Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Drinks ..Do they have Gin? or Sailor Jerrys Rum ?

Quote Originally Posted by 2play7172 View Post
    Bourbon is like paint thinner to me ...
    Try a taste of Pappy Van Winkle or even Van Winkle. If you can get a bottle, expect to pay $300-$500. No paint thinner there. Whiskeys, scotches, bourbons, brandys, cognacs all have opening price and then premiums into the thousands of dollars. Not so with gin or vodka. Rum, on the other hand, has amazingly complex smooth bottles in the hundreds of dollars. If you get the chance, try a really good bourbon and see if it's still paint thinner-like. As they say, it's a developed taste but I always convert people from the top down, same as I undress women.
    Hedo II 4 Trips
    Cap D'ade 2 Trips + Summer ‘21?
    Desire RM 1 trip

Quote Originally Posted by happy2us View Post
    Premium gin is an oxymoron.
    Lol...

Try a taste of Pappy Van Winkle or even Van Winkle. If you can get a bottle, expect to pay $300-$500. No paint thinner there. Whiskeys, scotches, bourbons, brandys, cognacs all have opening price and then premiums into the thousands of dollars. Not so with gin or vodka. Rum, on the other hand, has amazingly complex smooth bottles in the hundreds of dollars. If you get the chance, try a really good bourbon and see if it's still paint thinner-like. As they say, it's a developed taste but I always convert people from the top down, same as I undress women.

I don't think I have tried any booze that is 300-500 or more haha ... shit who has money for that ? Not this guy ! Spent it all going to hedo haha
    Seriously no way I could spend that much on any booze, Pyrate Rum I like and it is $70 for a 26er so I don't often get it when I can get a 40 of SJ for about the same price. A doctor client/friend gave me some Scotch and it was expensive .. I think around 100 bucks so we tried some and yikes it was awful haha

Afterwards the told me he did not like it and a patient gave it to him .. so not sure it was really a gift or a punishment.

But I do experiment .. how I discovered the pure drinking bliss that is Sailor Jerry's - Next time I have the chance to raid some ones liqour cabinet I will report back

Something new that is good to drink in shots is Crown Royal Apple Whiskey ... don't mind that .. but whiskey tends to make me very ill the next day..
    ---
    S&C
    Pursuing Pleasure Together

Kik: 2play7172
    Email: anythinggoes1971@yahoo.com

See you Feb 2020
    Hedo Feb 2019
    Hedo Feb 2018
    Hedo Feb 2017

I have started a MeWe group for couples traveling in Feb 2020: https://mewe.com/join/hedofeb2020
    50+ Members now

Rye and water all day, you'll "never" wake up the next morning hungover.......LOL

Quote Originally Posted by 2play7172 View Post
    I don't think I have tried any booze that is 300-500 or more haha ... shit who has money for that ? Not this guy ! Spent it all going to hedo haha
    Seriously no way I could spend that much on any booze, Pyrate Rum I like and it is $70 for a 26er so I don't often get it when I can get a 40 of SJ for about the same price. A doctor client/friend gave me some Scotch and it was expensive .. I think around 100 bucks so we tried some and yikes it was awful haha

Afterwards the told me he did not like it and a patient gave it to him .. so not sure it was really a gift or a punishment.

But I do experiment .. how I discovered the pure drinking bliss that is Sailor Jerry's - Next time I have the chance to raid some ones liqour cabinet I will report back

Something new that is good to drink in shots is Crown Royal Apple Whiskey ... don't mind that .. but whiskey tends to make me very ill the next day..
    Good post. I don't buy $3-500 bottles of anything either BUTT my rich cousin does and I raid his home bar whenever I'm down in NoLa way.

I've see that Crown apple whiskey in the stores recently. I'm generally not a big fan of flavored whiskeys like that but I've tried a few I like and I do like regular Crown for a basic drinking whiskey with a splash of club soda (why 99.99% of all bartenders can't understand that a splash is just a touch and not a 1/4 glass I can't figure). The only thing I don't drink with a splash of club is good scotch where it would ruin it.

On the rye post above, rye is good. It's basically bourbon but a little sweeter. Not sure why it would be any better than straight scotch, whiskey, bourbon or tequila for hangovers but I'll try anything once. No time like the present <gulp>. Mmmm, good. Check back in the morning...........
    Hedo II 4 Trips
    Cap D'ade 2 Trips + Summer ‘21?
    Desire RM 1 trip

Quote Originally Posted by Tundra14 View Post
    Rye and water all day, you'll "never" wake up the next morning hungover.......LOL
    My Mother was a rye and water drinker ....she had it every day ... so she was committed to that drink !
    ---
    S&C

See you Feb 2020
    Hedo Feb 2019
    Hedo Feb 2018
    Hedo Feb 2017

I have started a MeWe group for couples traveling in Feb 2020: https://mewe.com/join/hedofeb2020
    50+ Members now

Good post. I don't buy $3-500 bottles of anything either BUTT my rich cousin does and I raid his home bar whenever I'm down in NoLa way.

I've see that Crown apple whiskey in the stores recently. I'm generally not a big fan of flavored whiskeys like that but I've tried a few I like and I do like regular Crown for a basic drinking whiskey with a splash of club soda (why 99.99% of all bartenders can't understand that a splash is just a touch and not a 1/4 glass I can't figure). The only thing I don't drink with a splash of club is good scotch where it would ruin it.

On the rye post above, rye is good. It's basically bourbon but a little sweeter. Not sure why it would be any better than straight scotch, whiskey, bourbon or tequila for hangovers but I'll try anything once. No time like the present <gulp>. Mmmm, good. Check back in the morning...........

Crown Royal Apple Whiskey is the only one out of all of them I liked,l the maple and vanilla and there is something else where all not very good IMO... but if my friends are forcing me to do shots.. and there are not jelly shots..or belly button shots then AW is ok with me

I find something I like and I stick with it ... hence same woman for 30+ years ... though once in while experimentation is desired... so off to hedo .. to try a dirty banana .. ok that sounds bad haha
    ---
    S&C

See you Feb 2020
    Hedo Feb 2019
    Hedo Feb 2018
    Hedo Feb 2017

50+ Members now

Fully understand liking a limited selection of booze. I'm a rye drinker myself and find it difficult when I leave Canada as most places may only have Canadian Club or possibly Crown Royal... I'll drink either one in a pinch, but would never buy a bottle at home.

For those rye (Canadian Whiskey which is typically flavored by rye) drinkers out there, you owe it to yourself to try Forty Creek... this is a really nice smooth whiskey and isn't as sweet as a bourbon or Crown Royal. The best part is that it's the same price as other Canadian Whiskeys.
    Hedo II - WWV/Hedo Amigos - March 14-21, 2020
    Hedo II - March 9-16, 2019
    Hedo II - WWV/Playful Pussycats - April 2017
    Hedo II - WWV/Hedo Amigos - March 2016

I wanted to report, I spent some quality time with a bottle of Appleton Rum on saturday evening , and though we did not hit it off right away as the night wore on we became more accustomed to one another and slowly have started to establish a relationship. Now it is too early to tell if we will become lovers but we are going to date more frequently and keep an open mind...
    ---
    S&C

See you Feb 2020
    Hedo Feb 2019
    Hedo Feb 2018
    Hedo Feb 2017

50+ Members now

Don't want to burst your bubble, but I heard it felt empty after being with you... rumors

Quote Originally Posted by Coq-au-vin View Post
    Don't want to burst your bubble, but I heard it felt empty after being with you... rumors
    haha ! empty indeed
    ---
    S&C

See you Feb 2020
    Hedo Feb 2019
    Hedo Feb 2018
    Hedo Feb 2017

50+ Members now

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12