Thread: Day trip to Pelican Bar

Day trip to Pelican Bar

Interested in doing a day trip to the Pelican bar. Can anyone pass along names of drivers they have used for their own day trips.

I arranged a day trip to the Pelican Bar for my February 25th Lovin' Life group. I was given a driver's name from other H2 peeps who have used him. Ashton Pitt (876- 376-2174) or acetourjamaica@gmail.com He's been nice to work with thus far. I always do a trip report, so will let you know more about how it went after the trip.

Lisa
    Learn something new and play everyday!

Lovin' Life at H2!
    Join Us February 23-March 2, 2019!

Lovin' Life Info
    (Castaways Travel Agency Group)

Ashton is awsome. We've used his excellent service and can certify he's safe, super knowledgeable and a decent guy. Recommended.
    Hedo II 4 Trips
    Cap D'ade 2 Trips + Summer ‘21?
    Desire RM 1 trip

Thanks, sounds like an easy decision then.

If you know others who would like to go, get a small group of peeps together. It isn't cheap and the prices don't really go up drastically by adding others - so in the end you would save money. He has 11 and 29 person buses.

Lovin' Life at H2!

Lovin' Life Info

We've used Alrick Allen @ YourJamaicanTourGuide.com to go out to the Pelican Bar. He was fantastic.

You can also rent a car for around $100 +fuel for the day. We did that through the tour counter at the resort the last time we were there. Just ask one of the locals or even your driver from the airport for instructions. Maybe not as fun as getting a van with a group, but it also allows you to do your own thing a bit more. It's relatively easy to get there as long as you are a comfortable (and a bit aggressive like the locals!) driver and don't mind driving on the "wrong" side of the road. We had no problem arranging a boat once we got to the general area and stopped at the first restaurant we got to. It's about a 2hr drive each way.

This sounds like an amazing little adventure, but I don't think I could pull myself away from Hedo for the 4 hour car ride (both directions)... You would loose a whole day....just saying...but if it were closer I'd be more app to go...
    Travel with "KITTEN & ANGEL'S SPRING FLING -- wouldn't go with anyone else....

April 2009- Kitten & Angel. Sept 2009
    April 2010- Kitten & Angel. Sept 2010
    April 2011- Kitten & Angel. Sept 2011
    April 2012- Kitten & Angel. Sept 2012. Oct 2012
    April 2013- Kitten & Angel. Sept 2013
    April 2014- Kitten & Angel. Sept 2014, Oct 2014
    April 2015- Kitten & Angel. Sept 2015
    April 2016- Kitten & Angel. Sept 2016

Sept 2017, 2018, 2019

Ok...after repeated trips to jamaica...never heard of the place...please fill us in

I will take pics and post a report after the trip. The driver I listed sent me his insurance and licensing info today, he is very professional and really cool. We are going to a different place for lunch and then heading there, so for us it will be from 10:30am - 3:30pm. Still time left in the day to play at the resort.

Lovin' Life at H2!

Lovin' Life Info

Quote Originally Posted by toohorny View Post
    Ok...after repeated trips to jamaica...never heard of the place...please fill us in
    The Pelican Bar is (at least in my opinion) one of the most iconic places in Jamaica! I can't imagine being that close in Negril and not going - even if it does take a whole day. A 15min boat rides takes you out to a small bar/thatch hut with dock out in the middle of the reef. They will cook you the freshest fish you may ever have (literally - they opened the cooler and asked us to take our pick of the fish they had just caught) and it's probably the best fish I've ever eaten. And the beer or drinks are always cold. The water around the bar is waist deep and full of rays, fish, etc. A unique experience that I don't think you can have anywhere else. It does get busier in the afternoons as some of the more "organized" tours show up. We were there around 11AM and I think there were only about 6 people there, when we left around 2PM it was getting crowded.

Why not just view the youtube link I posted. seems O.K. but I think I'd rather do the 'One Love' bus tour / pub crawl....maybe it says a lot about me though.

Quote Originally Posted by Riandsu View Post
    Why not just view the youtube link I posted. seems O.K. but I think I'd rather do the 'One Love' bus tour / pub crawl....maybe it says a lot about me though.
    Every time we have been to Hedo there has always been at least one group that does the "One Love Bus Crawl". They rave about it... Although I have seen most of them crawling (no pun intended) off the bus. So you know that had a great time...
    Travel with "KITTEN & ANGEL'S SPRING FLING -- wouldn't go with anyone else....

April 2009- Kitten & Angel. Sept 2009
    April 2010- Kitten & Angel. Sept 2010
    April 2011- Kitten & Angel. Sept 2011
    April 2012- Kitten & Angel. Sept 2012. Oct 2012
    April 2013- Kitten & Angel. Sept 2013
    April 2014- Kitten & Angel. Sept 2014, Oct 2014
    April 2015- Kitten & Angel. Sept 2015
    April 2016- Kitten & Angel. Sept 2016

Sept 2017, 2018, 2019

The Pelican Bar does look cool and fun BUTT 4 hours round trip.....with clothes on....Hmmmm.
    Hedo II 4 Trips
    Cap D'ade 2 Trips + Summer ‘21?
    Desire RM 1 trip