Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What to expect?

What to expect?

So my soon to be wife and I are headed to hedo on oct 8th for our honeymoon! We have never been in the lifestyle so as you may guess, it's going to be overwhelming for some newbies like us. We are deciding whether we should try out the lifestyle before we go or just jump right in when we get there? Anyone have suggestions?

That's a very personal decision and one only you can make. Suggestions from others would be based on their experience. Since we don't know you, it's really something you need to discuss, in depth, with each other. Communicate and then over-communicate and make sure whichever you choose, you do it together and are on the same page. If you considering it, you'll find good information forums on sites like Kasidie.com ($30/year membership). Some Lifestyle sites are geographically more popular in different areas. If you let us know what part of the country you're in, we can at least guide you to a good LS site to explore and continue your conversation.
    Hedo II 4 Trips
    Cap D'ade 2 Trips + Summer ‘21?
    Desire RM 1 trip

Thank you for the response. We were just wondering if other couples have been in our shoes or not. We both have discussed over and over again but talking about something and actually living in the moment are completely different! Wanted to know what other couples have done and how it turned out. We are from Michigan by the way. Can't wait to get out of this cold weather ������

While there are many people in the lifestyle that go to Hedo, Hedo is not a swinger resort. There are many that go to just be naked or to enjoy the freedom vibe. One should not be going with expectations to swing. As Happy2us said, this is a very personal choice. Suggest that you talk it over as a couple and establish your boundries before going to Hedo. If you get asked and you're not ready, take it as a compliment and simply say no thank you. Generally speaking, we have found that people at Hedo to be the most respectful people out there. What ever you choose, people will respect your boundaries.

Thank you. That puts us at ease since we are new. It should be a great time and can't wait to go.

Clear your mind of what you THINK Hedo will be. It will be different in all aspects from the moment you step off the bus. It will be possibilities you never imagined, so be sure you are at least on the same page as to what to do with those possibilities and that will help ensure no regrets. And remember, what you do at Hedo, can be what you do ONLY when at Hedo. There's home and there's Hedo. Enjoy both individually if that makes you both more comfortable and able to let loose.

I just had about an hour conversation with my wife and we are on the same page. Thank you to everyone that posted. jshell you nailed it! Clear the mind, know the boundaries and just have fun. What ever happens, happens!

Read as many trip reviews as you can on this website.....we just got back from our first time and the trip reports (taken as a whole) were very helpful. You can go there and try to hook up with as many couples as you want or just be with each other the whole time (our best sex was when it was just the 2 of us at the end of the night). Being there is a COMPLETELY different atmosphere than anything you will likely experience at home. The entire place is designed to allow you to do pretty much whatever you want. You just have to know what you want.

I like the lifestyle (been there before) but Melisa is not so sure, so, we don't (at least not yet). However, you will find that at Hedo you can focus on each other much more intensely that you will on most any vanilla vacation. Even though she is much more shy and reserved than I am, spending the day naked with everyone does tend to excite and loosen things up. Add alcohol and sexy evening attire and it gets even better. As a result, even though she says she is not an exhibitionist, her body responds well to late night sex in the hot tub or play room with others around and watching. For us, Hedo has become the annual "intense relationship reattachment time" for our anniversary. And if it grows to include others, then nice addition. If not, then it is still all good.
    Mitch & Melisa

I agree with much of what has been said. The most important thing for us is that no one 'takes one for the team'. Maybe stretch your boundaries, but don't break them. Remember that no matter what you are doing, you always have a way out - you can walk away at any time. If one of you feels uncomfortable for any reason, let the other know and respect each other. My wife and I have a safe word with each other. If one of us says it, we know it is time to remove ourselves from the situation.

Now... that said, we have had the best time ever at Hedo! No pressure ever. A great way to explore things is the Spa room late at night. You can play together without getting involved with others but be in that atmosphere. It may inspire you! Our first time was last November, we are heading back in a week and again in November!

Be open and honest set boundaries before hand and do not cross them. Make signals to get out of awkward situations. Just go and enjoy and play within your boundaries. Too often we see couples get into arguments because one will over step the comfort of the other one some times unintentionally the atmosphere and booze mixed with naked people can be a tempting combination to dive in. Go at your pace no one should push you. Otherwise enjoy and prepare for the best vacation of your lives.
    Past Trips:
    November: 2008, 2011, 2012
    October: 2016
    January: 2014, 2016, 2018, 2019, 2020

Upcoming Trip: January 19th - 31st 2021

Can't really offer you any better advice than the quality responses you already received but just wanted to say we'll see you there. Our dates are 10/6-10/15. Looking forward to meeting you !!!
    Joe & Jo (JoJo)

Oct 15 Room 2104 Wicked Wildcats
    Feb 16 Room 1130 Fluffernutters
    Oct 16 Room 1142 Wicked Wildcats
    Apr 17 Room 1229 Dirty Pervs
    Oct 17 Room 1215 International Delights
    Oct 18 Room 1151 International Delights
    Dec 18 Room 1106 WWW
    Feb 19 Room 1156 Fluffernutters
    Oct 19 Room 1204 International Delights

Next trip Oct 2020 with International Delights

One thing I've definitely found is this - it's really difficult to conceive every situation you might possibly be presented with at Hedo. I thought that Nat and I had covered just about every possible scenario so that we would have a definitive list of "go / no go" rules. Even on our second trip, we didn't come close to covering everything ahead of time. As many others have said, communication is key - both beforehand, and in the moment. Hope that helps, and most importantly, have fun!

-R
    N&R

Counting Down to Trips 6, 7, and 8:
    Playful Pussycats - April 22 - 29, 2018
    Young Swingers Week - July 21 - 26, 2018
    Playful Pussycats - October 19 - 28, 2018
    (yes, we're addicted)

We aren't in the Lifestyle and have been to Hedo 6 times. We go for the nude beach, relaxation and fun with people who are just some of the friendliest we've ever met.

Decide ahead of time what your boundaries are, commit to NOT violating them without a 24-hour waiting period during which you talk about it thoroughly to avoid making decisions in the heat of the moment that you regret later.

You will find the people and staff at Hedo to be very welcoming and fun to be around, even it you're not in the Lifestyle.

Hedo is what YOU make it to be.

Expect that whatever you expect won't be as you expected but in many ways will be better than you expected ;-)

Relax, go with the flow, learn more about the place, then adjust your expectations for your second trip (and trust us, there most likely will be a second trip).
    Mitch & Melisa

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast