Thread: Newbie please help!

Newbie please help!

We are newbies to all of this and have been wanting to try it out. My husband and I and another couple were friends with are wanting to come around the end January or Feb. We are late 30s and our friends are late 20s and early 30s. What is the best resort for our age group and when is the best time to go? How is the resort in Jan or Feb? We have never done anything like this before and are wanting to spice things up a bit. We are looking at Riviera Maya but is that the best place for us and our age group or is their a difference between the Pearl and Maya that's better than the other with all the activities and people? Thanks for the help and suggestions!!!

Blog Entries
    Just got back from the Mayan Riviera On Sunday and we find Negril is a much nicer area than The Mayan with better beaches and better food and much better entertainment and music. The cancun airport is kaos and you can spend lot of time and money on transfers to the cities like Cancun and Playa Del Carmen.
    Dave and Claire

So many variables would play into this depending on specifically what you are looking to do and if your comfort levels are similar to your friends. I would research the forums for the specific resorts. There's tons of info here to guide you, and all these fine peeps here can help if you don't find what you're looking for. Don't overthink it, but each resort has different stuff to offer and the vibe sometimes depends on the groups that might be there. The main thing is to have fun with the planning, and the trip itself.
    Good Luck!
    Last edited by sunandsea; 11-21-2016 at 05:44 PM. Reason: sp

Registered User The Travel Slut's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Well, you have come to the right resource for solid, 1st-hand information on so many options.

I'd use the search bar for those things that interest you, then read the trip reports, or FAQ's to help with your decision-making or to confirm your original thoughts.

Happy times ahead!

Quote Originally Posted by Angnadam2016 View Post
    We are newbies to all of this and have been wanting to try it out. My husband and I and another couple were friends with are wanting to come around the end January or Feb. We are late 30s and our friends are late 20s and early 30s. What is the best resort for our age group and when is the best time to go? How is the resort in Jan or Feb? We have never done anything like this before and are wanting to spice things up a bit. We are looking at Riviera Maya but is that the best place for us and our age group or is their a difference between the Pearl and Maya that's better than the other with all the activities and people? Thanks for the help and suggestions!!!
    My wife and i have been to all of those resorts and love them all for different reasons. Desire Maya would be the better choice of the two desire resorts as it caters to a younger crowd and the night life is outstanding. The food is also every bit as good as Hedo and in my opinion the night life is more organized and the dancing is definitly better if you like to kick up your heels. The day time fun in desire is limited ..no crazy pool time like Hedo. As far as when to go? January is national swinger month and desire Maya does a great job with this. We will be there ourselves Jan 21-29. Let us know where you end up going, would love to hear your review.

Great! I think we are leaning more towards Riviera Maya. We have been researching this for about 2 weeks now. We are really excited!!!!!

My husband and I are very open. We've never done any swapping or anything have just always been just me and him. So we are new new lol. Our friends aren't into the swinging part of it but want to play around with another female. I have a question tho, what is The naked truth?

My husband and I are very open. We've never done any swapping or anything have just always been just me and him. So we are new new lol. Our friends aren't into the swinging part of it but want to play around with another female. I have a question tho, what is The naked truth?
    The truth is you can do as much or as little as you like. My wife and i have just as much fun flirting and touching in the hot tub as we do with other aspects of the lifestyle. We enjoy the company of other people and can have fun with them regardless of their limits. Be prepared to be asked if you play and dont take offense...in fact view it as a compliment and politely decline. As far as your friends go, i hate to break it to them but if they are looking for a single female you wont find one there. however im sure there are couples who let the female play alone. You may discover that a little soft play in the hot tub is the perfect amount of sexual adventure you are looking for. Just discuss ahead of time what is and isnt allowed with your partner and dont let silly jealousy ruin a good time.

Thank you Danny Boy for all your help. We're going to RDM in January! Who all will be there? We're very eager to explore

Desire Riviera Maya is a fine resort for what you're after- a clothing-optional resort with a sexy vibe! You may want to,consider going in February, around Valentine's Day. We went in 2015 around that time, and there were fewer hardcore swingers there at that time than there are likely to be during January. Being swingers ourselves, we found the scarcity of fellow guests who were up for playing to be a downside- but in your situation, it sounds like it may be a more appropriate crowd for you!
    CoupleInMD

(CoupleInMD79 on SLS, APG, Kasidie, and Quiver)

DRM Oct 22 - 29, 2014
    DRM Feb 8 - 15, 2015
    Bliss Cruise Nov 29 - Dec 6, 2015
    Naughty in Nawlins July 6 - 10, 2016
    Bliss Cruise Nov 27 - Dec 4, 2016
    Naughty in N'awlins July 2017

Thank you!��

We had same doubts. Thanks for your question in this tread. We will plan to go to Desire Maya.