Thread: Single Woman Traveler.....Seeking Advice

Single Woman Traveler.....Seeking Advice

Hello,

What a wonderful, open and informative forum. I am a single woman with an AWESOME personality who will be traveling to H2 for the very first time. I have never experienced a c/o, nude resort or any part of the lifestyle. Looking forward to living on the wild side for my 45th Birthday and meeting AMAZING people.
    Any advice would be great!!!

THX

Registered User The Travel Slut's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    (taken from my previous posts in my personal Flickr & Yahoo! Groups devoted to my annual group trip to Hedo)

There are not many thoroughly or detailed articles for single travelers going to Hedo so I thought I would offer one in reference to single travelers based on my previous 12 trips and feedback from singles that have attended in my Annual Group Trips since 2005 as I have one of the few groups that welcomes both male and female "Krewe" members.

These are some of my observations and opinions based on my experiences and knowledge of over 100 days spent at Hedo.

I have been planning, organizing and booking June group trips to all-inclusive, nude/clothing-optional, and tropical/beachfront Hedonism II resort in Negril, Jamaica since 2005 and my groups usually have 5-10 singles (both male and female but primarily male).

These experiences have generated some truisms and advice for those that accompany groups that accept singles.

Solo travelers have told me in post-Hedo trip followup conversations that their #1 recommendation to other single attendees would be to "attach" yourself early to a group that is compatible or acceptable to your wants/needs to help make a Hedo vacation fulfilling.

Many groups, including mine, have either dedicated websites or forums where all members can communicate pre and post-Hedo trip and discuss some of their background information and Hedo trip bucketlist items which they are comfortable making public. Most people, singles and couples, have more in common with each other than they first realize and people that go to Hedonism II resort are more like-minded than not.

Another advantage of joining most groups (including mine) is that there are never any requirements to participate in any of the group activities or associate whatsoever with the group however, groups provide a "comfort" level for singles as there is always a place to join in any of the activities they are involved in or have initiated.

And of course, one of the biggest considerations for singles going to Hedo and aligning themselves with a group is that they will likely be able to take advantage of a lower group room rate.

One advantage at Hedo is that singles have the choice of paying the standard 50% single supplement fee on top of their regular room rate and have their own room or they may request a "room-share" with another single of the same gender and enjoy the lower double-occupancy rate.

Other benefits of being in a group include one or more couples (and other singles) being there to "watch your back" should you become an unsuspecting member of the TMFC (Too Much Fun Club) thanks to excessive fun in the sun, too much alcohol or anything that makes you become vulnerable or potentially harmful to yourself during a loss of self-control. (Hedo staff are also very good about watching out for those that have "over-indulged").

Lots of things can and do happen at Hedo, often spontaneously, and some of what happens is not everyone's cup of tea and as a single you may stand out and be noticed and possibly approached/observed as either a potential contact or concern.

Respecting others is the norm at Hedo but sometimes alcohol dulls a person's common sense or courtesy so be aware of both approaching others outside your group or comfort zone or being or being approached by those that may have had too much to drink.

Seek out other singles or ask about other singles that are there during your time and exchange experiences. If you decide to take one of the clothing-optional catamaran boat day trips to Ricks Cafe & Bar or one of the daily snorkel excursions, it might be fun to have a travel companion for the day.

Knowing some of those in your group or being able to identify other singles make eating meals, watching the nightly stage shows, enjoying the piano bar and/or disco at nights or participating in any scheduled (or unplanned) activity more enjoyable.

Socialization at Hedo is BIG and one of the keys to having a great time during your stay. Make friends with the wait staff and bartenders as they know many of the guests and can provide good information about events, past, present and future, of which you might wish to be involved.

Also, consider participating in the many nude pool or stageshow "games" that Hedo's Entertainment Crew organize each day and night as they can expose you (literally and figuratively) to the other guests and you may make more friends based on your performances. This also works in the Disco and piano bar at night.

Finally, if you want to seek attention, I would suggest dressing up in the different themes as every night has a different theme (such as Fetish & Fantasy, Rock Star, etc.) and expect lots of high-fives, praise and positive comments.

However, if you seek solitary time then sit back at the pool, the beach, the bar, or wherever and enjoy the all-inclusive benefits and nature that Hedo provides.

Hedonism.com main webpage featuring our Group Trip every June:

http://www.hedonism.com/events-enter...azy-life-2017/

Also, about groups: Just some considerations as I get asked this quite often about my annual group trip to Hedonism II every June,

Groups will most often have the best rates for the timeframe you seek and likely allow for you to extend the group rate both before and after the groups' main dates at the resort provided you spend a bulk of your days within the group week.

Groups usually offer a special meet and greet at the beginning of the group week

Groups often have a goodie bag for their members which might include any number of small, useful items for your stay at Hedo or something to take home to remember your trip there.

Groups offer a kind of "security blanket" for newbies or people that are more shy by always providing guests that the newbie can learn from, ask questions, or just carry on conversations, etc.

Groups sometimes have special events or activities that provide guests opportunities that may not be offered to other non-group member guests.

Groups can sometimes make reservations for the two speciality restaurants or reserve tables in the main dining area

Groups can charter a nude cruise from the resort

Groups provide recognition by both Hedo staff and other guests

Groups allow guests to be followers and not leaders or having to make decisions especially in new territory or situations

Groups can offer more assistance should you encounter a problem or issue

Group members often watch out for other group members should a guest have too much to drink, too much sun, or just too much whatever

Groups provide an avenue of support and casual interaction and often lead to friendships outside of Hedo.

Groups allow for friendly conversation, sharing experiences, sharing memories, having friendship/camaraderie, laughing with someone, or simply eating with someone you might know or want to know

Cons for groups?

There are very few cons that I could think of based on my experience organizing my group the past 11 years and speaking with group leaders and members during my previous 12 trips to Hedo.

One possible negative would be any pressure to participate in group activities (they should always be voluntary because the guest is always the guest & it is THEIR vacation/holiday

I am not aware of membership fees (although I jokingly tell my group members they must "buy" me a glass of champagne at Hedo...lol).

Anyway, I hope this helps a little. Ann, TS

In the meantime, take care, travel safe and have safe fun!

For those that know Hedo, no explanation is necessary and for those that don't, no explanation is simple. Ann, The TravelSlut

Email & IM: TheTravelSlut@yahoo.com

Ann nailed it! Pick a time to go and see if there is group you feel like you might connect with. Visit http://www.hedonism.com/events-entertainment/events/ for a list of groups. Rates are lower during mid April till end of October. Occupancy varies depnding on groups there. August and Sept seem to be lowest occupancy times.

You have come to the right place for info! Safe travels and good luck!

October 17 - October 26, 2019
    April 18 - 25, 2020

www.theplayfulpussycats.com
    www.wildwomenvacations.com

Shannon
    Stay Sexy My Friends

Often Imitated, Never Duplicated

There is a singles friendly group going in late February! Lovin Life. The leader has gone as a single woman many times and has already helped many set up shared rooms since hedo doesn't do the share anymore. Plus, as mentioned, groups are a great way to save money! (Assuming you're not Canadian....then you're better off with a package)

Other advice, just more condensed : be social, stay alert/aware, don't feel pressured, and have fun

Thumbs up

Hello Sunshine!

I am the lead for the Lovin' Life at H2 group going February 25 - March 4th. I have gone as a single traveler many times and it is a great place. Feel free to join our FB group where many are finding roommates and other trip information:
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/LovinLifeinJamaica/

Right now we actually have an even mix of guys and gals (some told me that mostly guys would rsvp, but I have found gals were the first to sign up), including some great couples as well.

I also have many trip reports added to the trip report section under my "Kyttles' alter ego.

Please let me know if you have any questions, part of why I volunteered to be a group lead is because I love to help peeps have fun and H2 is the spot for it.

Cheers to escaping winter and enjoying some adult fun!

Lisa

Picture has the advice I give my group - based on 20+ trips to Jamaica. #1 Enjoy your vacation!
    Guidelines.JPG
    Last edited by Kyttles; 11-12-2016 at 01:51 PM.
    Learn something new and play everyday!

Lovin' Life at H2!
    Join Us February 23-March 2, 2019!

Lovin' Life Info
    (Castaways Travel Agency Group)

ANN...YOU ROCK!!!!! Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a detail and clear response. I will definitely keep these tips in mind and consider booking with a group next time. I am a pretty social person so I am looking forward to making lots of new friends who know how to have FUN!!!! Looking forward to meeting you one day!! BIG THX

Hi Sassy,

Thank you so much for your response. I have booked through Unwind travel (Cherilyn was AWESOME). However, it seems I will be there right before the groups come in for the New Year's celebration. I will be there 12/14-12/20. I have opted to do Room Share, so hoping I get a really fun room-mate. I will look forward in booking my next trip with a group.

Thanks so much

Thanks so much PhillyGirl22 (22 is one of my favorite numbers)...so you must be pretty amazing . I have already booked for December but will look at the groups in the future.
    THX

Hello Kyttles,

Thank you so much for your response. I have already booked a trip for December but will definitely keep you in mind for my next trip. I will keep an eye on your FB page for upcoming trips. Thanks for the tips/guidelines .

Quote Originally Posted by Sunshine17 View Post
    Thanks so much PhillyGirl22 (22 is one of my favorite numbers)...so you must be pretty amazing . I have already booked for December but will look at the groups in the future.
    THX
    It is mine! (Obviously!)

Have a great time and feel free to send questions
    I've been there half a dozen times, more or less.... mostly as a single, usually way more interested in a social environment than anything else. Fun times!

Quote Originally Posted by Sunshine17 View Post
    Hi Sassy,

Thank you so much for your response. I have booked through Unwind travel (Cherilyn was AWESOME). However, it seems I will be there right before the groups come in for the New Year's celebration. I will be there 12/14-12/20. I have opted to do Room Share, so hoping I get a really fun room-mate. I will look forward in booking my next trip with a group.

Thanks so much
    You are welcome! Never a bad time to go! Hope it's as magical for you as it is for me! Safe travels!

October 17 - October 26, 2019
    April 18 - 25, 2020

www.theplayfulpussycats.com
    www.wildwomenvacations.com

Shannon
    Stay Sexy My Friends

Often Imitated, Never Duplicated

Thx!!!

Go, you'll have fun...single girls are always welcome.....
    Travel with "KITTEN & ANGEL'S SPRING FLING -- wouldn't go with anyone else....

April 2009- Kitten & Angel. Sept 2009
    April 2010- Kitten & Angel. Sept 2010
    April 2011- Kitten & Angel. Sept 2011
    April 2012- Kitten & Angel. Sept 2012. Oct 2012
    April 2013- Kitten & Angel. Sept 2013
    April 2014- Kitten & Angel. Sept 2014, Oct 2014
    April 2015- Kitten & Angel. Sept 2015
    April 2016- Kitten & Angel. Sept 2016

Sept 2017, 2018, 2019