Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Desires RM vs Hedonism

Desires RM vs Hedonism

I will keep this short for all of those trying to decide. We like nicer places, usually 5 star and neither Desire or Hedo is a five star as a resort, but are both amazing in their own ways. Desire is about 1/5 the size of Hedonism. The people (fellow guests) and employees at the resorts are so much better than a vanilla resort. No one cares what you are wearing, the type of car you drive, or how much money you make. This is a great way to relax and be yourself. And that makes them 5 star....plus you are never in your room.
    We are not swingers, but are exhibitionists and are very into each other. No one cared, people were fun and very open to talk about anything. Don't be nervous or shy, everyone is like an old friend.

Went to Hedo in October for 4 days and Desire RM over the New Year.

1. Accommodation- Desire wins for rooms. Hedo is improving though as we saw new furniture coming etc.
    2. Food- Hedo wins. It was simply better. Jamaican food usually is though. But you are not going to an all inclusive for the food! If you are go to Grand Velas.
    3. Beach- Hedo wins in that it was calmer, but with Sea Urchins so people didn't go in much. Desire is your typical Mexican beach. No one was at the beach at Desire.
    4. Pool- Both are amazing-Nude pool at Hedo was a lot of fun, and the only pool at Desire was the hot spot. Nice part about Desire is being smaller you got to know everyone BUT it was C/O where as at Hedo you had to be nude which was better. Also our room at Desire was very close to the pool, not much walking. Desire also had more beds and loungers around the one pool they have so you were comfy all day.
    5. Activity-PDA, PDS not a big deal at Hedo, and we got away with it at Desire. We were a bit more discreet. At the Hot Tub do as you wish.
    6. Hot Tub- Desire was more fun and better- seemed cleaner and more going on- has its own bar and if you are up there you are socializing for sure. Hedo is part of the pool area so not quite as intimate.
    7. Resort overall- Desire is cleaner, newer and a bit classier, but Hedo is getting better and is bigger. More to do at Hedo-piano bar, more restaurants. etc.
    8. Disco- Desire was full every night for a bit. Hedo was empty the times we were there.
    9. Age- Desire a bit younger, probably mid 40's avg, Hedo probably mid 50's avg
    10. People- couples at Desire, singles allowed at Hedo. Never had an issue at either. Everyone was respectful.
    11. Distance from Airport- Desire 15 minutes, Hedo, 1 hour 45 minutes
    12. Entertainment Crew- both great, Preferred Desire again probably because it is smaller so they get to know you.

Just our experiences. We would go back to both and enjoy them. Curious to see how the Hedo pool gets renovated.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirneil View Post
    I will keep this short for all of those trying to decide. We like nicer places, usually 5 star and neither Desire or Hedo is a five star as a resort, but are both amazing in their own ways. Desire is about 1/5 the size of Hedonism. The people (fellow guests) and employees at the resorts are so much better than a vanilla resort. No one cares what you are wearing, the type of car you drive, or how much money you make. This is a great way to relax and be yourself. And that makes them 5 star....plus you are never in your room.
    We are not swingers, but are exhibitionists and are very into each other. No one cared, people were fun and very open to talk about anything. Don't be nervous or shy, everyone is like an old friend.

Went to Hedo in October for 4 days and Desire RM over the New Year.

1. Accommodation- Desire wins for rooms. Hedo is improving though as we saw new furniture coming etc.
    2. Food- Hedo wins. It was simply better. Jamaican food usually is though. But you are not going to an all inclusive for the food! If you are go to Grand Velas.
    3. Beach- Hedo wins in that it was calmer, but with Sea Urchins so people didn't go in much. Desire is your typical Mexican beach. No one was at the beach at Desire.
    4. Pool- Both are amazing-Nude pool at Hedo was a lot of fun, and the only pool at Desire was the hot spot. Nice part about Desire is being smaller you got to know everyone BUT it was C/O where as at Hedo you had to be nude which was better. Also our room at Desire was very close to the pool, not much walking. Desire also had more beds and loungers around the one pool they have so you were comfy all day.
    5. Activity-PDA, PDS not a big deal at Hedo, and we got away with it at Desire. We were a bit more discreet. At the Hot Tub do as you wish.
    6. Hot Tub- Desire was more fun and better- seemed cleaner and more going on- has its own bar and if you are up there you are socializing for sure. Hedo is part of the pool area so not quite as intimate.
    7. Resort overall- Desire is cleaner, newer and a bit classier, but Hedo is getting better and is bigger. More to do at Hedo-piano bar, more restaurants. etc.
    8. Disco- Desire was full every night for a bit. Hedo was empty the times we were there.
    9. Age- Desire a bit younger, probably mid 40's avg, Hedo probably mid 50's avg
    10. People- couples at Desire, singles allowed at Hedo. Never had an issue at either. Everyone was respectful.
    11. Distance from Airport- Desire 15 minutes, Hedo, 1 hour 45 minutes
    12. Entertainment Crew- both great, Preferred Desire again probably because it is smaller so they get to know you.

Just our experiences. We would go back to both and enjoy them. Curious to see how the Hedo pool gets renovated.
    Our thoughts...keep in mind we love Hedo...

1. Desire is a newer resort and the accommodations are much nicer, but hedo is getting better.
    2. All inclusive resorts food...never great...it works but not a wow (every once in a while we got a wow...but not why we book)
    3. For looks, Desire beach is great. For swimming, neither is great. For wading and standing waist deep and chatting Hedo wins...wear water shoes or flip flops...the urchins are usually in the sea grass areas.
    4. There is a huge difference in the pools. During the day, Desire is more of a classy resort, people lounge, read, flirt, etc. at night the hot tub is fun and sexy with play areas around. Hedo is a frat party...sometime more wild than other times, no play areas by the pool (ok...yes you can go to the shower areas...lol)
    5. PDA...depends on the week...Both Hedo and Desire it is more acceptable at night
    6. The hot tub at hedo....well...usually horrible. Lots of spilled drinks in it and either too hot or too cold. The bar is a little walk, but if you bring a trayfull you are popular.
    7. We argree, Hedo is bigger and improving, but Desire is cleaner and newer.
    8. The disco at Hedo is usually not busy...it is also run down and sometimes sticks. A lot of people hang out at the piano bar, main bar then head to the hot tub. Plus the disco at hedo is usually so loud your fillings in your teeth rattle
    9. Age is a issue for us, when we first started going to adult resorts we were young...late 20's...but as the decades passed, we are now middle aged. Would we love to see a bunch of 20 year olds running around..yep...but that was not the way it was when we started going, and would hate if they had an age limit..lol. Every week is different.
    10. We agree...the people are great, we actually wish desire allowed singles.
    11. .Desire is a quick ride..nice...Hedo...long...not so fun.
    12. We never really got to know the staff Not their fault...

BIG 13. PLace is Great...to us Hedo is more of a frat party and Desire is a little more upscale, but either place is great.

Great idea to start this thread!

We've been to both Pearl and Hedo. We will be back to both. Both places had their pluses and minuses. Still want to check out the original Desire RM as well.

I've heard rumours of a big massive rebuild of the nude pool. So I think we will probably wait until that is announced as coming (or not) before we head back to Hedo.

as for the list: 3: Beach in Pearl was beautiful, but it is public access so people can walk by and see everything. We aren't into showing our bits off to non-guests, so for us the Hedo nude beach wins.

I want to add one as well:

14: Water Sports - Scuba is included at Hedo. That is a big plus for me (Sam).

S&R
    H2 - 12, 14, 24?
    Pearl - 13, 17, 18, 22, 24?
    20 & 21 - Stupid f**king Covid...

Blog Entries
    Last edited by hedoshedo50; 01-16-2017 at 08:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by hedoshedo50 View Post
    I'd agree with most of this list except when it comes to the food at hedo. We both hated the food there but maybe we are spoiled because we stay at 5 star resorts 9 times out of 10. We found Hedo to be a frat party except they weren't co-eds. 50 plus gang, which we are members of. It's not pretty to see.
    The service at Hedo sucks as well. Jamaicans have no concept of customer service. Over all we would rate Hedo a 2.5 star resort with 2.5 star food and drinks. We won't be back.
    Lol you have been trashing Hedo for months. At this point one can only assume that the problem lies with you and the particular troubles you had. No one who has done any and I mean any research at all goes to Hedo and expects a 5 star restaurant experience. That being said if you cant find anything at all that you enjoyed eating while there then i would say you have faulty taste buds. It is arrogant and ignorant to classify all jamicans as having no idea what good customer service is. We have been on several occasions and have experienced nothing but the best service. We are also a very, Very well traveled couple and have stayed at plenty of 5 star hotels. As far as it being a 50 plus group I really dont know when you went but every time we have been, there are ages from young 20's to 80's with the average being 40ish I would guess.
    There is nothing wrong with having an opinion about a place and voicing it but time after time you seem to be going out of your way with extreme exaggerations to the goal of simply trashing what the overwhelming majority see to be a wonderful place.
    I would honestly have to step back and examine myself if I was so bitter about an experience and a resort when literally I was in the vast minority.I would have to ask myself if maybe I had something to do with such a poor vacation. Just a thought.

Blog Entries
    Last edited by hedoshedo50; 01-16-2017 at 08:28 AM.

Sorry to hear about your bad experience. We have gone to quite a few nude resorts. We love Hedo and it is our favorite place to go ever since N-Resort closed. We are not "life stylists", but have been known to do a little fooling around if we drink enough and are playroom regulars My wife and I always get hit-on. Some people are polite and others are rude a-holes. We take it with a-grain-of-salt. I (male) have even been hit on by other bi-guys! You have to look at it this way, take every "offer" as a compliment. Whether a guy or girl, if someone would like to get to know you better, what a nice compliment that is!!!! We thank them for thinking we are sexy and say its not our thing.

We also know Hedo is a lifestyle resort. They make no bones about this. It is their backyard. If we are not comfortable about the sex and flirtation, then we have NO right being in their backyard and should look else where for our vacation.

Considering this post was a comparison between Desire RM and Hedo, DO NOT go to Desire RM. You will even be more disappointed. Our Hedo rooms (cheaper) are actually nicer than Desire RM rooms (remember Cheap rooms). Mildew and peeling paint. I think many will agree, Hedo's food is better than Desire RM. They just have more to offer (larger buffet) and better chefs. Plus, I think Desire waters down their drinks. Also, Desire is about 95% lifestyler's. You will notice everyone is clothed around the pool and grounds. Desire, for us, offers new scenery from time-to-time.

The new owners are putting their hearts into updating the club. There are so many positive changes being made. This takes time. SuperClubs ran the place into the ground and profited nicely from the neglect. The new owners (Harry and company) are really trying. I am sure they are not becoming rich off of this endeavor either. It is a long term plan. The pace they are going, in a couple of years, it will be nicer than Desire Pearl. (Desire Pearl grounds is nicer than RM, our opinion.)

I think Club O or Hidden Beach would be more your style. Quiet, more luxurious.
    Last edited by cahhhoo; 01-12-2017 at 10:48 AM.

Interesting thread. Have we been frustrated with some issues at Hedo? Sure. We expect three things: AC, hot water, and TV. Everything else we can adjust to. Always had the TV and hot water, but yes we were one of those unlucky couples who were there when the AC issue was at it's peak. We did get lucky to get a different room though. Will we be back? Yes. We have yet to run into a situation that outweighs what we like about the resort. If the "frat party" scene is too much for some there is always the beaches to enjoy time with your someone, or even by yourself. We will undoubtedly wind up at one of the Desire resorts one day which sound awesome as well. Looking forward to the comparison. We like drinking the water, and the Blue mountain coffee in Jamaica, and not getting flu-like symptoms because the items on the salad bar were rinsed with water as we experienced in MX. (yes, this "5 star" resort had it's own water purification system, but stuff happens) Live, learn, move on, and find a place you enjoy.
    Last edited by sunandsea; 01-12-2017 at 06:04 PM. Reason: sp

No problem here with us. The problem is when people don't respect others boundaries. When you have to ask the same people over and over to respect your boundaries it's not us. The expectation was for the price the resort would have been better than a flea bitten hotel. The food and people we had been in contact with in Jamaica was terrible and the people do not have any idea about customer service. Just our experience. You are entitled to your opinion as are we. I think people have over hyped this resort so people expectations are high with every one that is new there as a first time which should be a good thing but when you get there it's disappointing for the money you pay. We are not in the lifestyle but enjoy vacationing naked. Not fending off disrespectful people. It was a full time job and we went for a vacation not work. There are no exaggerations of our experience but they are our experiences. We have read others disappointment in this resort and have many private messages from people who agree with us but are afraid to voice their opinions on here. If people can't be respectful of others what does that say about society? I will continue to voice my opinion as it is my right. The lowbrow, immature, frat party mentality is definitely not for this mature respectful couple.
    Why are you still on this forum? You didn't like it. Ok. We get it. The Log Out button is in the upper right corner.

I just love phillygirls straight forward response to things! Just something I would say also.

We realize that this particular forum favors hedo. We also belong to another forum that favors Desire. We can truly say that we are 100% unbiased. We've been to Hedo III once, Desire RM 3x, Desire Pearl 2x and Hedo II 3x.

There are things we love about all of them. Obviously, Hedo III is no longer an option. We can say that Hedo II has made a LOT of improvements the past few years, and continues to do so. Back in 2010, we were telling people that we prefer Desire. Now, we feel they are literally neck & neck.

When you look at pricing, Desire seems to always be considerably higher. Hedo is improving to the point that Desire's price premium is difficult to justify. I can do 9 nights at Hedo for the price of 7 at Desire. Seems like a no brainer.

We will say that we feel the 2 areas that Desire clearly has it over Hedo are the disco and hot rub. They just do those right.

Hedo has the awesome piano bar, main dining area and beach.

The Desire Pearl pool is awesome. We aren't in the lifestyle, so having a bunch of people in a small pool crowded together is less appealing to us than the spacious pool at Pearl.

Speaking of lifestyle, we've seen the "wild side" at both places. It really does depend on the crowd that is there at the particular time. Desire does tend to be more reserved at times... not boring, just things are a little less overt.

We think food is a toss up.

We did Hedo the last 2 years . Honestly, we'd like to get back to Desire RM for a change of pace... But we're not going to pay several hundred more to go there. Plus, with even more improvements to Hedo since our last trip there this past September, we may be right back there, and that would be just fine!

Paradise either way. You can't lose!
    K&D
    Desire Pearl hot tub, beds & swim-up bar:

Incredible paradises we've had the pleasure of experiencing:
    Couples Negril - Couples Sans Souci - Grand Lido Braco (RIP) - Hedonism III (RIP)
    Desire Riviera Maya - Hidden Beach Resort - Desire Pearl - Hedonism II

Registered User Naughty Nudists's Avatar
    Our first trip to Hedo was in 2013.Three more trips ensued annually with the same group(Kitten/Angel).The quality of everything drastically improved in that time.But at some point,once you realize that basic services like TV,Hot/Cold water,AC,etc are covered you don't anticipate those things near as much as reuniting with your Hedo Family.I go to see old friends and "characters" we have met and to meet the new ones.Maybe it's not for everybody.We all can "vote with our dollars" so if Hedo is not for you there is always other places you can go.........

Blog Entries
    Last edited by hedoshedo50; 01-16-2017 at 08:30 AM.

sitting here with beer and chips, this gonna be better than playoffs!

Still here because they won't let me delete my account and pictures from the site, so you have to put up with my dislike of hedo. Trying to give people an opposing opinion of the one sided slanted opinions on here so they are better informed to all of the experience people have had. Why are you still on here?
    Ok, if that's really your reason, allow me to suggest that you take the time to edit your posts and remove/replace your account info&pics. Then, you can be done here.

You gave your opinion. Multiple times. (Each time gets more dramatic and less informative....but anyway!)

In addition, you seem to assert that your one experience is more accurate/ valuable than the hundreds of others. Most by people who have vacationed at Hedo multiple times. I submit that anyone who does their research before vacationing will find a variety of reports and can make their own decision. You did your part.

Which is why I asked. Seems you get off on being a contrarian and a bit of a dramatic alarmist. And while this group generally respects all fetishes, we also like to keep things positive and constructive.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast