Thread: Diving medical certificate

Diving medical certificate

For those who have done scuba diving at Hedonism, did you need to have your doctor fill out a medical certificate prior to arriving at Hedo (or even had to fill one out when there)?

On Hedonism's web site, I saw the following:
    http://www.hedonism.com/what-is-hedo...m-resort-faqs/
    Is Scuba Diving available?
    We will happily provide all necessary Scuba gear, but you’re free to bring your own equipment. If you are qualified, bring an international “C” card or a certificate from an internationally recognized dive school. After passing, you will need to have a current Diving Medical Certificate or obtain one from a local physician. We can arrange this for a small charge.

I'd hate to get there unprepared and then waste time finding a local doctor to sign the certificate.
    1992 - First time at Hedonism II as a single guy
    2017 - Returning to Hedonism II as a married guy with kitten + angel's Annual Spring Fling April 15th - 22nd

Registered User Allan_Elizabeth's Avatar
    You should contact Hedo directly just to be sure.

Next trip Dec 15 - 21 2019

I have never been asked for a medical certificate to dive. My first dive there was April 1999 and my most recent was Nov 2016. Getting DAN insurance isn't a bad idea. The dive team are happy to see that you have it.

Quote Originally Posted by TomnLaurie View Post
    I have never been asked for a medical certificate to dive. My first dive there was April 1999 and my most recent was Nov 2016. Getting DAN insurance isn't a bad idea. The dive team are happy to see that you have it.
    Good idea about DAN. I'll need to renew it...it expired last year.
    2017 - Returning to Hedonism II as a married guy with kitten + angel's Annual Spring Fling April 15th - 22nd

It looks like they have an error....they (used to?) Offer those discovery courses that take a few hours in the pool. That seems related to that.

You will have to fill out the PADI medical questionnaire/statement. You can read it here: https://www.padi.com/documents/padi-...ate%20v201.pdf All divers (certified or students) fill out the form. If any question can be answered YES, then you need a doctor's release to dive; if you answer NO to all the questions, no doctor's release is needed. There are more documents to read and sign at Hedo as well. So do have a look at the medical form, do not forget your c-card, and bring your log book for a nice looking stamp.

My last dive at Hedo was May 2016.

Quote Originally Posted by Passion4Diving View Post
    You will have to fill out the PADI medical questionnaire/statement. You can read it here: https://www.padi.com/documents/padi-...ate%20v201.pdf All divers (certified or students) fill out the form. If any question can be answered YES, then you need a doctor's release to dive; if you answer NO to all the questions, no doctor's release is needed. There are more documents to read and sign at Hedo as well. So do have a look at the medical form, do not forget your c-card, and bring your log book for a nice looking stamp.

My last dive at Hedo was May 2016.
    Thank you