Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hedo in August

Hedo in August

Hi All,

I'm reading some of these comments and am getting concerned. We have our first HEDO trip booked for August 16th, but the comments here suggest that wasn't a good idea. This was the only week we could plan for, but was it a mistake? What are the chances that hurricane season will affect our arrival (I don't care if we end up getting stranded at HEDO longer than planned. ) Are there many people there in mid-august? We didn't want to go when there was a BIG crowd because we don't know what to expect, but it would kind of defeat the purpose if we had the whole resort to ourselves.

Thanks.

Blog Entries
    We are also planning to go Mid august. That will be our 12th trip. Jamacia rarely gets hit by hurricanes and Negril almost always gets missed. It will be warm and sunny.It usually rains for a few minutes each day. You will have a great time.
    Dave and Claire

I don't think Hedo is ever empty... there is a slow season and I think August is part of it, but it sounds like you may be looking for that.

Hurricane season is officially June 1 to Nov 30 (6 months total). There could be a storm at anytime, but hurricanes are forecasted days in advance and the weather is generally only effected for a relatively short time. I wouldn't worry about it too much.
    Hedo II - WWV/Hedo Amigos - March 14-21, 2020
    Hedo II - March 9-16, 2019
    Hedo II - WWV/Playful Pussycats - April 2017
    Hedo II - WWV/Hedo Amigos - March 2016

We always go in August. Going to be there 4-12 this year

Great to hear! Thanks for the replies. I'm looking forward to it, and a little rain never bothered us. Some of our best memories happened in the rain

we have gone to hedo quite a few septembers, and never had a problem with the weather~ kitten
    Co-Hosts of kitten + angel's 15th Annual Spring Fling April 9th - 16th, 2022 (We will be onsite 4/7/22 - 4/18/22) http://www.kittennangel.com/

Hoping no storms for labor day weekend!

We are now looking at booking August 4th- 11th. I am a little nervous with it being hurricane season, but it is the only time that works for us! The hubby isn't the least bit concerned! Anyone in Canada booked with either Redtag.ca or Sunwing.ca? Any preference?

Quote Originally Posted by lovebeingbare View Post
    We are now looking at booking August 4th- 11th. I am a little nervous with it being hurricane season, but it is the only time that works for us! The hubby isn't the least bit concerned! Anyone in Canada booked with either Redtag.ca or Sunwing.ca? Any preference?
    we've booked through Sunwing before to Cuba. No issues... but you can't tell how good they are when little went wrong.

Generally, all the travel companies can book a plane and your room at a resort. Overbooking planes is not common place for these types of travel companies, so little to worry about there. If things go wrong, companies like Sunwing will be better at resolving your issues with a resort than RedTag. RedTag is more of a broker, where Sunwing actually has their own planes and focuses more on vacations... Sunwing would have an agent in Negril to help you resolve any issues as well.

Many people book through WestJet, I've seen many positive reviews.

Personally, we booked the resort through a US travel agent with a group and our flights through Air Canada with points... but it's different for everyone.
    Hedo II - WWV/Hedo Amigos - March 14-21, 2020
    Hedo II - March 9-16, 2019
    Hedo II - WWV/Playful Pussycats - April 2017
    Hedo II - WWV/Hedo Amigos - March 2016

We've been in August and September 4x. It's a lot of fun. The occupancy is usually 30-40% at best but that just means short lines
    at the bar and plenty of loungers at the beach.
    Trip #12 - September 2023 with the Seamore's Misfits.

We will be there at that time, We love going in August. Hope to see you there

Hi all! We are Hedo Newbies/"virgins" taking our first trip in August. Our dates are August 3rd-7th. We very much look forward to meeting some of you there!

We are there 4-12, hope to meet you!

We are FINALLY booked! August 4-11! We cannot wait to get back to Hedo!

What's the best way to book a trip it'll be our first one for wanting to go in August anyone have a good travel agent where do we get the best deals? are the Oceanside rooms with hot tubs worth the money or should we just go to Gardenview room any input would be helpful

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast