Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Disco Up and Running?

Disco Up and Running?

Stories going around that the disco is under renovations. . . still. Does anyone know if this is true? Two weeks and counting. . . .

Last I heard it was still under renovation. That's according to the group I belong to on FB. That question was just brought back up this past week.

Registered User Allan_Elizabeth's Avatar
    We just returned home Sunday. They are moving fast on the disco and expect it should be done within the next 2 weeks.

Next trip Dec 15 - 21 2019

Should be ready by mid March.
    Joe & Ellen
    Desire Pearl - April 18-26, 2023
    Hedonism II - July 18-26, 2023
    Desire Pearl - September 5-13. 2023
    Nile Lifestyle Cruise - January 26 - February 8, 2024

AFF & Kasidie- Empty_Nesters
    SLS - CT_empty_nesters
    SDC - emptynesters1
    http://www.sdc.com?ref=9857

Can anyone give some details on what is being done? Is it a complete overhaul/remodel? Are they doing anything with the bar area of the disco?

We sure would like to see the disco used more. Maybe if they're making it a lot nicer, it will attract the crowds... even if it doesn't really get going until after the Piano Bar stuff is wrapping up.
    Desire Pearl hot tub, beds & swim-up bar:

Incredible paradises we've had the pleasure of experiencing:
    Couples Negril - Couples Sans Souci - Grand Lido Braco (RIP) - Hedonism III (RIP)
    Desire Riviera Maya - Hidden Beach Resort - Desire Pearl - Hedonism II

It is taken down to the bare concrete on the whole inside and they are starting back from there
    LUSH - Ladies Untamed Sexy Hedonistic - April 16-23, 2022

Click here to book your April trip!!!

Once completed are they moving the foam party back to the disco? We loved it last year there (except for the damn itching from drying out from the foam).
    Hedonism, the Virgin Trip: March 21-28, 2015
    Hedonism, the Sequel: 3/16-3/26, 2016. Ten days this time around because more is always better.
    Hedonism, Part 3: 3/24-4/1 2017 Swing into Spring group
    Hedonism 2018: Taking the year off to pay some damn bills. DIF is horrible!:
    Hedonism IV: 3/22-3/30 2019 Twister's Swing Break. Let's do this! Can't wait to get back!
    Hedonism V: 3/24/23-4/1/23. Finally back home again!

SLS: HedoCpl62

So where do they hold the party? Main pool? Isn't it really loud if it's outside?

They have a beach party but the pool with the pool table in it
    LUSH - Ladies Untamed Sexy Hedonistic - April 16-23, 2022

Click here to book your April trip!!!

The foam party is being held on the old skating rink right outside the disco. It works very well there. And I hope that they never put it back in the disco. That's what contributed to everything molding, stinking, and rotting out in there. I didn't ask, but I think they will keep it outside. It's a lot of fun there, they set a bar up right beside it, and there is close access to the plunge pools for rinsing off right after getting out of the foam.

Quote Originally Posted by funfortwo View Post
    The foam party is being held on the old skating rink right outside the disco. It works very well there. And I hope that they never put it back in the disco. That's what contributed to everything molding, stinking, and rotting out in there. I didn't ask, but I think they will keep it outside. It's a lot of fun there, they set a bar up right beside it, and there is close access to the plunge pools for rinsing off right after getting out of the foam.
    I liked the foam party in the disco, but completely understand why they should keep it outside...
    Travel with "KITTEN & ANGEL'S SPRING FLING -- wouldn't go with anyone else....

April 2009- Kitten & Angel. Sept 2009
    April 2010- Kitten & Angel. Sept 2010
    April 2011- Kitten & Angel. Sept 2011
    April 2012- Kitten & Angel. Sept 2012. Oct 2012
    April 2013- Kitten & Angel. Sept 2013
    April 2014- Kitten & Angel. Sept 2014, Oct 2014
    April 2015- Kitten & Angel. Sept 2015
    April 2016- Kitten & Angel. Sept 2016

Sept 2017, 2018, 2019

Lol....the disco was moldy and rotten long before the foam parties! But sure it didn't help!

Will be interesting to see a real dance club at hedo!

Quote Originally Posted by phillygirl22 View Post
    Lol....the disco was moldy and rotten long before the foam parties! But sure it didn't help!

Will be interesting to see a real dance club at hedo!
    Yeah! Someone who finally remembers the real story.

Long before the foam parties the disco was moldy, stunk, and was frankly gross. That was due to the resort reducing the load on the A/C system by shuting off the a/c in the disco while not in use. At least five years ago, the vents in the disco weren't blowing any cool air even when "on".

Even fixing the a/c and remodeling the disco won't fix the problem that killed the disco to begin with. I.E. music that's irrelevant to the guests, and DJ's that are incentivized to "run off" the crowd early so they can put the music on "auto-pilot" and close down due to nobody there.

There needs to be a mix of music that entices the guests to hang out there and at a volume level that doesn't run people out of there. I advocated years ago that they set a closing time of 2:30-3:00 AM, but require the DJ to stay till that closing time regardless of whether there's anyone there, or not. That way, maybe the DJ will be incentivized to keep a crowd there to prevent being bored, and thus play a good mix of music.

JMHO

WSSkier, you said exactly what we are thinking!

My husband is a hobby DJ who plays everything from 70's, 80's, 90's to whatever is on the charts today. We have repeatedly asked whether he could play for an hour or two (he does not want any money, just for fun. And we don't mind 2-3 am), but all we heard was "no, you can't, you are taking time away from our DJ's". We both love music and we love to dance, so we normally end up dancing in our room to our little Bluetooth speaker.
    Would someone please give us a chance to share dancing with other hedonists...

Love from the Chemist and the Flyer
    Last edited by rast67; 03-03-2017 at 02:24 AM.
    The Chemist and the Flyer

... adding the human touch.

Quote Originally Posted by rast67 View Post
    WSSkier, you said exactly what we are thinking!

My husband is a hobby DJ who plays everything from 70's, 80's, 90's to whatever is on the charts today. We have repeatedly asked whether he could play for an hour or two (he does not want any money, just for fun. And we don't mind 2-3 am), but all we heard was "no, you can't, you are taking time away from our DJ's". We both love music and we love to dance, so we normally end up dancing in our room to our little Bluetooth speaker.
    Would someone please give us a chance to share dancing with other hedonists...

Love from the Chemist and the Flyer
    You Nailed it!! We love to dance and the music is just plain bad. They need to take a lesson from Desire on this one. Modern disco with a good mix of classic rock and dance music. lets face it we are mostly 40+ so lets give us some music we grew up dancing to.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast