Thread: Newbie Report - Dec 4-11, 2016

Newbie Report - Dec 4-11, 2016

My girlfriend & I got back last night from our 1st trip to Hedo (aka Sandals - yes we walked down the beach to get some photos we can share with family & friends - Hedo should set up a room with a Sandals or Couples backdrop for the mandatory family/friends photos) and we are ready to head back as mother nature had a nasty surprise for us as we received a foot of snow overnight.

As 1st timers, what words can we use to describe Hedo: OMG, WOW, BEST PLACE EVER.

We had an amazing time from the time we arrived HOME until we left. We thought that our research on ATF & FB had prepared us to experience Hedo but reading about it and actually experiencing Hedo are not the same. It all started on the shuttle provided by our tour company from Mobay to Negril. The driver needed to confirm who was on the bus, The Rui group raised their hands then the Couples crowd and then he asked for the Hedo group and us & another couple raised our hands and all the husbands wanted to talk to us while their wives tried to hush them.

The best way to describe our experience is to break it down by topic:

Staff
    Simply put the Hedo staff are amazing. It started with the front desk crew who met us with big smiles & drinks in hand. The bar staff & servers were always their to ensure you didn't go without. The activities/entertainment crew made sure the guests had a great time.

Accommodations
    We had booked a GVP Room but we were upgrade when we arrived to a GVN room. We were in 2154 which was a standard room with a King bed. It was centrally located so it was easy to pop by the room anytime we needed. The loud noises from the entertainment of the pool deck or courtyard didn't bother us as we were usually one of the last to leave the party.

People
    We met & hung out with some amazing people. It is truly the people who make Hedo a fantastic place. We had connected with some people on ATF & FB before heading south so it helped make quick friendships. When we arrived at the nude pool on Sunday afternoon, WhoDoHedoWeDo were waiting for us with big smiles & jello shots. As we were not with a group, they introduced us to many of the members of the WWW & Country/Rock groups and had a blast partying with all the groups all week. We met many ATF members: HedoQueen, NewbiesNoMore, Wedo2, Tundra14, nkdcpl, dalphnelson and many more. One suggestion is that ATF members should wear their handles with their name beads as it would make it easier to identify each other.

Activities
    We hung out at the nude beach & pool most of the days. We loved the atmosphere, drinking, shooting shots (except the Jamaican Car Bomb - I did it but don't recommend it) & partying with everyone. At the beginning my girlfriend was a little uncomfortable with all the PDAs (or as she called them PDFs - Public Displays of Fucking) going on but she grew more comfortable and by the end of the week we were calling them out to each other, "PDF at 2 o'clock". She even enjoyed the floating sundae in the pool that WhoDoHedoWeDo prepared on Saturday.

It was Country Rock week at Hedo so there where live bands most nights. We danced & partied all night to the 303 Band & Pop Friction. We also loved the Foam Party & Friday night DJ in the courtyard. Where else can you dance in the buff until you drop.

We also partook in the Tues snorkeling/cave trip catamaran cruise & had a great time with amazing people. We went snorkeling out at the Island on Thursday. I wish I had brought my GoPro to Jamaica as the fish & reefs were really cool.

Food
    The dining was average. The buffet & Pastafari were ok but nothing special. We really liked Flame & Harrysan (oh ya!). We really enjoyed the late night pizza at the nude grill. Nothing better than a late night pizza & show at the hot tub.

Weather
    Absolutely amazing 30-32 C (85-90F for our American) everyday with just a little bit of rain on Day 1.

As you can probably tell, we had an amazing time and are already thinking about our return HOME.

We are no longer Hedovirgin$ and could use some help changing our handle. Suggestions?
    Last edited by hedovirgin$; 12-13-2016 at 12:37 AM.

Hi guys! Great report, and it was fun to meet someone from so close to home, but at our "other" home! We arrived a day later than you, and found some of the services lacking when we arrived. They could not find our reservation, and there was no welcome home beverage as we had grown accustomed to! We tried to get an upgrade, even though they were not at capacity, but to no avail.

You did mention the Country Rock week, but you may not have noticed the lack of the disco, that is under renovations. In our opinion, the Country Rock week more than compensated for the closed disco, however once they left on Sunday, it got eerily quiet at the resort once the main stage enterainment was done at 10pm. A good thing that there were such nice people to hang with and to create our own entertainment.

The nude pool/hot tub/bar & grill were closed the day you left to come home. Although most moved to the prude beach, the "party" was very scattered, and the pools had very few people. I anticipated a temporary bar to be set up at the nude beach area, but there was none. Very few people were at the nude beach that day either. I don't know how much of it was due to all the construction/relocations, or whether it was due a very low occupancy, but it was very quiet and unlike Hedo on Sunday night.

Glad you both had a great time! I was hoping, however, that you would have had our driveway cleared of all the snow by the time we got home last night! Haha....

Welcome back, sorry didn't get to your driveway as I had a foot of my own snow to clear.

Forgot to mention in our report that we experienced another 1st upon our return to YOW. We got to visit the lovely Canadian Customs agents in secondary. Usually we wouldn't have cared but when the girlfriend has a foot long dong, vibrator & sexy Hedo outfits in her bag we would have rather not had our bags searched. Anyways the agent did a quick search, gave us a smile & let us go without pulling everything out. Thank god they were not filming a new episode of Border Security.

Great newbie report, thanks for taking the time to post! Sounds like you really enjoyed...and already planning a return trip.
    s
    St. Martin, FWI, 1991-2011
    Hedonism II -January 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016 (x2), 2017
    Cayo Largo, Cuba, December 1-7, 2014
    Hedonism II - April 10-17, 2016 K&A Spring Fling
    Hedonism II - April 16-23, 2017 K&A Spring Fling
    Hedonism II - April 8-15, 2018 K&A Spring Fling
    Hedo 2 April 14-21, 2019 K&A Spring Fling
    H2 April 8-17, 2022 K&A Spring Fling

"If you want something you've never had, you must be willing to do something you've never done" - Thomas Jefferson

We have had the same experience at Circus Canada, I mean Canada Customs. Search the luggage, the agent pulling out the vibrators, condoms, outfits. We just smile at them.

Quote Originally Posted by hedovirgin$ View Post
    Welcome back, sorry didn't get to your driveway as I had a foot of my own snow to clear.

Forgot to mention in our report that we experienced another 1st upon our return to YOW. We got to visit the lovely Canadian Customs agents in secondary. Usually we wouldn't have cared but when the girlfriend has a foot long dong, vibrator & sexy Hedo outfits in her bag we would have rather not had our bags searched. Anyways the agent did a quick search, gave us a smile & let us go without pulling everything out. Thank god they were not filming a new episode of Border Security.
    Hedo III Wet T-Shirt runner up, Feb 2008 - H3
    Wild Women Hedoween Oct 2009 - H3
    SwitchHitters April 2012
    Desire RM Feb 2014
    Love Voodoo Goddess Week March 2015
    Spanksgiving Nov 2017
    Ms. No Swimsuit March 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2023
    Swing Into Spring 2024-March 23-29

Great report.
    Now you know why we all say, "Once you go, you know", lol.
    Now prepare for the other phrase we call DIF
    Cop..
    Co-Hosts of kitten + angel's 15th Annual Spring Fling April 9th - 16th, 2022 (We will be onsite 4/7/22 - 4/18/22) http://www.kittennangel.com/

Quote Originally Posted by CopNkitten View Post
    Great report.
    Now you know why we all say, "Once you go, you know", lol.
    Now prepare for the other phrase we call DIF
    Cop..
    DIF has already set in....

LMFAO! Love it!

Quote Originally Posted by hedovirgin$ View Post