Thread: Newbies who aren't in the lifestyle-what can we expect?

Newbies who aren't in the lifestyle-what can we expect?

Hi. My boyfriend and I are planning a trip this winter to Hedo for the first time. We aren't in the lifestyle and aren't interested in it. I'm bi and he's straight. We are really unsure what to expect and there appears to be a lot of posts about swinging. Will we find what we are into? We have discussed our boundaries and are comfortable with them. Any tips or pointers would be greatly appreciated.

Depending on the week you go, the amount of others in the lifestyle will vary. If you run into a lifestyle couple and they ask if you would like to play, just be honest...most of us will still talk and party with you...the ones that do not you do not want to hang with anyways.

She is bi, he is straight...very common at hedo, but keep in mind that most people that go are couples...if she plays he plays...sometime you can find a single gal, but do not count on in.

As for boundaries, sometimes they can change at Hedo. Just make sure IF you change them, you are both sober and do not do it in the heat of the moment.

As far a tip, go, have fun, do what you want, do not worry about others and do not worry about swingers...most are some of the funnest, outgoing, nicest people you will ever meet.

Not letting people sleep with you is something you've been practicing for a long time... most people find it easier than they imagine to fend off the swingers. Seriously, they aren't agressive, and it's not that hard... even if you're naked.

youll be fine. Enjoy your trip.
    Hedo II - WWV/Hedo Amigos - March 14-21, 2020
    Hedo II - March 9-16, 2019
    Hedo II - WWV/Playful Pussycats - April 2017
    Hedo II - WWV/Hedo Amigos - March 2016

Thank you for the replies!!

I hope I didn't sound like I was afraid of swingers! I'm not concerned about receiving invites, it's flattering, more will there be other couples like my boy and I.

What is the playroom actually like? Is it as erotic as it is in my head?

What about the theme nights? Can we be as wild as we want? Is it ok to go and not dress up? What do guys wear? Are they the same every night?

Do most newbies start at the prude beach and ease their way into nudity? Or is it better to just take it all off and jump in?

Oh! How do you find out what week it is? I've seen things about singles week, young swingers week. Are those put on by travel companies or the resort?

Hey guys.
    So are you looking to just be together or are you looking for another bi girl? Wasn't sure what you are looking for.
    On to your questions. As far as other swingers go, they may ask you if you are in the lifestyle and if you're not they are fine with that. Most will still spend the week having a great time with you....they just won't look at you as someone they can swing with later. Plenty of others they can be with they won't try bring you to the dark side lol.
    We are not in the lifestyle at all and have always had a great time with everyone. We really like being around swingers because they are usually a ton of fun to be around.
    The play room is nice with one big room and lots of smaller rooms so I'm sure you will find what you are looking for. I think later in the night is when it's more busy and it seems to be sort of quiet during the foam party night.
    Theme nights are pretty fun, you don't have to dress up at all or you can dress in something that is not the theme that night. You can be as wild as you'd like in anything you do all week and theme night is no different. Guys usually just wear nice shorts and a nice shirt and the girls do most of the sexy outfits but some guys really get into theme night for sure. It's up to you. Not sure the theme per night but I'm sure it's on the forums someplace.
    It's much better to just jump in. The longer you wait to take them off the harder it gets because you keep thinking about it. Just go to your room and take all the clothes and just walk about the door naked. Trust me, it will seem normal in just a few minutes and most people won't even look up at you.

You should look up some old trip reports from newbies on here and that will give you a pretty good idea of how your trip will go.
    Brian and Terri
    1ST TRIP APRIL 27TH MAY 1ST 2013
    2ND TRIP WITH KITTEN&ANGEL'S SPRING FLING APR 12TH TO APR 18TH 2014
    3RD TRIP WITH KITTEN&ANGEL'S SPRING FLING APR 10TH TO APR 17TH 2015.
    4TH TRIP WITH KITTEN&ANGEL'S SPRING FLING APRIL 8TH TO 15TH 2016
    5TH TRIP WITH KITTEN&ANGEL'S SPRING FLING APRIL 17TH TO 22ND 2017
    6TH TRIP KITTEN&ANGEL'S SPRING FLING APRIL 6th to 14th 2018
    7TH TRIP MAY 4TH TO MAY 11TH WITH TANTRIC HEARTS.
    8TH TRIP November 6th to 14th
    9TH TRIP APRIL 30TH TO MAY 8TH

No matter what anyone is into, or not into, it's Hedo and those who go there are very respectful... A simple no thanks is all it takes. People who go understand that not everyone is into the same things they are. We know a lot of people who go and are not into "swinging" ... Everyone is welcomed in just like family, no one cares what you're into or not into.. It's just a place to go that no one judges.. And everyone has fun.

If you're looking for another bi girl, chances are you'll find it at Hedo.. If you just wanna be with one another, that happens as well..

A lot but not all people dress up for theme nights, some go all out wild with the outfits, some are tame .. It all depends on the person..

The playroom can be wild.. Some people play with their partners, while other indulge in a group activity, but again saying no thank you does not offend anyone..

As far as starting out on the prude side... I would say just jump right into the nude side. Once you have you'll be asking yourself what took you so long to go on a nude vacation...

It's your vacation, do as much or as little as you want and what makes you the most comfortable... Have fun.... That's what it's all about..
    Travel with "KITTEN & ANGEL'S SPRING FLING -- wouldn't go with anyone else....

April 2009- Kitten & Angel. Sept 2009
    April 2010- Kitten & Angel. Sept 2010
    April 2011- Kitten & Angel. Sept 2011
    April 2012- Kitten & Angel. Sept 2012. Oct 2012
    April 2013- Kitten & Angel. Sept 2013
    April 2014- Kitten & Angel. Sept 2014, Oct 2014
    April 2015- Kitten & Angel. Sept 2015
    April 2016- Kitten & Angel. Sept 2016

Sept 2017, 2018, 2019

FYI, swingers aren't just couples. If you are bi and you have played with other women, you're swingers.
    Joe & Ellen
    Desire Pearl - April 18-26, 2023
    Hedonism II - July 18-26, 2023
    Desire Pearl - September 5-13. 2023
    Nile Lifestyle Cruise - January 26 - February 8, 2024

AFF & Kasidie- Empty_Nesters
    SLS - CT_empty_nesters
    SDC - emptynesters1
    http://www.sdc.com?ref=9857

FL - a hop, a skip, and a jump away from paradise!
    Quote Originally Posted by Newbie- View Post
    Oh! How do you find out what week it is? I've seen things about singles week, young swingers week. Are those put on by travel companies or the resort?
    The Hedonism website has info about the different weeks. Here's a link:
    http://www.hedonism.com/events-entertainment/events/

Groups are independently organized and usually have better rates than booking directly with the resort, plus other perks like ways to get to know other people who will be traveling with the group.

You should be able to get to each groups pages from the link above.
    Last edited by TheRaam; 01-13-2017 at 11:05 AM.
    Next trip: Young Swingers Week March 18 - 24 2018!

March 21 - 28 2014, Young Swingers Week (Trip report)
    October 3 - 12 2014, Young Swingers Week 2 (Trip report)

It's very common in the swinging lifestyle for only the women to play together even in a foursome. I don't know any guy that doesn't love watching his woman being with another woman. My wife is bi and we do both, we swing together with couples in a foursome, or sometimes just the women play while the guys watch or just the two of them without the guys being there, whatever is appropriate for the situation. You won't have any trouble finding what you want at Hedo

Quote Originally Posted by HedoJoe View Post
    FYI, swingers aren't just couples. If you are bi and you have played with other women, you're swingers.
    Bingo. Took us awhile to figure that out and being called on it by an acquaintance at Hedo. If you play, played sporadically or years ago, with a single, couple or swarm, at some level, you're in the LS.
    Hedo II 4 Trips
    Cap D'ade 2 Trips + Summer ‘21?
    Desire RM 1 trip

Just be yourselves and have fun. You will find people you will hit it off with and others that you just say no thank you to.
    Hedo III Wet T-Shirt runner up, Feb 2008 - H3
    Wild Women Hedoween Oct 2009 - H3
    SwitchHitters April 2012
    Desire RM Feb 2014
    Love Voodoo Goddess Week March 2015
    Spanksgiving Nov 2017
    Ms. No Swimsuit March 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2023
    Swing Into Spring 2024-March 23-29

My wife and I went for the first time in November. We are not really swingers, but we are regulars at a swinger club in town. We have mostly played by ourselves, sometimes out in the open. The guests at Hedo were extremely respectful! We were invited to play a few times, and politely declined. Except for the one day in the nude pool... we had a GREAT time playing with another couple. No penetration, but just about everything else! My wife was buzzing for the rest of the evening and into the next day. She pretty much had an all day orgasm! You will definitely find whatever you are looking for. As far as the nude thing, I agree completely with what everyone else has said... just jump in. I am a middle-aged average looking guy (grower not shower too!) and the moment I walked along the nude beach I felt like I was right at home. It didn't hurt that my wife is gorgeous - people tend to see her WAY before they notice me! Have a great trip!!

Hey jsquared, newsflash...you're swingers.
    Hedo II 4 Trips
    Cap D'ade 2 Trips + Summer ‘21?
    Desire RM 1 trip

Quote Originally Posted by happy2us View Post
    Hey jsquared, newsflash...you're swingers.
    I guess you're right!