Thread: 7 months later: July 1-5 2016 trip report.

7 months later: July 1-5 2016 trip report.

I know it's a bit late but since getting back from Hedo, I've been a very busy individual. Anyway here is my rundown on my first trip (solo):

I went to Jamaica for a friend's wedding. I had the option of staying at their villa with about 10 other people but I decided against it because it felt to crowded and I like a different experience than most of the other people. After looking extensively I decided to stay at Hedo because, I don't know when I'll have another chance to visit.

The staff was friendly from the start of my trip. From check-in to room service I have no complaints. I know a few people here had issues with the AC units but for me, it was not a major set back. Just used it as an excuse to spend more time in the water. When I first arrived I though maybe the room had just been cleaned and the AC turned on and that would explain why it was still kind of warm inside. My room was nice, clean and had a great view of the garden.

I met wonderful people, some from this site. I really like getting to meet people and am a bit shy but after a few drinks, things were more relaxed. I met people from all walks of life, people with rich backgrounds and it was amazing to see how outside of Hedo, I would never think these folks had a more open side to their personal lives. It just goes to show that you can't judge a book by the cover. Unfortunately there were one or two individuals which had caused problems for some people and were getting a bit out of hand but nothing to ruin my trip. It was a joy to see that the resort had areas where one could relax and a few yards away, you could party it up.

The food was good. The food at the buffet did seem to cater more towards American cuisine. I don't recall seeing much Jamaican or Caribbean options. I tried lobster for the first time and thankfully didn't have any allergic reaction to it. I did not get to try any of the restaurants at the resort since they seemed to be geared more towards couples. Drinks were not hard to come by at the resort. The servers were always friendly. Even after my friend's wedding, and having a wonderful hangover the next morning, didn't deter me from having a wonderful time.

I got to experience things I never thought I would. I learned some new things about myself and am looking forward to my next trip. Guests from the wedding found out where I was staying and a few actually showed interest in visiting. As of now, I am currently in a relationship and after telling her about Hedo, we've started looking at possibly visiting this summer. I hope we do manage to go, I can not wait to go back.

Edit: Hopefully, for my second trip, I'll get to see more of the prude side of the resort.
    Last edited by arcticwinters; 02-09-2017 at 01:32 PM.

Glad you had a good time.

Yes, Hedo is more geared for couples, but over our trips we have met many singles having a blast (mostly male). As you stated, you will meet people from all walks of life, nobody judges we are all there to have fun. We have made friends with people, who we probably would not have talked to at home....one of the reasons we love Hedo.

We also agree the food is geared more to the American diet, a few years back they closed the Jamaican resturant....not many people ate there. It is now the steak house on the beach....it is good but we miss the local food they served...ox tail stew was on of our favs. But times change, and Hedo is a business so we understand.

We actually hang out at the prude beach a lot....granted we are nude....we like to hang out at the bar there and chat with others. We usually head to the nude area in the afternoon.

You only live once...book your trip!

For whatever reason, I feel like it's "wrong" (wrong isn't the word I want to use) to bare it all on the prude side. I guess it has to do with some of the beaches I have been to where clothing is strictly enforced on the textile side. Looking at prices, my gf and I are thinking about staying on the prude side to save some money but... I enjoyed being closer to the nude beach and pool but it was further from the food .

Registered User The Travel Slut's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Thank you for your report (you arrived a few days after my Group (Krewe de Krazy Life departed) and happy to read that you enjoyed your time and have plans to return.

see... never too late to write a review!

It's funny how you started at Hedo because you thought you'd never get the chance again to go... then only months later, you're trying to plan another trip there. Hedo does funny things to you...
    Hedo II - WWV/Hedo Amigos - March 14-21, 2020
    Hedo II - March 9-16, 2019
    Hedo II - WWV/Playful Pussycats - April 2017
    Hedo II - WWV/Hedo Amigos - March 2016

Quote Originally Posted by ShyinOntario View Post
    see... never too late to write a review!

It's funny how you started at Hedo because you thought you'd never get the chance again to go... then only months later, you're trying to plan another trip there. Hedo does funny things to you...
    So very true! We went to Hedo for the 1st time in 2016, just came back from trip #2, and before we left were already talking about possibly going again this year! We now know what Hedo DIF feels like Lordie...not sure there is a cure up here in Canada, and I don't think we want one... LONG LIVE DIF!