Thread: Lovin' Life Febuary 24 - March 4, 2017

Talking Lovin' Life Febuary 24 - March 4, 2017

1st Lovin’ Life Group Trip
    February 24 – March 4, 2017

After 21 trips and always helping newbies and other peeps while at H2, I decided to start a fun lovin’ singles-friendly and mixed variety group called “Lovin’ Life”. Not being a travel agent, I chose Castaways Travel to be the agency behind this group because they have always been on top of things both in sending invoices and addressing resort issues as soon as was possible (example, they gave a list of approved options available for last summer’s A/C problem before we even got there) and include transfers and small goodies in the base rate. Being a volunteer lead for a group means I am not paid for the time spent before the trip or at the resort. If enough rooms are booked, the room is free, but if done well, the time spent is more than what is given. Not complaining at all – just want to clarify in case anyone wants to start a group and doesn’t know the caveats. For me it is well worth it because I enjoy having newbies fall in love with the place, repeat offenders come back home and helping peeps have fun whether in this group or not. 

My trip started as it normally does, landing in MBJ…except I got to wear flip flops to the airport because our normal winter was nowhere to be felt (74 degrees that day). After landing, I got to the shuttle desk just in time to hop onto a shuttle that was leaving immediately and lo and behold I had the same driver as my last trip – Dr. Delicious (or Alfonso as others may know him). He is full of jokes and this time ended up driving me both to and from the resort. 

Check-in was fast both for me and for all of my group peeps. And, after 6 months of emailing and using FB to connect them, I finally got to meet them AND all of the awesome people who were there that week. I can honestly say that even if I didn’t have a group, this week was one that would have me coming back to it. There was a good mix of all varieties (no one style, drama or cliques) and everyone just wanted to have fun. Love H2 peeps!

We had our 1st meet and greet at the Flame restaurant at the long table, where goody bags and special fun items from other peeps were handed out. Food was excellent and the 3D kitty panties made an appearance that had even the most talkative person speechless. Next time we’ll have to find a new larger yet fun location.

Monday we had a group trip (including non-group members) to the Pelican Bar. For those interested, it is definitely less $ to go with a bigger group vs as a single or a couple. I had Ashton Pitt (https://www.facebook.com/ashton.e.pittcc or acetourjamaica@gmail.com) drive us for the day. He is a local very down to earth/real guy who was great to work with the whole time. It is 90 minutes from Negril, but I think everyone who went would say it is worth going once. We went out to the bar via water taxis and then had fresh caught lobster, fish and shrimp dinner ($25) when we got back. With pit stops and overall time there, it did take the day (~10:45am - 6:30pm), but was a great one and if anyone likes taking pictures – the aquamarine water is absolutely gorgeous. I could sit there all day, but we had to get back for evening entertainment and fun. That night they had dinner, concert and party on the beach before we headed to the piano bar and pool/hot tub.

Tuesday, we went on the One Love Pub Crawl with Lenbert driving us to 6+ locations in Negril. Once again the views from some of these were amazing both those on the cliffs and the caves underneath them. While I don’t partake, one bar had a weed menu with everything from oils to candy to cake (jello shots weren’t listed, but were also present). This trip starts at 3pm and goes until about 6:30pm.

Tuesday was also the night of the glow pool party, where a devilish side came out and the night we found a virgin to corrupt. Hehe! The other single ladies had quite the time with him and like the old Mikey commercials, I think he liked it.

Wednesday – Friday had no set activities and all week we partied with all the other fun peeps in the pool and afterwards, most times until 3-4 am each night. Still love the Fetish show at dinner and the disco being by the prude bar actually was nice (fresh air). Will say, that everyone was just worn out in the end and we all crashed for the few hours left before shuttles back to the airport started to leave. Have to leave to come back and/or recover!

Stephanie is at H2 Monday, Wednesday and Fridays. I always like it when she is in house and her performance out in the courtyard on Friday night is full of upbeat fun and dancing.

Fun Times:

~ Being told I smell good, when all I had on was sunscreen and just eaten fries (new cologne fragrance idea?
    Eau de French Fries & Sunscreen? )

~ How a $9 pair of kitty panties turned into a guessing game about if they were even being worn, painted on or even tattooed. “How long did it take?....” I think our laughter was probably heard across the resort and I know I was bent over breathless from it. So worth the money and then some! LOL!

~ Being nudged to look at a shadow that a lady was making by just rocking on the side of the pool that looked like her ‘shadow lady self’ was doing something something to a guy sitting near her in the water.

~ How everything that is innocent sounds bad there, like a single gal saying, “It’s my vacay. I’ll eat anything I
    want.”

~ Driver saying, “There is nothing wrong with driving on the wrong side of the road, as long as everyone does it.
    Otherwise there are expensive metal crunches.”

~ Having a new set of friends introduce us to the deadly “C-shot”, fireball and rum cream.

~ Being told that a-less chaps taste like plastic. Who knew?? Hehe!

~ Going to the outside disco to dance after being in the hot tub and trying to keep a towel in place…not sure why!

~ Introducing flaming Bob Marley shots to a few new peeps – so much betta when drank through a straw than as a shot.

~ Making sure every guy who booked got a little piece of something (squeeze those buns, mon), multi-purpose group goodies rule!

~ Being told I danced like a Jamaican – not quite, ‘butt’ after 22 trips I’ve watched and learned a likkle.

~ Meeting and hanging out with amazing peeps from all walks of life and styles. Cheers to Lovin’ Life peeps –
    what a week! (Don’t think I won’t remember next year’s pseudo-names…you’re on my list!)

Other Notes:

~ Jamaican Lemonade is a good drink base: Lime juice, syrup and water/club soda+liquor of choice.

~ New A/C units thermostat is in Celsius and the temperature seems to vary (not sure if it was when the unit was used by both top/bottom rooms or what), but was at least cooler than previous ones.

~ Pastafari no longer rotates the menu – all options are offered every day. They seemed short staffed this week for the high volume of guests.

~ I was told that much of the items sold at the airport were from India and that Jamaica only gets a percentage of the profits and noticed this in person on my return.

Lovin' Life returns February 24 - March 3, 2018
    Join us!

2018 Logo+Dates.JPG

Group ?s: LovinLifeH2@verizon.net or our facebook info page:
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/LovinLifeinJamaica/

RSVP ?s: Info@castawaystravel.com or 800-470-2020 9-5 CST

Sand Buns in the Sun.jpg
    48 PB Flag Sun.jpg
    Last edited by Kyttles; 03-07-2017 at 08:12 PM.

Other pics from the week: https://goo.gl/photos/wATgiAKxLJ5JPaFk9
    Last edited by Kyttles; 03-07-2017 at 08:00 PM.
    Learn something new and play everyday!

Lovin' Life at H2!
    Join Us February 23-March 2, 2019!

Lovin' Life Info
    (Castaways Travel Agency Group)

Can't help but support anyone willing to give their time for something like this. Thank you for adding a little something to people lives and creating a group. I'm happy it worked out for you.
    Hedo II - WWV/Hedo Amigos - March 14-21, 2020
    Hedo II - March 9-16, 2019
    Hedo II - WWV/Playful Pussycats - April 2017
    Hedo II - WWV/Hedo Amigos - March 2016

Great trip report thanks for sharing. Glad your first group trip was successful. Wishing you many more returns also what was the name of the bar that had the weed menu ? Thanks.
    Past Trips:
    November: 2008, 2011, 2012
    October: 2016
    January: 2014, 2016, 2018, 2019, 2020

Upcoming Trip: January 19th - 31st 2021

Wow, great trip report...sounds like it was a total blast!
    Really enjoyed the photos
    s
    St. Martin, FWI, 1991-2011
    Hedonism II -January 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016 (x2), 2017
    Cayo Largo, Cuba, December 1-7, 2014
    Hedonism II - April 10-17, 2016 K&A Spring Fling
    Hedonism II - April 16-23, 2017 K&A Spring Fling
    Hedonism II - April 8-15, 2018 K&A Spring Fling
    Hedo 2 April 14-21, 2019 K&A Spring Fling
    H2 April 8-17, 2022 K&A Spring Fling

"If you want something you've never had, you must be willing to do something you've never done" - Thomas Jefferson

Thank you so much. It was a learning experience, but a good one.

Lovin' Life at H2!

Lovin' Life Info

Thanks! I write one each time, hopefully with some good info and funnies.

Lovin' Life at H2!

Lovin' Life Info

Thanks for the great report and pictures.

Thanks for the trip report! We love hearing about others experiences!

As for being a group leader.....thanks, you people help make other peoples vacation great!. We had the opportunity to help out a Travel Agent at the Naughty in Nawlins convention (for those that do not know...swinger party in the French Quarter for a weekend....fun fun fun). The only job we had was to sit at their table for a few hours a day....but then after you are done, people recognize you and want to talk about trips, plus you have to make sure you show up at time for the table...we were usually early. We did have a pissed off guy, people that were supposed to replace us never showed up and we had to schedule our vacation around working....we only get one adult vacation a year (ok sometimes we take two...lol) but when we go...we want to be on vacation, not working. Hats off to those that help us make our trips great!

And yes, we did get some money off on our next trip to Hedo for the work we did in NOLA. The plus is we met a lot of people, the bad...work on vacation sucks. The people that do it year after year are amazing.

Once again, thanks for the trip report and organizing a group!

Happy peeps and a group full of really fun and good people peeps make it worth it.

For the question about the weed bar - I don't remember the name at all, but did take a pic of the menu. Some peeps tried the jello shots and I asked them what they tasted like....the said 'weed'.

PC 92 Bar Weed Menu.jpg

Lisa

Lovin' Life at H2!

Lovin' Life Info