly threatening, there are 5 chivalrous people standing by to help things out. Have fun, do not be too critical of a few people - they are everywhere, but the good people 99% of Hedo, you will find nowhere else.
    Well said. It's nice to have the option. We enjoy both. As a couple, or when traveling solo.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123