Thread: 1st Timer: Looking for firsthand Hedonism feedback II-undecided on best time to visit

1st Timer: Looking for firsthand Hedonism feedback II-undecided on best time to visit

Good day, good people...hoping some Hedonism patrons could share their experiences and advise me on the best time to book my trip! No, I've never engaged the lifestyle, however, Hedonism II seems very appealing!

Registered User Allan_Elizabeth's Avatar
    Lots of trip reports here, the best time to book is when you can go!

Next trip Dec 15 - 21 2019

Registered User The Travel Slut's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Hi there...I think you will find that the stock answer is "Go anytime, anyway, anyhow" or something to that effect as there is no bad or wrong time to go to Hedo.

Many will also suggest that you decide on a group to join (for savings and other perks) or decide what time you wish to avoid because of the groups there at the time.

Personally, I prefer June as do the Krewe de Krazy Life for many reasons and obviously your timing will be influenced by your preference to time of year, availability for time off, etc. plus, whatever group present the week you decide to attend.

Here's some basic info I have posted before.

Hi again….after having experienced Hedo 12 times now since 2005, you should be excited about any trip to Hedonism resort in Negril, Jamaica and enjoy the anticipation—especially if you are considering a trip to paradise this June.

.In previous years I did lots of research before I decided for my Krewe de Krazy Life group to go the 3rd/4th week of June and I’m glad I did.

Our group is able to go much easier than other times because:

1) school is out for almost everyone and kids can be transferred to relatives for the week

2) It is before the true rainy/hurricane season which is at its peak mid-July to mid-October so that our week benefits from the sun, summer soltice and an occasional rain shower (in my 12 days this past June there were a total of about 4-5 hours of rain showers total)

3) The waters of the pools and Caribbean are the warmest

4) Mid-June marks the low season for both resort rates and even many airline rate so savings are a nice bonus

5) The resort during our week has sold out/nearly sold out the past two June’s and the energy levels by staff and guests are pretty high.

And yes, consider a group even if for nothing more than the cost-savings for room rates and flights, plus being with a group sometimes (at least with my Krewe de Krazy Life) there are:

perks like gift bags with essential/helpful items,

a private meet & greet party upon arrival to get to know other group members,

camraderie and always someone that can offer help or socialize with,

and even special group benefits–

At least with my Krewe, we have zero mandatory requirements or obligations 24/7 because a person’s time at Hedo is their own personal time for them to do as they want, when they want–or not want–to.

Anyway, there is no shortage of great people and groups at Hedo and if you are seeking more info, the links below in my signature line have some Hedo-related videos, photos, trip reports, tips, etc.

Ann The TravelSlut
    TheTravelSlut@yahoo.com

http://www.hedonism.com/events-enter...azy-life-2017/

11th Annual Krewe de Krazy Life Group Trip open to all- JUNE 17-24, 2017

http://www.flickr.com/groups/hedonismresortgrouptrip/ 3,700 pics

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CudzQNMZW8U 30+ Hedo videos

http://twitter.com/TheTravelSlut many Hedo Updates/photos

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Krewed...ifers4Hedonism 2,600 pics and lots of forum posts

I hope that gives you some food for thought.....

Quote Originally Posted by MarcusAurelius View Post
    Good day, good people...hoping some Hedonism patrons could share their experiences and advise me on the best time to book my trip! No, I've never engaged the lifestyle, however, Hedonism II seems very appealing!
    Everyone will give you their take on the best time to go and why, especially those of us who host groups. However, think about when the best time is for you and hurricane season. When we went for the first time, the first thing we took into account was hurricane season and went from there. There are lots of groups that offer all kinds of fun, or not. You don't have to be in the lifestyle to go, but some groups cater to that more than others, and January is considered "lifestyle month", although you don't have to be in the lifestyle to go that month either. The best thing about Hedo is the people, both the staff and the clients! Everyone there is nice, welcoming and respectful. You would have little problems from anything there. Nothing more than a fun, relaxing, free-feeling vacation.

Good luck and happy planning!
    **EX** Hosts of the Nood Brood (we are out of the hosting game now)

www.noodbrood.com

We still highly recommend Nood Brood though, lots of wonderful friends!

Thank you TS and JayandSteph...you've been very informative and helpful!