Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 19

Thread: Mature Newbie - Basic Questions

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    2

    Mature Newbie - Basic Questions

    Hi All!
    I'm an early 50's guy who is contemplating a trip to the Hedonism II in April. I'll be traveling solo and staying for a week or so. While perusing the various posts on the forum here, I haven't run across much information about single guys traveling solo but several couples reviews. The reviews about the resort, lifestyle, etc. all seem very appealing. If I travel solo, am I going to be disappointed? Like most guys, I want to go to a place where there are plenty of like minded ladies that might enjoy some time together. Any and all tips and advice are very welcomed!

    Thanks in advance.
    Ben

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Upper Midwest
    Posts
    6
    We have only been one time and recently so I'm no expert, but I have to say I don't think you'll find many like-minded ladies if you go there. 95%-95% of the people there couples, and I didn't meet any single women unless they were there for other women. To be perfectly honest, most single males are kind of invisible, and most couples don't really want to talk to single males. If you have a stellar personality and conversational wit, you might have a good social time, but anything beyond that would also take quite a bit of luck to boot. If you're perceived as aggressive, desperate or creepy, you'll be shunned.

    We're in our mid-to-late 40's, and as my wife put it: "if I was going to sleep with another man on vacation, I'd want it to be some hot young stud. Middle-aged guys just don't do it for me". Being one myself that kind of hurts my pride, but that's they way the world works I guess. There were a few guys who were in great shape for their age. That's worth something, but it's not a big deal either.

    I will say that personality counts for a lot, and if you get to know some people and there is a genuine connection, it's possible, but no one wants to be tied down with anyone while they're there also. We flitted all around the resort meeting new people. We did hang out with a couple single males from time to time, but that was because they were fun and non-threatening.

    We never made it to the hot tub at night, but it would appear that since the playroom is couples only, the hot tub now has a single male ratio that is a bit out of whack. From what we heard that kind of increased the creepy voyeur factor, something that makes many people uncomfortable getting sexy. Again, that was just what I heard, but probably true.

    So if you go there, do NOT go there for sex or you will be very disappointed. You have about as much chance of getting laid as if you went to a local singles bar, for real. That is to say that if you're like most men, not a great chance. If you're social and fun to hang out with and you can easily engage others in conversation over and over, you might have a good time. If you can engage the male and the female and there's genuine connection, it could happen, but shit that's hard enough with two people let alone three!

  3. #3
    Registered User Ontario's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Near Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    868
    I have to disagree with ATFDDog's comment in his first paragraph... We have been to Hedo 16 or so times, we have mingled with many singles. Both male and females... There is a difference.. Yes some males do go unnoticed and that because they sit in the corner and don't want to interact with people. If you go, make sure that you mingle with people, get to know a few... There is always couples looking for an extra single guy to have some fun with.. And NOT all single women go just for other single women...

    The best advice I can give you is don't go to Hedo and become a "VINNEY". The guy who lerks in the darkness of the hot tub and thinks he can touch whenever a couple come in...

    Be respectful ... Many single people go and have the time of their life... If Hedo is a place that interests you, book a room, get your flight, go and enjoy yourself...

    We normally go in April with a group called Kitten and Angels Spring Fling... And yes there are singles both male and females in the group... And speaking for myself.... I am very interested in singles when we go to Hedo...
    Travel with "KITTEN & ANGEL'S SPRING FLING -- wouldn't go with anyone else....

    April 2009- Kitten & Angel. Sept 2009
    April 2010- Kitten & Angel. Sept 2010
    April 2011- Kitten & Angel. Sept 2011
    April 2012- Kitten & Angel. Sept 2012. Oct 2012
    April 2013- Kitten & Angel. Sept 2013
    April 2014- Kitten & Angel. Sept 2014
    April 2015- Kitten & Angel. Sept 2015
    April 2016- Kitten & Angel. Sept 2016

  4. #4
    Registered User Naughty Nudists's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Bible Belt
    Posts
    1,548
    It all depends on the guy.I know at least two single guys who guy who I suspect have to keep an appointment book,no kidding!
    They both are presentable but definitely not Brad Pit or George Clooney.And they know how to mix and mingle in a totally non threatening way.

  5. #5
    Registered User Ontario's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Near Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    868
    Quote Originally Posted by Naughty Nudists View Post
    It all depends on the guy.I know at least two single guys who guy who I suspect have to keep an appointment book,no kidding!
    They both are presentable but definitely not Brad Pit or George Clooney.And they know how to mix and mingle in a totally non threatening way.

    That's because we travel with the same group....lol...
    Travel with "KITTEN & ANGEL'S SPRING FLING -- wouldn't go with anyone else....

    April 2009- Kitten & Angel. Sept 2009
    April 2010- Kitten & Angel. Sept 2010
    April 2011- Kitten & Angel. Sept 2011
    April 2012- Kitten & Angel. Sept 2012. Oct 2012
    April 2013- Kitten & Angel. Sept 2013
    April 2014- Kitten & Angel. Sept 2014
    April 2015- Kitten & Angel. Sept 2015
    April 2016- Kitten & Angel. Sept 2016

  6. #6
    Registered User Naughty Nudists's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Bible Belt
    Posts
    1,548
    Quote Originally Posted by Ontario View Post
    That's because we travel with the same group....lol...
    Hey!I thot that avatar looks mighty familiar!

  7. #7
    Registered User phillygirl22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    San Juan, Puerto Rico
    Posts
    2,170
    Quote Originally Posted by Ontario View Post
    I have to disagree with ATFDDog's comment in his first paragraph... We have been to Hedo 16 or so times, we have mingled with many singles. Both male and females... There is a difference.. Yes some males do go unnoticed and that because they sit in the corner and don't want to interact with people. If you go, make sure that you mingle with people, get to know a few... There is always couples looking for an extra single guy to have some fun with.. And NOT all single women go just for other single women...

    The best advice I can give you is don't go to Hedo and become a "VINNEY". The guy who lerks in the darkness of the hot tub and thinks he can touch whenever a couple come in...

    Be respectful ... Many single people go and have the time of their life... If Hedo is a place that interests you, book a room, get your flight, go and enjoy yourself...

    We normally go in April with a group called Kitten and Angels Spring Fling... And yes there are singles both male and females in the group... And speaking for myself.... I am very interested in singles when we go to Hedo...
    Well said! As one of those single women not interested in women or married men, I beg people to understand that AFTDDog's opinion is just that, and of one couple. Hedo is a social environment with a sexual energy. If you have a good personality, and the right attitude, I guarantee you will have an amazing time. No guarantee of sex! (Ha!) But I think you'll find things fall into place

    Please search single men. Sort through the random negativity and find lots of good advice.
    In my opinion, it boils down to this: go, have fun, be social, be respectful, make friends, and let the sexy stuff come naturally.

  8. #8
    Registered User Ontario's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Near Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    868
    Quote Originally Posted by phillygirl22 View Post
    Well said! As one of those single women not interested in women or married men, I beg people to understand that AFTDDog's opinion is just that, and of one couple. Hedo is a social environment with a sexual energy. If you have a good personality, and the right attitude, I guarantee you will have an amazing time. No guarantee of sex! (Ha!) But I think you'll find things fall into place

    Please search single men. Sort through the random negativity and find lots of good advice.
    In my opinion, it boils down to this: go, have fun, be social, be respectful, make friends, and let the sexy stuff come naturally.
    Phillygirl.....I'm glad you commented on this thread... Traveling as a single you can speak from experience... You going in April??
    Travel with "KITTEN & ANGEL'S SPRING FLING -- wouldn't go with anyone else....

    April 2009- Kitten & Angel. Sept 2009
    April 2010- Kitten & Angel. Sept 2010
    April 2011- Kitten & Angel. Sept 2011
    April 2012- Kitten & Angel. Sept 2012. Oct 2012
    April 2013- Kitten & Angel. Sept 2013
    April 2014- Kitten & Angel. Sept 2014
    April 2015- Kitten & Angel. Sept 2015
    April 2016- Kitten & Angel. Sept 2016

  9. #9
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    St. Paul
    Posts
    248
    Ok, our 2 cents...

    We are a 40s couple that are also sm friendly. On our trips 13 or 14...cannot remember... we have always run into singles, more men then women. Usually, when we meet a single women they have more than plenty offers for play, so we kind of back off...never say never, but not something we pursue (we have had the pleasure of sf at home). But, chatting, laughing, etc is always fun...and if she ever asks us...probably game on.

    Single guys, a lot more than the girls, but Hedo is mostly couples. From our experiences, most single girls hang out with couples, single guys that are aggressive (Vinnies) get a bad rap and are shunned (couples talk) and guys that are creepy (Wallies) are also shunned. If a sm goes and is friendly, not aggressive an looking for a fun filled vacation go. If a guy goes thinking that it is going to be a sexfest....he will be dissapointed. It may happen, but do not plan on going with sex on your mind. Also, if you need to self pleasure, great...but do it in your room or if in public make sure you are with a couple or sf.

    We have met some sm that were young, buff and as smart as an ox. We have met others that were older, funny, witty and much smarter than an ox. For us the latter wins.



    Single guys,

  10. #10
    Registered User phillygirl22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    San Juan, Puerto Rico
    Posts
    2,170
    Quote Originally Posted by Ontario View Post
    Phillygirl.....I'm glad you commented on this thread... Traveling as a single you can speak from experience... You going in April??
    Yes I can! And I've gone with a little of different "outlooks," if you will. The beautiful thing about Hedo, it's got a little of everything.

    Not this year. I'm still looking for a full time job so I can stay here in paradise ; )

  11. #11
    Registered User foxxyandhound's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Hedo II Negril Jamaica
    Posts
    1,425
    Blog Entries
    1
    we have been to Hedo many times and we have seen and are friends with a lot of single guys... young and older... we are in our 40's and 50's and we mingle with everyone... if your a single guy and don't mind talking to ppl there you will fit in just fine....
    Hedo II jan 2012 2013--2014---
    may-- oct 2014--
    jan. Apr. Oct 2015-- Jan, April, Oct 2016
    2017, April Sept, and Oct
    2018 Orlando June 2-9
    2018 Oct


    Up Cumming Trips April and Oct 2017

  12. #12
    Registered User Ontario's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Near Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    868
    Quote Originally Posted by phillygirl22 View Post
    Yes I can! And I've gone with a little of different "outlooks," if you will. The beautiful thing about Hedo, it's got a little of everything.

    Not this year. I'm still looking for a full time job so I can stay here in paradise ; )
    That's to bad that you're not going... Us either... With work we decided this year to take an extra long vacation on our way down to Florida.. Meeting up with Naughty Nudist in Georgia along the way... But next year is the big 10 year Anniversary for the Kitten and Angel Group....we are in for sure...wouldn't wanna miss that..lol... Keep in touch..
    Last edited by Ontario; 02-12-2017 at 09:07 AM.
    Travel with "KITTEN & ANGEL'S SPRING FLING -- wouldn't go with anyone else....

    April 2009- Kitten & Angel. Sept 2009
    April 2010- Kitten & Angel. Sept 2010
    April 2011- Kitten & Angel. Sept 2011
    April 2012- Kitten & Angel. Sept 2012. Oct 2012
    April 2013- Kitten & Angel. Sept 2013
    April 2014- Kitten & Angel. Sept 2014
    April 2015- Kitten & Angel. Sept 2015
    April 2016- Kitten & Angel. Sept 2016

  13. #13
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    2
    Great input and advice everybody! I have a much better idea of what to expect... what to do, and most importantly, what NOT to do!

  14. #14
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Sarasota,Fl
    Posts
    117
    You are awesome :-)
    Sept 23rd thru the 28th 2014

  15. #15
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Sarasota,Fl
    Posts
    117
    You are awesome :-) Ontario
    Sept 23rd thru the 28th 2014

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Newbie questions
    By Midwestwelder in forum Hedonism II
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 12-05-2015, 11:22 PM
  2. Newbie questions
    By Fun couple NW in forum Hedonism II
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 06-08-2015, 03:13 PM
  3. Newbie questions
    By mkdesire09 in forum Hedonism II
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 09-28-2011, 11:56 AM
  4. Basic newbie questions!
    By jack3md in forum Hedonism III
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 07-15-2008, 07:25 PM
  5. Newbie Questions
    By domrunt in forum Introduce Yourself
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-23-2008, 11:37 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •