Thread: Newbie Hedo Trip Report NYE 2017

Newbie Hedo Trip Report NYE 2017

Hello -

My wife and I stayed at Hedo from December 27th through January 2nd. For starters we went into the trip not considering ourselves "lifestylers" and we left Hedo without doing any "playing", but we've had some real good discussions on what we saw, if anything we saw was something we could incorporate into our own relationship, and that will be a work in progress for some time to come. Overall though, we met some very awesome people of who I'd like to call out:

Kimmie & Dave - Our Toms Trips hosts. Thanks so much!

Anna & David - Happy Birthday once again David, it was great to meet you and Anna! Thanks for the words of advice and not making us feel like complete Hedo virgins.

Nicole & Corey - We're still a little bitter that you didn't join us for our first dip in the nude hot tub after all of your peer pressure to get us down there (just kidding ), but thanks very much for your support and guidance as well into our first venture to Hedo.

Kristen & Wade - You joined us for dinner one night, we shared some stories, you got up for desert and never came back. What the heck? But, then we caught up with you both a little later in the trip and had some really good conversation, it was great to meet both of you and Wade, sorry buddy, you are NOT 40. I don't care what you say.

Tex - Ah, Tex, "Big D", a really cool Vinny who we met at the piano bar. He was very cool to talk to and even after he asked my wife and I if we would take him back to our room so he could "watch" us have relations on his last night at Hedo which we kindly responded "no" to, he took that very well and we wished him safe travels back home the next day.

Danica (Sorry if I'm spelling your name wrong Columbus) - Probably one of the most down to earth and respectable folks to have a conversation with. Glad to have had a chance to meet you!

The "other" Toms Trips Folks - We are really bad with names when we are meeting folks especially names we get in a very short amount of time, so sorry if we've forgotten your names. But Nellie (and partner), Wisconsin Teacher, wild blonde who made my wife do a body shot off me, and all the rest of the great folks in the nude pool. THANKS for being so welcoming to us when we finally decided to take the plunge.

Overall we really didn't have much interaction with a lot of people and we only made it to the nude pool twice, nude hot tub three times, and didn't make it to the nude beach at all (at least not during the day, just once one night). But we're glad we got to meet the people we did.

Some takeaways from the trip:

First and foremost, my wife was very nervous about being approached for swinging. With the exception of the above mentioned offer to be watched, we were never approached, never once had anyone be rude to us, never once felt uncomfortable. That was my hope and a big relief after all was said and done. Now of course, we wonder if we were just that unattractive, or if we just emitted such a strong non-lifestyle type vibe that people thought it would be best to just leave us alone.

We did the cave catamaran cruise on Saturday morning. There were only 4 couples and 1 vinny on board. Very small group. We skipped the snorkeling but really wanted to swim in the caves. A couple (who's names we didn't get) we're also swimming, the wife wasn't feeling well and didn't swim very fast into the caves, but she stayed back with us as we let her know we weren't very strong swimmers. She was very nice to talk with and kept us company. We ran into them a few times after the cruise and exchanged "hellos". Another couple from the cruise took pictures of my wife and I after the cruise. We didn't get their names either. During the cruise my wife was given an Aloe massage by one of the guides. She was in heaven. I'm a good husband, but I lack in the massage giving department. As we were leaving the boat, he pulled me to the side and asked if we could get him a plate of chicken, which was the least we could do. Then come to find out a lot of the rest of the guides on the boat had asked other couples for food as well and they also were happy to help.

We did a pub crawl and got to go offsite to see some of the "real" Jamaica. It's amazing how different the worlds are we live in. We'd really like to take our 8 year old son who believes he's owed the world some times to see just how unfortunate some people in the world have it. We also did a round trip walk along the 7-mile beach to downtown and back to Hedo. That was fun, but man feet hurt... it was fun stopping at a bar on the beach to find out how far we have walked and to grab a drink. When we asked how far we walked, the bartender asked where we came from and of course we responded "The ZOO!". He laughed out loud and pointed out to us that downtown was just a short walk and encouraged to finish up the walk now that we were that far along. So, we did. The round trip only took us 4 hours. All the locals told us we were crazy for doing it, but we were already crazy for being at Hedo, right? LOL.

All in all we had a great time. However, we don't believe we've been impacted the same way many other people are when they go and they start to plan their next trips once they get home. We won't have DIF, well, we will have temperature related DIF, we will miss the 85 degree days a lot, especially since we got back it hasn't reached 10 degrees... ugh... but we can't say for sure if we'll ever be back. It was fun, we met some great people, but could we spend our money on other adventures and travels in the future and not visit Hedo ever again? Probably.... Nothing against Hedo, nothing against the people, we just seem to not have been bitten by that bug as hard as most people seem to be. Maybe we'll go back in 5 years... maybe not...

Final notes - we stayed ocean view nude, room 2214, which we did have a view of the ocean, but the nude beach was quite a bit off in the distance and though we were never promised a room that looked directly over the nude beach, that's kind of what I expected when we purchased the room. If we go back, we'll stay on the prude side and save the money. The air conditioning worked great. The water temperature in the shower changed all the time. The staff was awesome. The piano bar was a lot of fun. The food and drinks were plentiful. No real complaints at all.

Thanks to everyone in the forum who also helped in preparing us for the trip!!

Registered User The Travel Slut's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Thanks for the report as it is always great to read about Hedo from a former Newbie's perspective. Glad you had a fun time!

Thanks for the newbie report and nice to read you had a great time!
    s
    St. Martin, FWI, 1991-2011
    Hedonism II -January 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016 (x2), 2017
    Cayo Largo, Cuba, December 1-7, 2014
    Hedonism II - April 10-17, 2016 K&A Spring Fling
    Hedonism II - April 16-23, 2017 K&A Spring Fling
    Hedonism II - April 8-15, 2018 K&A Spring Fling
    Hedo 2 April 14-21, 2019 K&A Spring Fling
    H2 April 8-17, 2022 K&A Spring Fling

"If you want something you've never had, you must be willing to do something you've never done" - Thomas Jefferson

Thanks for the trip report. We always enjoy reading them. There is certainly nothing wrong with not getting bitten by the Hedo bug, not at all. However if there was takeaway from your report that tells me maybe why you were not bitten like so many, it is this comment:

"Overall we really didn't have much interaction with a lot of people and we only made it to the nude pool twice, nude hot tub three times, and didn't make it to the nude beach at all (at least not during the day, just once one night). But we're glad we got to meet the people we did."

Hedo is a very social place and over and over you see people commenting that it is the people that make Hedo what it is. It could be that if you spent more time interacting with people you may have come away infected with the hedo bug. Then again what the hell do I know lol? Regardless it sounds like you made the best of it and had a good time. Hopefully you both enjoyed getting away with each other and recharging your relationship. It was your vacation and you did exactly what you wanted to do with it. We are just a little south of you in chicago and if there is one thing i definitely agree with you on it is this damn cold snap needs to end immediately. A high of ten degrees is just plain stupid and makes us wonder why we live here.
    Hedonism, the Virgin Trip: March 21-28, 2015
    Hedonism, the Sequel: 3/16-3/26, 2016. Ten days this time around because more is always better.
    Hedonism, Part 3: 3/24-4/1 2017 Swing into Spring group
    Hedonism 2018: Taking the year off to pay some damn bills. DIF is horrible!:
    Hedonism IV: 3/22-3/30 2019 Twister's Swing Break. Let's do this! Can't wait to get back!
    Hedonism V: 3/24/23-4/1/23. Finally back home again!

SLS: HedoCpl62

Thanks for taking the time and effort to report back

My wife and I travelled every year before we had kids. We went to many beautiful resorts and had some great vacations... but never had a desire to return to any of them.

Hedo is the first place we've ever returned to and I'm left wondering why... but I guess that's the bug you speak of.

I'm glad you enjoyed your trip and wrote a review to share your experience with everyone.
    Hedo II - WWV/Hedo Amigos - March 14-21, 2020
    Hedo II - March 9-16, 2019
    Hedo II - WWV/Playful Pussycats - April 2017
    Hedo II - WWV/Hedo Amigos - March 2016

Thanks for the report.... We have been to Hedo several times but the last was about 10 years ago and now we cant wait to get back to see the changes and to see friends there at the resort as well as off resort . IS IT APRIL YET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Bernard & Melissa Hedo bound 4/15/2017 - 4/22/2017 1st trip With Kitten and Angel, 2nd Trip with Kitten and Angel 04/07/2018-04/14/2018 10 th Anniversary Spring Fling