Thread: Sight seeing off Hedo 2 resort

Sight seeing off Hedo 2 resort

Hey everyone! What's your top recommendation off the resort that we should see/visit while there in April? Best "You've got to see this while visiting Jamaica"'...activity or sight?? Thanks guys and gals! You've been so helpful with all your opinions and suggestions. Hopefully I'll meet some of you in April!!

I've done the dunns river falls, zip lining, parasailing and the bar crawl. There is a lot to do, but more importantly, what day you decide to do it. If you plan it the day after your favorite theme night, chances are, you'll cancel. If you schedule it the day of your favorite theme night, you'll probably be too tired to really enjoy it. I would suggest scheduling it the day before or 2 days after your favorite theme night. You can't really go wrong with most of the trips you'll enjoy, especially horseback riding. *still on my list of things to do.

Try the YS Falls and Appleton Rum Tour - they are fairly close to Hedo and can be done in 1 day..

It is sooooo hard to leave Hedo for an excursion. We suffer from major FOMO. We keep saying we'll do it and the closest we got was a Fluff's Pirate Cruise which was a blast! One of these days...
    Hedo II 4 Trips
    Cap D'ade 2 Trips + Summer ‘21?
    Desire RM 1 trip

There are excursions that can be booked in the lobby catamaran cruise is popular Tuesdays to the Caves Thursdays to Ricks Cafe. Ricks can also be gotten to by taxi some thing to do at least once. While there are many things to do in Jamaica Hedo is so hard to leave consider booking at another hotel for a week or so in a place where you are close to the things you many want to do. Hedo 3 was much better for trips like May it RIP. I do not recommend getting a rental car you are better off better off with a shuttle or taxi.

Sand gravity is real! Why I like the cruise, you can pay that morning!

One of our best off resort excursions has been the One Love Bus pub crawl. It leaves in the early afternoon and you get to see about 6 different pubs/bars in the Negril area and a lot of the city as you go from place to place. The resort should be able to get you in touch with the company that runs it, but even better, often groups will setup a trip of just Hedo guests. So if you're booked with a group, you might want to check with them. If not, check with the groups going the same time you are and see if you could tag along.
    Hedo Trip #3 - June 22-28 with Hedo Rockers!
    Couples Sans Souci: 08/10, 08/11
    Desire Los Cabos: 08/12
    Desire Riviera Maya: 08/13
    Hedo: 06/14, 06/15, 06/16

We do an excursion or two every time we go. Sometimes it is just to travel to neighboring towns. Please go off the resort and patronize some of the local businesses you will be very impressed with the food, hospitality and the wonderful people of Jamaica. I really don't feel like I've ever missed out by going off the resort.

I agree with NWWACouple, Lenberts One Love Pub Crawl is great fun. BCT will have 2 organised W/C 16th April, probably the Monday and Friday - yet to have confirmed days - and we will be going on those. I may see if some of Biffs Bunch want to fit one in the following week. The bus ride is 'free' with Lenbert asking for tips at the end, you choose how much you feel you should give him: some give $10 per head, some more. The beer prices will vary from $3 to $6, so add that to your projected budget for the (generally) 6 stops. You will get some great photo opportunities including, weather permitting, a fabulous sunset at a cheaper and better location than Ricks.

It may be cheaper to book other excursions direct with someone who runs them. Last year we did a day trip, taking in the YS Falls, a boat ride up The Black River and a boat out to the Pelican Bar. We had a group of 8 people on the trip and it was a great day. We pre-booked it via Rocky's website, as they are the firm we use for our taxi transfers to the resort. There is a list of possible trips on their website: https://www.rockystaxiandtourservice.com/

Whatever you choose to do, stay exclusively on the resort, or take a trip, we hope you have a great time :-) Our 'logic' means we go off resort when on a 2 week trip to Hedo; when we only stay a week, we tend to only leave on the pub crawl.
    Keep on having fun

Thanks everyone! We get in on sun 16th and leave fri morning the 21st.. so not a full week. We'd like to get off the resort a bit, but not for full days-don't want to miss out on any Hedo action!! It's our first time and want to absorb as much as possible but relax and totally soak up the sun!