Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Any tips on how to just "let go" of my previous trip body image jitters

distractions work - actually doing _something_ other than 'just being nude' seems to work- @ H3, the pool volleyball games were awesome for people focusing on playing, and not worrying about / focusing on being nude. snorkeling, paddle ball, frisbee, anything of that nature.

One thing that also works for us is we are both fitness oriented. My wife works out like a crazy lady, and I run, lots. And while neither of us are anything close to Ken and Barbie, we DO put lots of time and effort into staying healthy and fit. This helps us psychologically when we want to show off a bit and we're NOT the fittest, hot model couple seen in all the advertising brochures, web site or social media. We know we've put in the work...and well, we are proud of it...and if we're proud???? Well that's what matters most.

Practice, practice, practice!! We had to ease into the nude vacation thing, and it took us awhile, but the more we do it, the more we can't wait until the next trip.

Registered User Naughty Nudists's Avatar
    My old and awful body type does not really bother me because once I get to Hedo I realize I am in fact Invisible.We are together and everyone is looking at Her,not me.Meanwhile I get to enjoy lots of beautiful scenery and meet lots of beautiful smiling people.
    It's an awesome thing!

Blog Entries
    We are all programmed to worry about what others may think of us. We don't want to set ourselves up for humiliation. Every magazine ad is telling us that we are not good enough unless we use their product. What is the worst that can happen if you are not up to somebody else's standards of beauty? Will they gossip? Will they point? Maybe, but if they do, that is their problem. I have never seen anybody ostracized at H2 over body image. The sexiest people at H2 are not the Barby and Kens. I find H2 to be therapeutic for that reason. Everyone is beautiful there depending on their attitude.

Quote Originally Posted by clary1 View Post
    We are all programmed to worry about what others may think of us. We don't want to set ourselves up for humiliation. Every magazine ad is telling us that we are not good enough unless we use their product. What is the worst that can happen if you are not up to somebody else's standards of beauty? Will they gossip? Will they point? Maybe, but if they do, that is their problem. I have never seen anybody ostracized at H2 over body image. The sexiest people at H2 are not the Barby and Kens. I find H2 to be therapeutic for that reason. Everyone is beautiful there depending on their attitude.
    Totally agree with this post, even Hedo puts out ads with the Barbie and Ken models, which in fact is far from the truth. We have found in our experience that the age range is anywhere from 21—77, weight range 100—400 lbs, height range 4' 8"—6' 8", every conceivable operation scar and even amputations…and as many body types as there are stars in the sky. The outer package is irrelevant, what really matters is the hidden gem that may be inside.
    s
    St. Martin, FWI, 1991-2011
    Hedonism II -January 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016 (x2), 2017
    Cayo Largo, Cuba, December 1-7, 2014
    Hedonism II - April 10-17, 2016 K&A Spring Fling
    Hedonism II - April 16-23, 2017 K&A Spring Fling
    Hedonism II - April 8-15, 2018 K&A Spring Fling
    Hedo 2 April 14-21, 2019 K&A Spring Fling
    H2 April 8-17, 2022 K&A Spring Fling

"If you want something you've never had, you must be willing to do something you've never done" - Thomas Jefferson

Registered User Naughty Nudists's Avatar
    The people I remember and think about the most are Always the ones with the outstanding personalities.Oh,and they are always female,because,let's not forget this,Hedo really is all about the ladies.The guys are just there to haul their bags and fetch drinks and such for the most part.I can see why the ladies think Hedo is basically a beauty pageant of sorts,but trust me on this,it really isn't.Nobody is going to judge you in a negative way for your looks but you will be better accepted if you're positive and friendly or at least not rude or demanding.

Two words ....F@ck it ........as easy as that ...took me and my wife 2 full days ( wasted days ) before we conquered our fear day thee we said F@ck it and our holiday at Hedo started can't wait to return

Rum punch and Bob Marley works well................................

We all struggle with the same thoughts and self doubts. The best thing for my self esteem was sucking it up, dropping trow and jumping in the nude pool. Very quickly I learned a few fun Hedo facts:
    1 - no one is looking at the guys (may not help you, was very helpful for me)
    2 - without clothes, accessories, excess makeup and hair products (some folks are still pretty done up, but it is a pool after all) people actually look a lot more alike than you think.
    3 - the majority of folks there all feel the same way, a little nervous at first and very accepting of others. People will help you overcome your fears, with compliments, shots, friendly introductions, shots and just generally being nice. It really is the best place in the world.
    Everything you are worrying about seems pretty normal but is completely unnecessary. There is a reason we all say, "once you go you'll know."
    Enjoy every minute of your trip because waiting for the next one sucks.

PS - Is it March yet? I have DIF and want to go back

I don't know if this would help with pre-gitters, but I have a suggestion for when you get there...

It's true that many people are nervous their first time, or even their first day of every visit. Make an effort to spot someone who may look nervous and go talk to them. The act of helping someone with their gitters will likely distract you from yours. By focusing on someone else and being helpful, you will exude confidence and thoughtfulness... which most of us find sexy (regardless of body type).

Personality is more important than looks... but that only helps if you have a good personality
    Hedo II - WWV/Hedo Amigos - March 14-21, 2020
    Hedo II - March 9-16, 2019
    Hedo II - WWV/Playful Pussycats - April 2017
    Hedo II - WWV/Hedo Amigos - March 2016

Yes I agree! We set ourselves up thinking we will be humiliated knowing full well that is not the case ....sigh.....I hate media and magazines and even the hedo website makes us women feel bad against the "professional photos" they have. Thanks for your words of encouragement!

I agree with what you say that working out does make you feel better about yourself. Now I am not a sporty body type and yes overweight but I do use my elliptical and exercise bike 4 times a week but afterwards I feel good. Thanks for your words of encouragement!

Quote Originally Posted by jchotcouple View Post
    Yes I agree! We set ourselves up thinking we will be humiliated knowing full well that is not the case ....sigh.....I hate media and magazines and even the hedo website makes us women feel bad against the "professional photos" they have.
    I think the professional photos are to combat that 'old saying' - "I went to a nude beach where I wished people weren't nude".
    To me that always struck me as aristocratic "I wish to be amused/pleased - show me pleasant looking people" - which isn't the point of Hedo at all.

When I was hesitant before my first trip, over a decade ago, someone said something to the effect that Hedo folks are really a cross section - think of any day at a Target store - there are thin attractive folks, and there are larger less 'traditionally' attractive folks, but all are friendly and are a pleasure to hang out with, and pretty consistently NOT turning their noses up at anyone.

Danny Boy you aren't the only guy who feels like he's swinging above his weight class (haha) a lot of the time. These days, we just get naked as soon as we possibly can and hit the pool. After a drink and 20 minutes, we've usually made some friends and we're good for the rest of the trip.

Oh, and Nat thinks you are an attractive guy, so put that in the bank ;-)

-R

Quote Originally Posted by Danny Boy View Post
    Being self-conscious is something we all go through. Men and woman alike. The truth of the matter is we almost always critique ourselves much harsher than those around us. If it makes you feel better my wife and I have been to Hedo three times now and Desire twice. Now my wife is drop dead gorgeous which doesnt help my insecurities any, but on this last trip to Hedo a beautifull much younger woman approached me and started chatting away. We had a great conversation and she even got a little handsy with me (which i loved, who wouldnt). But when she walked away i turned to my wife and said "her husband must really want to get with you". My wife said in response that maybe this girl just wanted to get with you did you even think of that. To this day even after multiple trips i still look in the mirror and wonder what anyone would see in this...lol. Someday i hope to be over it and just relax but i certainly feel your pain. Just remember we never see oursleves the way others do. All we see is the flaws and imperfections. Truly genuine people will see the personality and if it comes with an amazing body well thats just a plus!
    Be the kind fun person im sure you are and rest assured that others are just looking at the best parts of your body!
    N&R

Counting Down to Trips 6, 7, and 8:
    Playful Pussycats - April 22 - 29, 2018
    Young Swingers Week - July 21 - 26, 2018
    Playful Pussycats - October 19 - 28, 2018
    (yes, we're addicted)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12