Thread: Virgin trip Feb 25 - March 4

Thumbs up Virgin trip Feb 25 - March 4

The good, the bad and the ugly.

We had an amazing vacation! This was my first experience at a nude beach, so I wasn't entirely sure what to expect. I am not a shy person so getting naked wasn't a big deal, in fact it was liberating in a way I didn't expect and now I am not sure I can vacation with clothes on LOL!

So the good.....
    Food quality was excellent in my opinion. We ate at all three restaurants. Our favorite was Harrysan hands down. The tempura was my favorite and both times we went we had Stacia as our server and Jermaine as our chef. Both were excellent and Jermaine was the chef at the sushi station for the big buffet Friday night. Pastafari was also great, I had the lamb chops and they were cooked rare just how I like. Our least favorite was the steak house, Flame I think, in the nude beach grill. Our cuts of steak were chewy. The buffet was great, the omelette guy remembered my selection after the first morning. Every lunch we ate, except one, was at the nude pool grill. I am addicted to the Jamaican patties! The ladies at the nude bar were great and remembered what drink I liked. They were fun to joke with and I was impressed with how they kept up with the crazy amount of drinks ordered! I loved the fact that there is premium alcohol at all of the bars. The entertainment staff was so much fun and the nightly shows were top notch, especially on fetish night. Those guys are girls are not only gorgeous to look at, but super fun to interact with and they certainly kept us laughing at the nude pool.

The bad....
    We had an ocean view room on the prude side and were not made aware at the time of booking that we did not have a balcony. We were upset at first, but at the end of the week we decided we didn't miss it. Calling our room an ocean view was a bit of a stretch. We had a view of a huge tree, a bit of beach and only a sliver of ocean. We did see a couple get married on the beach one morning and that was super cool. The disco is being upgraded so there was construction noise at times and it wasn't clear on some nights where the nighttime dancing would be.

The ugly.....
    Our room was a huge disappointment. It wasn't renovated which we were not aware of when we booked. The TV had issues, the drawers were difficult to use and we had fuzzy black mold growing on the inside of our window which is not good.

On to the experience of Hedo.....
    All I can say is wow! While I thought I had a good grasp on what Hedo is, I truly had no idea. I love the whole vibe of the resort and the thing I loved most was that everyone owned what they had. Every type of body, all ages, it didn't matter, they all had their beauty.

I have more to add, but have to go make dinner. More later

Registered User The Travel Slut's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Wow, nice trip report. Thank you for taking the time to write it up and share it.

Hedo is an amazing place... plenty of flaws, but still the best vacation of your life. We've been to many resorts which seemed perfect and we had nothing to complain about, but will never want to return. We will return to the flawed perfection of Hedo again and again.

Can't wait to read the rest of your report.
    Hedo II - WWV/Hedo Amigos - March 14-21, 2020
    Hedo II - March 9-16, 2019
    Hedo II - WWV/Playful Pussycats - April 2017
    Hedo II - WWV/Hedo Amigos - March 2016

Thanks for the report...looking forward to the next installment!
    s
    St. Martin, FWI, 1991-2011
    Hedonism II -January 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016 (x2), 2017
    Cayo Largo, Cuba, December 1-7, 2014
    Hedonism II - April 10-17, 2016 K&A Spring Fling
    Hedonism II - April 16-23, 2017 K&A Spring Fling
    Hedonism II - April 8-15, 2018 K&A Spring Fling
    Hedo 2 April 14-21, 2019 K&A Spring Fling
    H2 April 8-17, 2022 K&A Spring Fling

"If you want something you've never had, you must be willing to do something you've never done" - Thomas Jefferson

Great report!! We leave in 41 days.. getting same room as you. At least I'm getting a heads up in case there are issues.. going with the flow either way-but good to know. Super psyched to head out in April!!!

the omelette guy was Austin, right? If so for whatever reason we just love our morning interaction with him. so much so we are bringing him a gift this year. hope that in the end you caught the bug and are gonna book again next year
    Hedonism, the Virgin Trip: March 21-28, 2015
    Hedonism, the Sequel: 3/16-3/26, 2016. Ten days this time around because more is always better.
    Hedonism, Part 3: 3/24-4/1 2017 Swing into Spring group
    Hedonism 2018: Taking the year off to pay some damn bills. DIF is horrible!:
    Hedonism IV: 3/22-3/30 2019 Twister's Swing Break. Let's do this! Can't wait to get back!
    Hedonism V: 3/24/23-4/1/23. Finally back home again!

SLS: HedoCpl62

Oh we have it bad . Return trip for my birthday in September!