Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: December Nude Side Construction

December Nude Side Construction

Found out yesterday that H2 will be renovating the nude side bar and grill. Obviously, this is great news for the resort and future guests, but we feel like we will be getting cheated during that time. Any news on the resorts plan during this time?

Someone there posted on the facebook page that it is to start on 12/10 and I believe they said "Hi everyone. We just got back from a great visit home last night. The big news at the moment is that next week (or sometime in early December) The nude pool bar and grill will be under construction. The plan is that it should be complete in 18 days. It doesn't sound like they are messing with the pool at this time. I am looking forward to any updates from guests as the process occurs. I will miss the old view from the seats at the pool bar. I am sure it will be fine, but it will be different."

We made it through a visit with the entire dining area being torn apart, you guys will be fine.
    It has to be done and unfortunately it will be done while someone is there.
    Make the best of it and the next trip it will be a better place to return to.

Cop..
    Co-Hosts of kitten + angel's 15th Annual Spring Fling April 9th - 16th, 2022 (We will be onsite 4/7/22 - 4/18/22) http://www.kittennangel.com/

pourquoi story
    Last edited by JustSay; 12-03-2016 at 11:26 AM.
    Surely the Whirled Turns

Of course, Cop. I guess the disappointment is more in the lack of communication.

Quote Originally Posted by CopNkitten View Post
    Someone there posted on the facebook page that it is to start on 12/10 and I believe they said "Hi everyone. We just got back from a great visit home last night. The big news at the moment is that next week (or sometime in early December) The nude pool bar and grill will be under construction. The plan is that it should be complete in 18 days. It doesn't sound like they are messing with the pool at this time. I am looking forward to any updates from guests as the process occurs. I will miss the old view from the seats at the pool bar. I am sure it will be fine, but it will be different."

We made it through a visit with the entire dining area being torn apart, you guys will be fine.
    It has to be done and unfortunately it will be done while someone is there.
    Make the best of it and the next trip it will be a better place to return to.

Cop..

Registered User Naughty Nudists's Avatar
    A day in the midst of rubble at Hedo beats the finery of most any place else.....or something like that.....like a bad day fishing beats a good day at work.

Quote Originally Posted by Naughty Nudists View Post
    A day in the midst of rubble at Hedo beats the finery of most any place else.....or something like that.....like a bad day fishing beats a good day at work.
    Very true, but one of the things I was daydreaming about just yesterday was hanging out on the beach and walking a mere few feet to get some yummy jerk chicken, all without having to put clothes on. It makes me sad that my favorite part of a Hedo afternoon now won't happen this time around.

Forgot to say...

I love everything about Hedo, truly, but I absolutely adored the waterslide. I admit that I instigated many a "Naked waterslide!" at 2 am after the club. Yes, I understand liabilities, but nothing bad happened on my watch, lol! Going to miss two of my favorite things.

Is Gus still there? Because I don't know if I can handle a Hedo without the waterslide, nude grill/bar, and Gus!

I also greatly miss the water slide. After wearing some costumes that can be hot, it was a nice cool down at night.
    Cop..
    Last edited by CopNkitten; 12-05-2016 at 11:01 AM.
    Co-Hosts of kitten + angel's 15th Annual Spring Fling April 9th - 16th, 2022 (We will be onsite 4/7/22 - 4/18/22) http://www.kittennangel.com/

As it has been established ... from another site:

* The construction ... "is being done now as occupancy will be low and before the Winter "crush"." (3 December, 2016); followed by,
    * Hedo ... "was sold out Saturday but never felt crowded. You might not always get your preferred spot, but finding somewhere to lounge was not a problem." (again 3 December, 2016)

We have checked reservations during this time awhile back and found blocks of unavailability. 'Guess just as well.
    Surely the Whirled Turns

Registered User Naughty Nudists's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pipermaru View Post
    Very true, but one of the things I was daydreaming about just yesterday was hanging out on the beach and walking a mere few feet to get some yummy jerk chicken, all without having to put clothes on. It makes me sad that my favorite part of a Hedo afternoon now won't happen this time around.
    Yep,hear you loud and clear.So where is the Main Party going on once the pool/hot tub area are taken out of service for the renovations?Main pool at the dining area?That will be a hike for jerk chicken unless the management makes it available on the buffet.

Great vacation were sitting waiting to leave. Food upgrade in all areas. Staff was awesome as always. ..jerk chicken was available every day in the main dinning area. Nude pool needs work glad we won't be here for that time but hope the new look will just ad to the great times had there. WiFi worked great no issues ever. Lots of people and over booked for Friday and sat, could type for a day on that issue! So glad we were not involved with that head ache.

Trust me when I say that we are excited for our trip. However, the information coming from the resort, current visitors, and the groups is all conflicting. Eliminating the nude pool from the trip is a big deal and one that causes us to wonder what will be done in the guests favor.

Quote Originally Posted by pipermaru View Post
    Forgot to say...

I love everything about Hedo, truly, but I absolutely adored the waterslide. I admit that I instigated many a "Naked waterslide!" at 2 am after the club. Yes, I understand liabilities, but nothing bad happened on my watch, lol! Going to miss two of my favorite things.

Is Gus still there? Because I don't know if I can handle a Hedo without the waterslide, nude grill/bar, and Gus!
    Denise and I were there 11/24 to 12/3 We never saw Gus but we don't know if we just missed him.
    :
    dnbforwhatever on SLS
    Dee_N_Bruce on SDC

June/July 2011 Hedo virgins no more!
    Nov/Dec 2011
    June/July 2012 Can't get enough!
    Nov/Dec 2012
    April 20th to May 4th 2013
    June 23rd to July 7th 2014
    May 2nd to May 10th 2015
    Nov 26th to Nov 30th 2015
    April 30th to May 8th 2016
    Nov 24th to Dec 3rd 2016
    May 6th to May 14th 2017
    May 5th to May 13th 2018
    May 4th to May 12th 2019
    April 24th to May 1st 2021

It's the people who make Hedo and all the fun places in it. If the nude pool is closed, all those people will move somewhere else on the resort and bring the party with them. As far as a closed bar or grill is concerned, there will always be places to eat and they will find ways of lubricating people with booze!

I can understand why the resort doesn't give too much notice or publicity to their construction, I'm sure the news would empty out the resort for those weeks... generally bad for business. It will be an inconvenience for those who get caught up in it, but probably not as bad as you might be imagining.
    Hedo II - WWV/Hedo Amigos - March 14-21, 2020
    Hedo II - March 9-16, 2019
    Hedo II - WWV/Playful Pussycats - April 2017
    Hedo II - WWV/Hedo Amigos - March 2016

Quote Originally Posted by ShyinOntario View Post
    It's the people who make Hedo and all the fun places in it. If the nude pool is closed, all those people will move somewhere else on the resort and bring the party with them. As far as a closed bar or grill is concerned, there will always be places to eat and they will find ways of lubricating people with booze!

I can understand why the resort doesn't give too much notice or publicity to their construction, I'm sure the news would empty out the resort for those weeks... generally bad for business. It will be an inconvenience for those who get caught up in it, but probably not as bad as you might be imagining.

As you'll see by our earlier post, we are excited for our visit and, of course, the people make the trip. With that being said, we can agree to disagree in regard to the business practice.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast