Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Disco Up and Running?

People have been complaining about the terrible quality of the music and unreasonable volume levels for years. Why haven't they been able to get rid of these DJ's and replace them with someone reasonable?

One thing we liked about the old disco was the stripper pole. I have excellent memories of my wife and a newfound girlfriend dancing on it while I took a somewhat lower profile under. I'm smiling just thinking about it. And the following 3 hours. Ok, gotta stop. My face is starting to hurt.
    Hedo II 4 Trips
    Cap D'ade 2 Trips + Summer ‘21?
    Desire RM 1 trip

I just left this past Sunday a major pipe broke in the Disco on Thursday and water was flooding out for 2 days. Not sure what damage was done. But I highly doubt it will be open in Mid March.
    Sept 23rd thru the 28th 2014

Quote Originally Posted by funfortwo View Post
    The foam party is being held on the old skating rink right outside the disco. It works very well there. And I hope that they never put it back in the disco. That's what contributed to everything molding, stinking, and rotting out in there. I didn't ask, but I think they will keep it outside. It's a lot of fun there, they set a bar up right beside it, and there is close access to the plunge pools for rinsing off right after getting out of the foam.
    We totally agree. We loved dancing in the foam out doors. Inside it felt way to muggy. Speaking of which hope the new disco/club will have open concept it would be nice to be able to have a breeze in there. Look forward to seeing it when it's completed.
    Past Trips:
    November: 2008, 2011, 2012
    October: 2016
    January: 2014, 2016, 2018, 2019, 2020

Upcoming Trip: January 19th - 31st 2021

For years we'd go into the disco around 3:00 am and I thought it was often freezing in there with bad music blaring and the place deserted. I agree it would be better if they closed earlier and maintained a more welcoming atmosphere. Also, was the skating rink ever actually a skating rink?

I always loved the Jamaican patois rap music they play endlessly at 130 decibels! For years I thought it was a Fred Flintstone parody but one of the DJ's told me, no it was a serious attempt at rapping. "Aaaaaah-yabbba-dubbba-do,"Aaaaaah-yabbba-dubbba-do, "Aaaaaah-yabbba-dubbba-do, you know me love the Aaaaaah-yabbba-dubbba-do, "Aaaaaah-yabbba-dubbba-do.

Quote Originally Posted by Daveman34286 View Post
    I just left this past Sunday a major pipe broke in the Disco on Thursday and water was flooding out for 2 days. Not sure what damage was done. But I highly doubt it will be open in Mid March.
    I really hope the club is open for business this month! Although I doubt that is the first pipe to spill in there, I pray it doesn't delay the grand opening!

We like the set up of a separate bar area, as we don't dance.
    But the music was usually so loud you could not even talk to people in there.
    Hoping with upgrades they upgrade the style/DJ as well, as we hear alot of complaints, about music choices, volume, etc.
    Cop..
    Co-Hosts of kitten + angel's 15th Annual Spring Fling April 9th - 16th, 2022 (We will be onsite 4/7/22 - 4/18/22) http://www.kittennangel.com/

Do people all wear clothes in the disco or do they get naked as the night goes on?

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtrider View Post
    Do people all wear clothes in the disco or do they get naked as the night goes on?
    Yes.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12