Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Newbie question

Newbie question

Hey guys, newly married couple here and we were looking into doing a hedo or desire vacation, from what i read its swinging, playing, and just having fun from what i could gather. i had a question, me and the wife are both plus sized people and kind of nervous wed be outcast or be looked at as "those people" of course we dont expect anyone to play with us if they dont want to but we dont want to feel weird while were there. are there a good amount of plus sized people? how accepting is it. Thanks in advance!

I'd say you are probably in the majority. For most of us to afford a Hedo vacation, we have to reach that earning stage that includes plenty of discretionary income. Or, in other words, we've gotten older. Age usually brings, what I'll call, a "comfortable body." So in short, don't worry. You'll see all sizes and shapes. Attitude will take you much further than appearance. Friendly and fun folks always have other friendly and fun folks around them, and their body types may all be different. We have made plenty of good friends over our three trips and while a few have what I would call very nice physiques, most are older and larger. But we love them all.
    Mitch & Melisa

Good question but nothing to worry about, there are a lot more of "us" than there are "Ken and Barbie" types. As noted above, there will be every type of body under the sun there, but the most important thing is a great attitude and open mind. Hedo has the most accepting people anywhere, and if you come with those two things, you will love. Trip #20 coming up for us in just a few short weeks and we can't wait

I had the same thoughts when we first started talking about going...but it wasn't anything like I thought it was.... As soon as the clothes come off everyone is on the same playing field.. No one cares about your size, age, what you drive, how much money you make or what your house looks like.. Hedo is a place like no other... You just have to experience it once and you'll know exactly what we all mean. And you gain a family... (The Hedo Family). Lol
    Travel with "KITTEN & ANGEL'S SPRING FLING -- wouldn't go with anyone else....

April 2009- Kitten & Angel. Sept 2009
    April 2010- Kitten & Angel. Sept 2010
    April 2011- Kitten & Angel. Sept 2011
    April 2012- Kitten & Angel. Sept 2012. Oct 2012
    April 2013- Kitten & Angel. Sept 2013
    April 2014- Kitten & Angel. Sept 2014, Oct 2014
    April 2015- Kitten & Angel. Sept 2015
    April 2016- Kitten & Angel. Sept 2016

Sept 2017, 2018, 2019

Quote Originally Posted by Ontario View Post
    I had the same thoughts when we first started talking about going...but it wasn't anything like I thought it was.... As soon as the clothes come off everyone is on the same playing field.. No one cares about your size, age, what you drive, how much money you make or what your house looks like.. Hedo is a place like no other... You just have to experience it once and you'll know exactly what we all mean. And you gain a family... (The Hedo Family). Lol
    Completely agree!
    Returning to HEDO October 16 through 26, 2019

Quote Originally Posted by David & Qian View Post
    Completely agree!
    From a guys perspective, women will generally say a man is of average size, and not that I'm going around inspecting but everyone is out in the open, and let me say yeah I'm average and some, whoa was I shocked not even exsisting in size

Hello, another guys perspective here. After our first trip to Hedo my perspective on whats sexy in a woman completely changed. I have a hard time now defining my "type"
    I find sexy in every shape and size its more about her personality and attitude. And if we share a mutual attraction it is a beautiful thing.

Bruce
    :
    dnbforwhatever on SLS
    Dee_N_Bruce on SDC

June/July 2011 Hedo virgins no more!
    Nov/Dec 2011
    June/July 2012 Can't get enough!
    Nov/Dec 2012
    April 20th to May 4th 2013
    June 23rd to July 7th 2014
    May 2nd to May 10th 2015
    Nov 26th to Nov 30th 2015
    April 30th to May 8th 2016
    Nov 24th to Dec 3rd 2016
    May 6th to May 14th 2017
    May 5th to May 13th 2018
    May 4th to May 12th 2019
    April 24th to May 1st 2021

I was always worried about being overweight. Even as I pack for my 9th or 10th trip I still find I'm talking myself off the ledge of insecurity. And just like every other trip it will be great. I'll laugh at how silly I was and show off what I got!! It really is a very fun and freeing experience. No judging. Go!! You'll love it!!

Size won't affect you being accepted into conversations, activities, or things of that nature. As far as play time, it's just like real life. It's based on attraction. Myself being far from a 10, let's just say I know and accept that it's a numbers thing. 8's are attracted to 8's and above.

With that said, as mentioned by others, attitude and personality factor in, so a 6.5 has a shot at an 8 if things like that are in the mix.

The Utopians will scream against me from the mountain tops, but there's your straight answer.

Bottom line, Hedo accepts and you will LOVE IT, so go and have a great time.
    Last edited by jshell; 04-02-2017 at 07:55 PM.

Registered User Naughty Nudists's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dee and Bruce View Post
    Hello, another guys perspective here. After our first trip to Hedo my perspective on whats sexy in a woman completely changed. I have a hard time now defining my "type"
    I find sexy in every shape and size its more about her personality and attitude. And if we share a mutual attraction it is a beautiful thing.

Bruce
    It's about so much more than specific physical attributes.True,some women look better in their clothes than others,but once they're all exposed in the pool it boils down to personality,smiles,conversational skills and attitudes that make even an "average" into an absolute Goddess.................and so many of them don't even realize that they are! That's what makes Hedo such a unique experience...

Everyone worries about their appearance... even the amazingly good looking people. So, you're in good company. Most of the bodies at Hedo have some miles on them...

Personally, I'm attracted to someone who owns what they see in the mirror and is OK with it... they do the best with what they have and aren't ashamed of it.

A bigger girl with a smile on her face will win over a skinny girl counting the calories in her salad every day of the week! Both for hanging out with, and for play time.
    Hedo II - WWV/Hedo Amigos - March 14-21, 2020
    Hedo II - March 9-16, 2019
    Hedo II - WWV/Playful Pussycats - April 2017
    Hedo II - WWV/Hedo Amigos - March 2016

When we finally made our first trip, way back when... I was like I'm no Barbie this isn't gonna work...I walked that beach several times with clothes on...finally I had that little chat with myself... I came all this way to experience Hedo, and if I go home and say I wish I had of...I was gonna be so disappointed... Keep in mind the hubby was so understanding and walked that beach with me...everything we got close to the nude pool he smiled and I turned around..lol...

When we finally made it to the nude pool still on. Our first day ... I dropped my sun dress and some gentleman already in the pool lent a hand to help me in off the side and really the rest is history.. There were a few times I would grab my towel to run to the bathroom, but then I was like this is me, I'm fine with it... I really don't care what others think....lol...

Now I arrive at the room drop my clothes and it's a speed walk to the nude pool.... Times have changed....17 times later... I still learn new things about myself...
    Travel with "KITTEN & ANGEL'S SPRING FLING -- wouldn't go with anyone else....

April 2009- Kitten & Angel. Sept 2009
    April 2010- Kitten & Angel. Sept 2010
    April 2011- Kitten & Angel. Sept 2011
    April 2012- Kitten & Angel. Sept 2012. Oct 2012
    April 2013- Kitten & Angel. Sept 2013
    April 2014- Kitten & Angel. Sept 2014, Oct 2014
    April 2015- Kitten & Angel. Sept 2015
    April 2016- Kitten & Angel. Sept 2016

Sept 2017, 2018, 2019

Quote Originally Posted by BandE710 View Post
    Hey guys, newly married couple here and we were looking into doing a hedo or desire vacation, from what i read its swinging, playing, and just having fun from what i could gather. i had a question, me and the wife are both plus sized people and kind of nervous wed be outcast or be looked at as "those people" of course we dont expect anyone to play with us if they dont want to but we dont want to feel weird while were there. are there a good amount of plus sized people? how accepting is it. Thanks in advance!
    We went now 2 years ago . We missed this year but we're going in febuary 2018 for 2 weeks. We are booked . I'm a fat guy wife is skinny . We don't care what people think . All that matters is ur spouse. If your confidence in ur self and body who cares what others think. Our first trip was so amazing and people were so amazing no judging at all everybody welcomed us and was so amazing place. You newbies ull be fine . Can't wait tI'll next febuary 2018

Before my first trip, someone here said "Go to wal*mart, look around, that's who you'll see at Hedo. And he was right. You will find that everyone, even the "ken and Barbie"s have their flaws and character is a lot more important than your physical attributes.

Quote Originally Posted by magjoy View Post
    Before my first trip, someone here said "Go to wal*mart, look around, that's who you'll see at Hedo. And he was right. You will find that everyone, even the "ken and Barbie"s have their flaws and character is a lot more important than your physical attributes.
    This is so true. We have never been disappointed at hedo when it comes to friendly people who just want to have fun and work on the next hangover !!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast