Thread: December 1-10, 2016 and 2015 WWW

December 1-10, 2016 and 2015 WWW

Armando and Tiffany

Wet, Wild, and Wicked~~ also lovingly known as WWW

December 3 - 12, 2015 and December 1 - 10, 2016

Ok, so last year for the 2015 trip I WROTE OUT A WHOLE 8 PAGE TRIP REPORT within a week of getting back and just never got around to typing it up. So this report will be for 2015 and 2016 as I didn’t want to waste the 2015 info. So, let’s just consider it a “comparison report”. Consider yourself warned…this is loonnnggg…( The 2015 report was called “The Full Circle”)

TRAVEL

2015: Southwest Airlines from HOU Hobby has non-stop flights to MoBay. Although the flight time is not great arriving at 2:50PM. You can’t beat free bags especially since we like to bring kids gifts. Customs/immigration moved reasonably fast. So, on to JTL(transfer) desk. Handed them my DennyP reservation paper and luckily we were moved to the front of the CHAOS! Was immediately put on one of the big buses. Our delight was quickly extinguished when we realized they weren’t going to leave until the ENTIRE bus was full! THEY WILL WAIT UNTIL IT IS COMPLETELY FULL! …NEVER AGAIN will we choose this free option esp. arriving in the middle of the day. Stopped at about 4 other hotels before Hedo plus a “pit-stop” as well. Imagine how long it takes for a whole big bus to unload “grab a beer” and re-load. We noticed at all these other hotels we stopped at were decorated with lots of dark brown wood. Looked real dark inside the lobbys. Pretty, but dark…TISK,TISK.

2016: We flew American as we were able to use miles for our flight. Flew from IAH. Nice, as we live only 10 minutes from this airport. But the bag fees suck. Yes, I know we didn’t have to pay for our tickets but I don’t believe in the bag fees. Anywho, customs/immigration moved nicely. We chose a private transfer with Daena Taxi this time and they were there waiting for us and off we went. We did make our “special” pit-stop but as the trip went on we realized we weren’t given a very good deal. Made it to resort in just under an hour.

RESORT

2015: Finally made it home…GASP!!! TISK,TISK..home now looks like all the other hotels we saw!! Is it pretty? Yes. Is it more glamorous than it was? Of course. IT IS BEAUTIFUL but gone is that warm Caribbean feel. I miss the Caribbean colors! The lobby is gorgeous, but the dining area is white and brown. It looks too sterile to me. It needs COLOR! Check-in was fast and easy. Room 1235 was perfect. A/C worked, plenty of hot water even at peak times.
    SUGGESTION: Some sort of lighting placed above the big wall mirror. Nothing hanging like before, something mounted on the wall like a light strip. I know I’m not the only gal that thinks the bathroom gets too hot to get dolled up in. There is something I wish I would have known about beforehand. They have started a “go green” program. You have a go green door hanger on your front door. Place it on the outside and when you decline some maid services, i.e. hang towels up for re-use, turn off lights and A/C before you leave, keep bed sheets you will be entered for a nightly drawing for a 50.00 resort credit. On Friday they also do a drawing for 3 free nights as well! The new beds are so much more comfortable! I love not having the big ol TV jutting out begging you to hit your head on it! (Armando anyway) Not me. HA! A nice flat screen now. Our room was perfecto.

2016: Ok, so the brown and white decor with the dark brown wood just grows on you. Or maybe it’s better now that the original shock is over. I can’t believe the seats are still white!!! Check in was easy, breezy again. Room 1141 was perfect. Love a first floor room too! Been years since we have had one! The new A/C’s are great! Although I still don’t know what 70 F` is in C`! HA! The supplied blow dryer worked fine. I brought a shampoo/soap holder that suction cups to the wall to use in the shower that was a great help. There is only 1 little soap holder in the corner. And they do supply sham/cond and soap but I like to use my own. For our toothbrushes/toothpaste I take one of the glass cups to the bathroom to set them up in. Don’t want our toothbrushes on the counter. This room was fine! GO GREEN!

MAIN POOL

2015: Love the new no skid tile. I don’t feel the need to ice skate across it in my heels! Nice color lights in the pool now. Over the top of the disco they have a nice seating area.

2016: Still nice to have the new tile!!!

WATERSLIDE…..BOOOO HOOO HOOOO

2015: Reports are correct… closed indefinitely. I asked 3 different watersports guys, no BEGGED them to open it but all they said was “ask the managers” or “under renovation” but there was no renovation going on.

2016: BOOOHOOOO…I miss the waterslide and it’s gone…all gone. L I miss it so much.

DISCO

2015: Same ol, same ol…. Except for the foam party! YEEEHOOO! Be sure to check it out! Doing it nekkid is the way to go! NO JEWELRY… the foam makes you slippery.

2016: The foam party is now outside the disco on the cement pad. Where there was supposed to be the ice skating rink. We talked about that…who on earth’s idea was it supposed to be to put an ice skating rink in Jamaica? At Hedo of all places? Talk about liability there….Anywho, the foam party I guess was just as fine out there. Noticed that if you wait about an hour it won’t be so packed.
    THE DISCO is closed “under renovation” we were told. I missed the Disco!!!!

PRUDE BEACH POOL BAR

2015: Exactly the same…the water is FREEZING!!!!!!

2016: DITTO!!!!!!

PRUDE BEACH GRILL

2015: Renovation is very nice! You can’t go wrong at the prude grill. Food is good and it’s like sitting in a civilized restaurant now with plenty of tables.

2016: Still good as always! Although if you go in there right at opening they will not always have what you want quickly. i.e for a burger the grill needs adequate time to pre-heat…same with the oil for fries. At least, that’s what we were told. But the food is always good! I WISH THEY HAD THE MELTED CHEESE HERE TOO!!! It’s only at the nude grill for the nachos.

WATERSPORTS

2015: One day I brought a bunch of pool toys and they used their air tank to fill about 20 little beach balls for me! And they did it with a smile! THANKS GUYS! If you need something blown up go to the watersports shack. We also, after all of our trips shook off the sand gravity and took a kayak out to the island.

2016: Brought more pool toys!!! On 2 different days this time! Still got them all blown up with a smile! I even brought some solar powered Santa and Penguin bobbleheads for all the tables in the nude pool. I look at it as also a way for peeps to bring home a souvenir from their trip!
    Armando learned to HOBIE CAT this time! YAY! We went out from 9:30 – 11:00 everyday. (Until 11:00 cause we had to get back in time for Bocce Ball!) So peaceful out on the water! And a lot easier than paddling a darn kayak!!! Next trip we will be doing this every morning the winds are good. Watersports always opened on time.

NUDE BEACH

2015: As pleasant as ever! So glad there are new beach loungers. Also, no towel exchange anymore. You want a towel, you got it. Lots of new beach umbrellas and side tables. Also added are wicker tubs that hold water bottles that they keep iced down.

2016: Still great! Wicker tubs for water bottles now replaced with an actual insulated cooler. I’m sure they got tired of constantly having to re-ice the old buckets. If my memory serves me correctly I think they are put inside a wooden box to hide the white ice chest.

NUDE BEACH GRILL

2015: Same ol good stuff! And midnight pizza is still DA BOMB!!!!

2016: DITTO!!!!!! Excited to see the improvements to the nude grill next year!!

NUDE BEACH BAR

2015: Excellent service all the time! Props to Paulette & Lorenzo and all the others that may have served us! THANK YOU!

2016: DITTO!!! Although I didn’t see Lorenzo?.still LOVE Paulette!!

NUDE POOL COMPLEX

2015: I miss the “water pools” we could rinse the sand off our feet in. There was so much sand on the pool deck! Although I’m sure those pools were hazardous. The pool deck is slippery as heck & Harry said they will replace the deck. The pool ladder is removed and now there is no easy way out of the pool on that side. Always wondered why they didn’t do the same steps like they have on the other side of the pool? They also did new steps into the hot tub which are much easier to use. Love the new nude restrooms! Much nicer. The pool loungers now have umbrellas for shade. Hot tub was decent temp.

2016: On the pool deck are long black rubber “runners”/ “mats” to walk on. They hurt the feet. Seemed the sprinkle pool turned into the “rinse the sand off your feet” pool. There was so much sand in there!!!!! The day after we left they started the renovation!!!! YAY! I’m excited for a new pool deck/bar/grill!!!! But to the Bocce Ballers…looks like some of our bocce ball court is being taken away!

NUDE GARDENS

2015: They made a “smoking area” over behind the ladies restroom. The grounds were all kept nice like always. Noticed there must be a painted rock cemetery somewhere because it seemed the rocks have diminished in number. The huge tree between H-Block and the old bird sanctuary for some reason does not have all the huge gorgeous ivy growing from it anymore.

2016: DITTO! Still the same nice gardens.

SPA

2015: New manager, all new staff.
    SUGGESTION: Can you please include the spa menu in the welcome envelope like it used to be?
    So, we walked into the spa to make an appointment for a massage. NO familiar faces. We do like sauna before massage but the back area was “under renovation”. All massages were on the beach either in the new beach huts (which are very nice) or the massage shack. So, since we did not have a massage menu beforehand we went in unprepared. We were upsold to the dickens! Yes, I know they need to sell, sell, sell their services but TOO PUSHY! We ALWAYS do 2 (sometimes 3) massages in our 10 day trip but since it was such an UNPLEASANT experience we ended it right there! We did 80 minutes for 145/pp which was supposed to include some special acupressure on our hands and feet but I assure you nothing special was done to our hands and feet! They would have got a lot more money out of us if they would have let us be and gave us time to look at the spa menu. And they didn’t seem too organized with their scheduling. Also, you do not pay in the spa anymore. It is billed to your room. They do print out a receipt for your signature. I don’t like having to “close a balance” at check-out.

2016: Ok, so they now have the Spa menu right inside the door of the spa. Easy enough to get one on arrival. I do understand putting one in every welcome pack is not very cost effective. THE SPA PRICES ON THE HEDO WEBSITE ARE NOT KEPT UP TO DATE!!! The whole spa area is now open. Glad to be able to have massage in A/C again. Massages were good. I miss Roslyn. We chose to do 2 couples Swedish for 95/pp.

GIFT SHOP

2015: Lots & lots of stuff! Open almost 24 hrs! And guess what??!!! Drum roll please…….Hedo bucks are now treated as real money to use on ANYTHING in the gift shop!!! BRILLIANT! BRAVO! Each Hedo buck = 1.00 & like I said they accept them as real money. So collect them, use them, and don’t lose them! (More on collecting them later)

2016: I think the gift shop may be open 24 hrs now???? And they still use Hedo bucks! Hedo bucks can be used on more stuff than just the gift shop. From personal experience this time, we collected Hedo bucks but didn’t spend much in the Gift shop as going to Hedo every year the “souvenir thing” just isn’t all it used to be. So, our remaining bucks we were able to use upon check-out to go towards our spa services. NICE! Ok, so “closing a balance” on check-out is not that big a deal. I do miss the days of winning a bottle of rum tho. But at least you can still get them in the gift shop with the Hedo bucks. Let’s all chant now……HE-DO BUCKS! HE-DO BUCKS!
    BIG SUGGESTION…..WHY NO MORE HEDONISM SHOT GLASSES!!!!!!!???????
    I don’t recall any for at least 6 years!!!

PING PONG

2015: Need balls please…..

2016: We didn’t play ping pong this time…Or maybe Armando did? I think? That was a rough night for me, our first night I think. I heard all the paddles were gone except for 1. Saw 1 on the nude pool deck. Now why I wonder would 1 be at the pool?? J

SLOT MACHINES

2015: A few of them take 1.00 bills. Some steal 1.00 bills and don’t give you credit. But for the most part they took my dollar, gave me credits, only to take them back again! HAHA! I was not a winner.

2016: We did not play any slots this time, nor did we EVER see anyone in there.

COURTYARD

2015: Such a nice area now. I don’t use a phone on vacation but that area has the WiFi. Love the courtyard renovations. And the new restrooms are so pretty! They made a smoking area towards the tennis courts next to the building that used to be the jewelry store. Which is now the wine bar. Never went in there. Could use a bit more seating in the courtyard.

2016: Still a very nice area although I think the green “turf” may be molding? Smells funny. WiFi is now throughout the whole resort. Can’t comment on the connection as we never used it. One night, I think Friday nights? They set up a stage with dance music in the courtyard.

PIANO BAR

2015: This trip spent more time in there than usual. It’s fun again!!!!!

2016: This trip not so much. Dion was sorely missed! I think someone from Roots explosion was trying to keep it going but it just didn’t work. It was painful. At least in the early hour anyway….we didn’t stick around to see if it got better. We wish Dion a quick recovery.

ESPRESSO BAR

2015: At the back of the dining room. Never ordered anything, so can’t comment.

2016: Our friend T liked her espresso from there. So, our friend K (already loving the Hedo coffee) went and got some from the espresso bar. He couldn’t believe how much better it tasted! So, there really is a difference although I personally didn’t try it.

THE RESTAURANTS!!!! Thank you, Thank you, Thank you for no more reservations!! Totally awesome! If you wanted you could sample something from each if you wanted! Start at Harry San at 6:30 for a sushi bite and I think Pastafari closes at 10ish? With the buffet and Flame in between! WOOHOO!

HARRY SAN

2015: Pretty good. Don’t like the new sauce they are putting on the shrimp. Everything else good as always.

2016: Ate here 2 times this trip. The shrimp sauce is called curry coconut or something like that. Skipped the sauce and just had plain grilled shrimp..and beef. Delicious. Our second time eating here we were unfortunately sat with a true blue Vinny….not fun. That’s all I’m gonna’ say about that.

PASTAFARI

2015: Very good! Always our fav place to eat! But what us up with the A/C in there?! Too hot!! Been that way for years!!!!!!

2016: Ahhh the temp delightfully more pleasant this trip! Food delicious as always!

BUFFET

2015: ALWAYS a good selection.Friday gala magnificent! First time we went during lobster season!WOOHOO! My mouth is watering right now! Don’t overlook the chocolate truffles on Friday nights! Since we are there for 2 Friday’s we take some back to our room and put in the fridge for late night sweet tooths! The “butter” they use for the lobsters is surely not the same as the drawn butter we get here at home. The sushi/martini bar etc. is exceptional. For breakfast and lunch there are always plenty of choices!

2016: Friday’s gala is still wonderful! Ok, so I really didn’t like the “imitation butter” as I’ll call it. I went to my local Red Lobster here at home and they put some drawn butter in a clear mason jar for me. I wrapped it in a baggie and 3 layers of bubble wrap in my luggage. It didn’t break! Drawn butter essentially has no dairy in it so it never hardened up. About 30 minutes before we left for dinner I shook up the butter and poured some in our little coffee maker in the room. And Viola!!! REAL drawn butter for my lobster!!! It was melted and ready in time for dinner and I just brought the little coffee pot with me to dinner! Breakfast and Lunch still good with many choices! If you go hungry here it is your own fault!! There is plenty of delicious food to eat!

ENTERTAINMENT

2015: Winston has done a superb job! Love all the EC’s. Do not miss Wednesday’s Fetish Show! Or Friday’s Rock Star Show!

2016: DITTO AGAIN! YAY! Love all the nightly shows! Watch every one!

EARNING HEDO BUCKS

2015 & 2016….I am a Hedo buck ho’!!!! Any way I can get ‘em. We LOVE bocce ball. So, when you figure…playing bocce ball everyday we earned 40.00 just by playing bocce ball! Entering the contests…dressing for theme night..you name it, I love it! Thanks to all ya’ll that voted for my theme night outfits! So what did we learn today kids????
    HE-DO BUCKS,HE-DO BUCKS!!!! Collect them, use them, and don’t lose them!

THE PEOPLE

2015: First time ever going with the WWW Group. And we had an ABSOLUTE BLAST! A great group of fine folks! So much so, we re-booked with them as soon as we got home! Also immediately booking another trip sure does help beat the DIF! We met soooo many of you peeps and can’t wait to see you next year!

2016: WHEW! What an awesome trip! Once again DITTO the ABSOLUTE BLAST with WWW!!!!! To everyone we met….SOOOO darn many of you! M&K..thanks so much for the awesome rainy day activity of making our name beads! Perfect timing! M&B(B, did you pay attention in A’s rolling class?? M, I finally have a dance partner that actually likes to dance more than I do! YAY!) L&L….LOL!! How is your CLAM, L?? HAAAHAAAA! I still say you need to patent that! The other L…Any SQUIRTS lately! HAAAAA! D&N, D we need to invent a pill/med that allows our men to wake up happy after a nap. N, can someone say brownie? J&P sure missed ya’ll after you left! And definitely ready for the Hobie cat races next year! WOOHOO! T&C…watch out after T has her espresso..can you say jumping bean? J C&E Thanks for the jello shots! And loved your tu-tu J To everyone else we look forward to seeing all you again next year! Cheers to all the Bocce Ballers!!! Thanks to Denny for allowing us a way to give back to the community with our gifts for the children. Get well fast Denny! Oh! Almost forgot to mention we won a free night at the WWW Welcome party! Thank you M&K for not showing up so we could win! HEHE..Once again we are already booked for next year WWW…

AND LASTLY…..

The Country and Rock group….

HMMM, seems I am quite on the fence about this. This group did not interfere with the usual Hedo night time shows except for the 2nd Friday we were there. If we would have been like most other people only going for 1 week then we would have been upset to miss Winston and Miguel’s Rock Star Show. Luckily we saw it the week before. During the afternoon we like to be on the beach, but hearing the “Country Rock” band goingon up at the Nude pool during the afternoon was just not right. It took away the Hedo vibe that we all love in the afternoons. The night bands were ok, but 1 was definitely A LOT better than the other. There were 3 bands. The Country band only performed once. Luckily cause I don’t like Country. Yes, Were from Texas but don’t listen to Country. The first band that played(303)did get us dancing. We had our own party going on down by the waterslide plunge pool. The other band was ok. BUT, BUT, BUT…….If you are performing twice at the same venue with basically the same audience then why sing the same songs??? BOTH nights?? So, anywho….if they are there again next year will I dance to their music? Of course! Although I hope the Disco is ready by then!!!! If it weren’t for the Disco/Piano bar issue I wonder if they would have had much of an audience? And if they do come back….SURELY they won’t sing the same songs! I’m sure a happy medium can be achieved…it’s HEDO after all!!

So, now you know why I called the 2015 report “The Full Circle” WHEW! I started from the top and worked my way allll the way around!

All in all, we once again had a wonderful time with WWW. Thanks to everyone we met that contributed to our vacation fun! See you in 2017!

Until next time….RESPECT always.
    Armando and Tiffany
    Tiffany and Armando
    Hedonism II December 3-12, 2022 with WWW.
    Hedonism II December 2-11, 2021 with WWW.
    Hedonism II December 4-14, 2019 with WWW.
    Hedonism II November 29-December 8, 2018 with WWW.
    Hedonism II November 30-December 9, 2017 with WWW.
    Hedonism II December 1-10, 2016 with WWW.
    Hedonism II December 3-12, 2015 with WWW.
    Hedonism II April 18-27, 2013.
    Hedonism II May 5-14, 2011.
    Temptation Cancun September 3-10, 2011.
    Hedonism II 2009 & 2007

miss you too. great report

Great "comparison" trip report...really enjoyed reading it. Thanks for posting
    s
    St. Martin, FWI, 1991-2011
    Hedonism II -January 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016 (x2), 2017
    Cayo Largo, Cuba, December 1-7, 2014
    Hedonism II - April 10-17, 2016 K&A Spring Fling
    Hedonism II - April 16-23, 2017 K&A Spring Fling
    Hedonism II - April 8-15, 2018 K&A Spring Fling
    Hedo 2 April 14-21, 2019 K&A Spring Fling
    H2 April 8-17, 2022 K&A Spring Fling

"If you want something you've never had, you must be willing to do something you've never done" - Thomas Jefferson

Great report. It was nice to meet you in the pool. Perhaps we'll meet again next year.

Great report. We can't wait to see you guys next year. We booked today!!

Join us by calling 888.242.1055 or email info@wildwomenvacations.com
    The Playful Pussycats

Great report. I love the direct comparison. Interesting how things bug you at first, then time seems to improve things.
    Hedo II - WWV/Hedo Amigos - March 14-21, 2020
    Hedo II - March 9-16, 2019
    Hedo II - WWV/Playful Pussycats - April 2017
    Hedo II - WWV/Hedo Amigos - March 2016

Last edited by Wedo2; 12-15-2017 at 11:23 PM.

really liked the yearly comparison idea. might need to steal that from you for our report from our upcoming third.
    Hedonism, the Virgin Trip: March 21-28, 2015
    Hedonism, the Sequel: 3/16-3/26, 2016. Ten days this time around because more is always better.
    Hedonism, Part 3: 3/24-4/1 2017 Swing into Spring group
    Hedonism 2018: Taking the year off to pay some damn bills. DIF is horrible!:
    Hedonism IV: 3/22-3/30 2019 Twister's Swing Break. Let's do this! Can't wait to get back!
    Hedonism V: 3/24/23-4/1/23. Finally back home again!

SLS: HedoCpl62

We are all booked and ready to go again next year!! We will need to plan on something this summer though, once is year is just not enough to hang out with you guys!!
    First Trip June 15-25 2015!!!
    2nd Trip Dec 2-11 2015
    3rd Trip Dec 1-10 2016
    4th Trip Nov 30-Dec9 2017 (If not sooner!)

Quote Originally Posted by kshew97 View Post
    We are all booked and ready to go again next year!! We will need to plan on something this summer though, once is year is just not enough to hang out with you guys!!
    AGREED!!.....and great trip report

Quote Originally Posted by PeasnapodX2 View Post
    miss you too. great report
    We miss yall too!! Maybe we can meet up next December???
    Tiffany and Armando
    Hedonism II 2009 & 2007

AWWW... *kisskiss* *hughug*...We do miss all yall!!!!

D&N.....We will be stalking yall on Facebook to see where your travels take you. Sure going to miss you in December.
    Tiffany and Armando
    Hedonism II 2009 & 2007

AWWW... *kisskiss* *hughug*...We do miss all yall!!!!

D&N.....We will be stalking yall on Facebook to see where your travels take you. Sure going to miss you in December.

GEEEEEEZ why did this post twice!? Computer must have had too many brownies today....
    Last edited by butterynip; 01-07-2017 at 12:29 PM.
    Tiffany and Armando
    Hedonism II 2009 & 2007

Quote Originally Posted by Wedo2 View Post
    Great trip report from a awesome couple.
    And will we see ya'll again next year as well???????
    Tiffany and Armando
    Hedonism II 2009 & 2007

Last edited by Wedo2; 12-15-2017 at 11:23 PM.