Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Virgin Trip to Hedo in March

Virgin Trip to Hedo in March

Hi Everyone,

We will be at Hedo March 25th through April 1st. This is our virgin trip to Jamaica or to a nudist resort, so we are very nervous about baring it all.

We've bought the Mrs. a few theme outfits for the nightly events, but trying to keep a reasonable budget is hard to do.

As we plan our trip, we've come up with lots of questions on various subjects. Any advice or personal experience would be greatly appreciated:

Off-Site Excursions and Daytime Activities:
    Is there a set schedule of daytime games/activities throughout the week? If so, we'll plan around those dates, so we don't miss some of the really fun activities.
    We are planning 2 daytime excursions and 1 off-site romantic dinner. Our daytime excursions will be Mayfield Falls and private boat trip (snorkeling, caves & Booby Cay island). Should I book these ahead of time or with the Hedo concierge?
    Any recommendations on a romantic dinner?
    Does anyone have experience with the Hedo Beachside private dinner?

Spa:
    Are same-day appointments available for massages and spa treatments or should we book in advance?
    Does anyone have any experience with the following massages: Native's Touch, Caribbean Riddim or Zen Massage?
    How are the Facials (talking about the spa not by the pool ), Body Scrubs, Body Treatments, Spa Packages and Wet Room Treatments?
    Can any of the massages and spa treatments be done beach side?
    Can gratuity be added to the resort bill or should we pay that in cash?

Fitness Center:
    Are there yoga classes or does schedule vary by week?
    The Hedo site says there is a Certified Personal Trainer. Does anyone have any experience with the kind of workout this person provides? Can you do a one-on-one or two-on-one session with the Trainer? (talking about a workout, not in the bedroom. )
    Are there yoga classes outdoors or on the beach?

Room:
    We'll be staying in a Premium Ocean View Nude Jacuzzi Suite.
    The pictures I've seen shows a sliding door leading to the jacuzzi and beach, is that the main and only way in and out of the Suite?
    I read somewhere those rooms have keypad code locks so a keycard is not necessary. Is that correct?

Gifts & Treats:
    We are thinking of bringing treats and putting together care packages for certain Hedo staff members. I know every person from management to the groundskeeper make Hedo a special place, but how many directly impact your stay there? We plan on bringing a few bags of mini-chocolate candies to leave at the front desk for the enjoyment of everyone. We are also putting together a dozen care packages for those that directly impact our stay which will contain school supplies, OTC meds, toiletries, etc... I'm figuring these will go to a couple of the housekeepers, bartenders, water-sports staff, entertainment staff, management, front-desk staff, security, and fitness personal. Without knowing if any of these people will be there on our last day, how do you ensure it gets into their hands? Also, we want to be sensitive to the other staff members who are not getting care packages, so what is the best way to discretely hand these off? Are we allowed to invite staff to our room to pick-up the care packages? How many different housekeepers will you get during a 1-week stay and will turndown service be done by the same daytime housekeeper?

Misc Questions:
    Is there a body painter at the resort? We've never done it and would love do it at Hedo. (That's a good Hedo tag line. )
    What is the size of the in-room safe? We'll have lots of gifts and will want to keep those safe.
    For the ladies, if Aunt Flo pays a visit during your vacation, how do you handle it on the nude side?
    Does anyone have experience with the Female Condom (FC2)? The convenience is it is inserted like a softcup and can be worn for a few hours before playtime. It looks like a good alternative for partners who know each, but it could be a surprise for spontaneous play with a new partner. The outer ring sticks out of the vajayjay (not really sexy) and the male partner has to slide within the ring. (thinking star wars..."Stay on target... Stay on target.").

That's all for now and thanks all for reading our lengthy post.

xoxo,
    luv2btouch
    Hedo 1st trip - March 25, 2017 - April 1, 2017 with Swing Into Spring (Char Travel)
    Hedo 2nd trip - March 23, 2018 - March 31, 2018 with Swing Into Spring (Char Travel)

I love the way you worded some of your questions, ROTFLMAO. Look forward to the replies as we are Hedo virgins too, and have many of the same questions. PLUR

WOW! So many questions. We are going the same time as you and this will be our 5th trip. First let us say we were nervous the first time we went like you. The best advice we got about Hedo was right on here. Get checked in go to your room, throw your luggage on the bed, drop your street clothing on the floor, grab you oversize mug/cup, and head right to the nude pool. Once your there you will forget all about the questions you have listed. Hope to meet you at the nude pool bar, first round is on us...
    March 22-30 2013 Was our first trip of many to come. We had a blast with everyone, and I can see each trip getting better, and better.

March 28th 2014 plans to be an even better trip then 2013!!

March 27th 2015 hope to meet many old friends and make even more new friends

March 24th to April 2nd. Runaway Repeaters & Swing Into Spring

March 25th to April 3rd 2017. Going with the great people in SWING INTO SPRING aganin!

"Disclaimer - that is not us in the avatar picture"

I know this response is not the answers you are seeking but I have to say I love the Star Wars reference. "Stay on target... Stay on target." I am cracking up. I recently sent out an email at work about some department goals and signed off on the email with the same quote. Certainly a different scenario but similar meaning. For the record, according to the interweb, the quote is credited to Red Five.
    Popped our cherry with Kitten and Angel's group, April 2015.
    Returned again with Kitten and Angel's group from April 8th to the 17th, 2016.
    Hoping to go again with K&A in 2017 (Let's just say I hope the new furnace doesn't cost too much. Who needs heat anyway?) Crossing our fingers.

Registered User jeanie_hotpants's Avatar

A few answers

Hello and Welcome! Wow, that is a lot of questions. I've been to Hedonism II 4 times, so I will answer what I can for you.

Is there a set schedule of daytime games/activities throughout the week? If so, we'll plan around those dates, so we don't miss some of the really fun activities. The resort has a handout when you arrive with the daily schedule, but keep in mind that it is on Jamaican time and some things don't happen at all.
    We are planning 2 daytime excursions and 1 off-site romantic dinner. Our daytime excursions will be Mayfield Falls and private boat trip (snorkeling, caves & Booby Cay island). Should I book these ahead of time or with the Hedo concierge? I would suggest waiting to book at the resort. You might be surprised at how much "sand gravity" takes effect. You might be enjoying/exploring so much your first time that you don't leave the resort at all. The catamaran cruises to the caves or to Rick's are a lot of fun and you can be nude for quite a bit of it.
    Any recommendations on a romantic dinner? I can't offer an opinion here, but I have seen other threads here on this topic.
    Does anyone have experience with the Hedo Beachside private dinner? I don't

Spa:
    Are same-day appointments available for massages and spa treatments or should we book in advance? I believe you are fine to book same day.
    Does anyone have any experience with the following massages: Native's Touch, Caribbean Riddim or Zen Massage? I've had the couples massage twice at Hedo. They were very good and professional.
    How are the Facials (talking about the spa not by the pool ), Body Scrubs, Body Treatments, Spa Packages and Wet Room Treatments? I got a free sugar scrub after massage once because our appointment began late. It was wonderful!
    Can any of the massages and spa treatments be done beach side? I believe there is a massage hut down at the beach, at least there used to be.
    Can gratuity be added to the resort bill or should we pay that in cash? I paid with credit card and included tip there.

Fitness Center:
    Are there yoga classes or does schedule vary by week? Not that I am aware of, but I think I have seen some groups have special exercise sessions put on by members of the group. .
    The Hedo site says there is a Certified Personal Trainer. Does anyone have any experience with the kind of workout this person provides? Can you do a one-on-one or two-on-one session with the Trainer? I can't speak on this one either.
    Are there yoga classes outdoors or on the beach? See above.

Room:
    The pictures I've seen shows a sliding door leading to the jacuzzi and beach, is that the main and only way in and out of the Suite? Last time I stayed in a Jacuzzi room was before the renovations, so I might have out of date info here. The room had a regular front entrance door from the sidewalk (1st floor) or boardwalk(2nd floor) like any other room, but also has a slider (back door) where regular rooms only have a window. The slider had to be locked from inside, so when you left the room or returned to the room it was thru the front entrance.
    I read somewhere those rooms have keypad code locks so a keycard is not necessary. Is that correct? Maybe with the new renovation, but not to my knowledge.

Gifts & Treats:
    We are thinking of bringing treats and putting together care packages for certain Hedo staff members. I know every person from management to the groundskeeper make Hedo a special place, but how many directly impact your stay there? We plan on bringing a few bags of mini-chocolate candies to leave at the front desk for the enjoyment of everyone. We are also putting together a dozen care packages for those that directly impact our stay which will contain school supplies, OTC meds, toiletries, etc... I'm figuring these will go to a couple of the housekeepers, bartenders, water-sports staff, entertainment staff, management, front-desk staff, security, and fitness personal. Without knowing if any of these people will be there on our last day, how do you ensure it gets into their hands? Also, we want to be sensitive to the other staff members who are not getting care packages, so what is the best way to discretely hand these off? Are we allowed to invite staff to our room to pick-up the care packages? How many different housekeepers will you get during a 1-week stay and will turndown service be done by the same daytime housekeeper? As you may have already read here, cash tips are prohibited and an employee could lose their job if they are seen taking one. Gifting them with care packages is probably another story, but it might be safest to leave them with the front desk at the end of your stay with name tags on them, so that they don't get into trouble.

Misc Questions:
    Is there a body painter at the resort? We've never done it and would love do it at Hedo. (That's a good Hedo tag line. ) I've seen groups hire or bring one along, but not one available from the resort.
    What is the size of the in-room safe? We'll have lots of gifts and will want to keep those safe. I have a 17" laptop that just barely fits in it and there about 3" of space on top of it to put other items like wallets, passports, cameras, phones.
    For the ladies, if Aunt Flo pays a visit during your vacation, how do you handle it on the nude side? Instead soft cups worked for me and they are available at Walmart.
    Does anyone have experience with the Female Condom (FC2)? Not me

I hope that helps a little bit. I'm sure others will weigh in. Don't sweat the small stuff. Relax and go with the flow. Hedo is an amazing place!

Jeanie
    Jeanie Hotpants

Past trips:
    May 4-11, 2019 with the Fluffernutters for Princess Week
    March 2016 with Hedo Amigos
    Sept 2011 with Hellians
    Sept 2010 with Hellians
    Aug 2009

Rondog & twoforfun - Thanks! After seeing how many questions I had, I thought I should add some humor to it.

DelCouple - Thanks for the advice! This is our 1st extended vacation without our kids in 16+ years. I've always been very detailed minded when planning family vacations, so it's a habit I have to break for this trip. See you in March. We also booked with Char.

jeanie_hotpants - Thank you so much for your responses and advice! It is all very helpful.
    Hedo 1st trip - March 25, 2017 - April 1, 2017 with Swing Into Spring (Char Travel)
    Hedo 2nd trip - March 23, 2018 - March 31, 2018 with Swing Into Spring (Char Travel)

Get in touch with Char and get her to get you on the Swing Into Spring FaceBook page, that way you can meet others who are going the same week as you. It is a private group.
    March 22-30 2013 Was our first trip of many to come. We had a blast with everyone, and I can see each trip getting better, and better.

March 25th to April 3rd 2017. Going with the great people in SWING INTO SPRING aganin!

Cool

Hey Luv2btouch,

We will be there from March 24th-April 1st and since you booked the same room as we did, we might actually even be neighbors. I'll apologize for the loud music already haha. this will be our third trip so I will try to give you some helpful answers. One thing I can 100% clear up for you is there is a keypad entrance for the sliding glass door. We really, really love this feature. Not only do you not have to carry a card around it makes it so easy to go back and forth from the beach and nude pool.

Hi Everyone,

We will be at Hedo March 25th through April 1st. This is our virgin trip to Jamaica or to a nudist resort, so we are very nervous about baring it all. Totally get the nerves but please, please, please just rip the clothes off right away and jump in with both feet. One of the truly magical things about Hedo is you will quickly start to throw away all the negative body issues we all carry around. Read thru the trip reports and one common theme you will find is that as their trip progresses people actually start to embrace their bodies and any perceived "faults."

We've bought the Mrs. a few theme outfits for the nightly events, but trying to keep a reasonable budget is hard to do. You don't necessarily need to do every night if you don't want to. In our experience the most participated nights are Glow Night ( a lot of fun, bring extra glowsticks to make friends), Toga night, Fetish Night and then School Girl.) Do whatever you'd like as it is your vacation but i would not feel pressured to participate in every theme night.

As we plan our trip, we've come up with lots of questions on various subjects. Any advice or personal experience would be greatly appreciated:

Is there a set schedule of daytime games/activities throughout the week? If so, we'll plan around those dates, so we don't miss some of the really fun activities.
    We are planning 2 daytime excursions and 1 off-site romantic dinner. Our daytime excursions will be Mayfield Falls and private boat trip (snorkeling, caves & Booby Cay island). Should I book these ahead of time or with the Hedo concierge? I don't know anything about a private boat trip but for us we absolutely love the catamaran cruises that are on tuesdays and thursdays (saturday too but you won't be there for those). I believe the tuesday one is a mid morning departure and gets back at like 130 or 2. That one has a stop off to do some snorkeling and goes to a cave that you can swim into. The Thursday one is a sunset cruise to Rick's Cafe and leaves at 330 and gets back at about 630 or 7, just after sunset. Rick's cafe is what it is, just a tourist trap but it is fun as long as you know what you are getting into. The real appeal of that cruise is the sunset, which is just amazing. Beyond the destinations of the cruises the cruise themselves are a great party. Reggae music blaring and super strong rum punch makes for a great time!
    Any recommendations on a romantic dinner? no experience on the beachside or offsite romantic dinner. We have talked about these things but sand gravity is a real things and affects us worse than others
    Does anyone have experience with the Hedo Beachside private dinner?

Spa:
    Are same-day appointments available for massages and spa treatments or should we book in advance? Same days are available, schedule dependent obviously. The girls who do the massages actually walk the beach trying to book appointments. Just approach them if they don't get to you first and you will be good to go.
    Does anyone have any experience with the following massages: Native's Touch, Caribbean Riddim or Zen Massage?
    How are the Facials (talking about the spa not by the pool ), Body Scrubs, Body Treatments, Spa Packages and Wet Room Treatments? Wife did a couple of these last year (seaweed wrap I think) and gave it thumbs up.
    Can any of the massages and spa treatments be done beach side? Yes but if you want it to be more peaceful choose the location that is in between the nude pool and the clothing optional side. The massage area by the nude pool is much louder as the nude pool is where the party is at.
    Can gratuity be added to the resort bill or should we pay that in cash?There is a no tipping policy so we have not tipped. This is usually a hot button issue on the form and my guess is if you wanted to tip them it would be quite easy to do it discreetly but keep in mind if they are seen taking anything they can be fired

Fitness Center:
    Are there yoga classes or does schedule vary by week?Two trips I have packed workout clothes and two years I did not get any workouts in. See sand gravity comment above lol
    The Hedo site says there is a Certified Personal Trainer. Does anyone have any experience with the kind of workout this person provides? Can you do a one-on-one or two-on-one session with the Trainer? (talking about a workout, not in the bedroom. )
    Are there yoga classes outdoors or on the beach?

Room:
    The pictures I've seen shows a sliding door leading to the jacuzzi and beach, is that the main and only way in and out of the Suite?There is a front door as well.
    I read somewhere those rooms have keypad code locks so a keycard is not necessary. Is that correct?

Gifts & Treats:
    We are thinking of bringing treats and putting together care packages for certain Hedo staff members. I know every person from management to the groundskeeper make Hedo a special place, but how many directly impact your stay there? We plan on bringing a few bags of mini-chocolate candies to leave at the front desk for the enjoyment of everyone. We are also putting together a dozen care packages for those that directly impact our stay which will contain school supplies, OTC meds, toiletries, etc... I'm figuring these will go to a couple of the housekeepers, bartenders, water-sports staff, entertainment staff, management, front-desk staff, security, and fitness personal. Without knowing if any of these people will be there on our last day, how do you ensure it gets into their hands? Also, we want to be sensitive to the other staff members who are not getting care packages, so what is the best way to discretely hand these off? Are we allowed to invite staff to our room to pick-up the care packages? How many different housekeepers will you get during a 1-week stay and will turndown service be done by the same daytime housekeeper?

Misc Questions:
    Is there a body painter at the resort? We've never done it and would love do it at Hedo. (That's a good Hedo tag line. )
    What is the size of the in-room safe? We'll have lots of gifts and will want to keep those safe. it is not that big. Im gonna guess and say it is 12 inches by 12 inches. Just enough for phones, wallets, purses, an iPad. That kind of stuff.
    For the ladies, if Aunt Flo pays a visit during your vacation, how do you handle it on the nude side?
    Does anyone have experience with the Female Condom (FC2)? The convenience is it is inserted like a softcup and can be worn for a few hours before playtime. It looks like a good alternative for partners who know each, but it could be a surprise for spontaneous play with a new partner. The outer ring sticks out of the vajayjay (not really sexy) and the male partner has to slide within the ring. (thinking star wars..."Stay on target... Stay on target.").

That's all for now and thanks all for reading our lengthy post.

If I didn't answer them all it is because I just don't have an good answer for you. As you are probably experiencing one of the best parts of a Hedo trip is the time leading up to it. Please feel free to shoot us a message if you have any other questions. And if you want to know if we do indeed end up becoming your neighbor just look for rubber duckies in the jacuzzi. That will be us!

xoxo,
    luv2btouch
    Hedonism, the Virgin Trip: March 21-28, 2015
    Hedonism, the Sequel: 3/16-3/26, 2016. Ten days this time around because more is always better.
    Hedonism, Part 3: 3/24-4/1 2017 Swing into Spring group
    Hedonism 2018: Taking the year off to pay some damn bills. DIF is horrible!:
    Hedonism IV: 3/22-3/30 2019 Twister's Swing Break. Let's do this! Can't wait to get back!
    Hedonism V: 3/24/23-4/1/23. Finally back home again!

SLS: HedoCpl62

Ugg now that my reply posted, the color red looks horrible. Sorry! Hopefully you can read it.
    Hedonism, the Sequel: 3/16-3/26, 2016. Ten days this time around because more is always better.
    Hedonism IV: 3/22-3/30 2019 Twister's Swing Break. Let's do this! Can't wait to get back!

ChiTown's answers are right on the money. The only other thing we to offer is this: Your vacation can be everything you want it to be, just don't over think things. Once you get there just let the people you are at home go and roll with the Hedo flow. You will make so many great friends and they will be friends for life. Trust us on that.

ChiTownHedoCpl - Thank you for taking the time to respond. Your responses and advice are all very helpful. We definitely plan on taking it as easy as possible.

About the yoga/fitness, I told the wife that if there is a yoga class, I'll finally do a yoga session with her. .

Look out for us too...we'll probably be the ones that somehow 'accidently' locked ourselves in our room and couldn't find a way out.

Quote Originally Posted by luv2btouch View Post
    ChiTownHedoCpl - Thank you for taking the time to respond. Your responses and advice are all very helpful. We definitely plan on taking it as easy as possible.

About the yoga/fitness, I told the wife that if there is a yoga class, I'll finally do a yoga session with her. .

Look out for us too...we'll probably be the ones that somehow 'accidently' locked ourselves in our room and couldn't find a way out.
    You're welcome! Last year i think they did nude yoga on the beach but I believe that may have been an event of the group hosting. If you get locked in your room ,don't worry, there will be plenty of volunteers to ahem...rescue you.

Quote Originally Posted by DelCouple View Post
    Get in touch with Char and get her to get you on the Swing Into Spring FaceBook page, that way you can meet others who are going the same week as you. It is a private group.
    Is the FB page active yet for Swing into Spring? I emailed Jim and Char a month or so ago and was told it was not up and running yet. If it is up and running I will email them again

yea I was just on to check and see.

Quote Originally Posted by DelCouple View Post
    yea I was just on to check and see.
    Dammit ok thanks i will email them again. Thanks!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast