Thread: What we learned on our first trip

What we learned on our first trip

Hi! This post is for couples who are still on the fence about going to Hedo or not.

We went in July 2016 (been that long already!). This was our first everything. We had never even been to a nude beach before. So this was a HUGE leap of faith for us. I (the man) would usually find a way to sunbathe naked on our trips, but only in secluded parts of lost beaches.... My wife had no interest in that whatsoever. Why did she accept? She is a bit of a voyeur...lol... and we like trying things as a couple. Last summer also marked some very important milestones for us, so we wanted something out of the ordinary.

We reserved a room on the prude side, of course, and I was warned right of the bat that there was a good chance we would stay on this side for the whole trip. My wife was still not ready for this and
    I knew better than to force her into doing something she didn't want. However, I knew she was curious...

Well, let me tell you the first thing we learned: Hedo does weird things to you!

On the first day we ended up on the nude beach (albeit away from people). On the second morning we were in the nude pool with everyone and that afternoon we were having sex in the pool in front of everyone! Wow! That escalated quickly! This is a good thing since the next day we were transferred to a nude side room (that ac...).

Second thing we learned: no one will judge you at Hedo. This is what led us to being so comfortable so fast.
    Third lesson: booze is your friend for making that last step....

Since, we were so comfortable, we started discussing soft swinging. We knew we didn't want to fully swap so we discussed, set the rules and went for it. We met some nice couples but only one with which we had real affinities. After a few days of flirting with them, discussing the lifestyle (they were experienced) we decided to go to the playroom with them to fool around and do some soft things. Although this was not as great as we wished, it was nice to try.

Fourth lesson: people are nice, don't be shy, go talk.

Lesson five : seeing your partner kiss and touch someone else is not all that easy. In fact, it is weird af. But I think the weirdest part is kissing and touching someone else yourself. We have been together for over 20 years.... Be warned, it is great in retrospect, but when it's happening be ready for mixed feelings.

After that we didn't try swinging again for the rest of the trip. But we have zero regrets! We will probably do this again and will only be better prepared mentally.

Lesson six: just do it. Just go, get naked and respect your boundaries. If you're like us, these boundaries will change, but only for the better. No one will force you to step over these boundaries. Do what you want to do, but do it!

This is pretty much it. This virgin trip was a fantastic experience (this is a keyword) and we are looking forward to going back asap.

If you have any questions, feel free to pm.

Cheers!

Nice summary. Our first nude experience was two years ago at Grand Lido on the c/o side. We had many of the same feelings as you expressed. Although my wife had reservations about being naked, she beat me doing it!!! We never looked back. We're making our maiden trip to Hedo in April. Had we not gone to Lido, we wouldn't be doing this trip. There was no swinging (at least in public) at Lido and the conversations were minimal. We will be doing what you did, have set our boundaries and will work our way into it at Hedo. In the past we did some private swinging with friends, but never with strangers or in public. We anticipate progressing slowly, adjusting as needed, and most of all, having a good time!!!!
    Won't be long and we will be there!

Great report and an excellent read for new couples.
    Thanx for posting.
    Cop..
    Co-Hosts of kitten + angel's 15th Annual Spring Fling April 9th - 16th, 2022 (We will be onsite 4/7/22 - 4/18/22) http://www.kittennangel.com/

Great report...thanks for sharing...some great tips for those thinking of going, and perhaps thinking of swinging ....
    Travel with "KITTEN & ANGEL'S SPRING FLING -- wouldn't go with anyone else....

April 2009- Kitten & Angel. Sept 2009
    April 2010- Kitten & Angel. Sept 2010
    April 2011- Kitten & Angel. Sept 2011
    April 2012- Kitten & Angel. Sept 2012. Oct 2012
    April 2013- Kitten & Angel. Sept 2013
    April 2014- Kitten & Angel. Sept 2014, Oct 2014
    April 2015- Kitten & Angel. Sept 2015
    April 2016- Kitten & Angel. Sept 2016

Sept 2017, 2018, 2019

Great report and boy did you nail it on that first swap experience....In retrospect it was hot, but as that first first event unfolded a lot of mixed emotions.

Very good report! Very accurate!

This report should be read by any and all newbies, or as the post says people on the fence. Thank you for this great report, we all have been in your shoes (so to speak) the first time we went.
    March 22-30 2013 Was our first trip of many to come. We had a blast with everyone, and I can see each trip getting better, and better.

March 28th 2014 plans to be an even better trip then 2013!!

March 27th 2015 hope to meet many old friends and make even more new friends

March 24th to April 2nd. Runaway Repeaters & Swing Into Spring

March 25th to April 3rd 2017. Going with the great people in SWING INTO SPRING aganin!

"Disclaimer - that is not us in the avatar picture"