Thread: Desire RM Question

Desire RM Question

My wife and I are in our middle 30's and have considered trying this resort for our 15th anniversary. What is the age mix of people generally at the resort? This would be our first visit to a clothing optional resort. Any guidance whether that is smart for an anniversary trip?

We started in our early forties and wish we would have discovered these resorts earlier in life. Life altering, these resorts are wonderful for couples and will give you a different take on life and yourself. Of course it takes a strong couple, if you have marital problems or can't communicate openly with eachother you are asking for trouble. We are planning our 25th anniversary at one of these resorts. Whatever you do, don't surprise her! Talk it out and make the decision to go together.

Hi, woopig82!

There is a wide age range of people who go to a resort like Desire Riviera Maya. The Mrs and I have gone twice, and both times we met fun people in their 30s, in their 70s, and everything in between! But to answer your question, I'd say that, by my completely subjective and unscientific estimate, the average age is probably mid 40s to early 50s.

Now, about your question of whether this kind of resort is a good place for an anniversary trip, that depends entirely on you. If you two are interested in, and excited by, the idea of spending the day naked with 200 new friends in a sexy tropical paradise, then this might be the place for you!

The resort does advertise itself as a swinger-friendly environment, so there may be opportunities for you two to engage in some sex with people other than each other. There is never any pressure to do that, though, so if that is not something that you two are looking for, you don't have to worry about feeling pressured. You can simply feed off the sexy energy of the place, and if you want to put on a show, have sex with each other in view of the other guests around the rooftop hot tub, or in the Sin room. Or you can enjoy watching others who are doing just that! We met numerous couples on our last trip in Feb 2015, who were not there to do any swinging, but who just liked the freedom of being naked all day, and enjoyed the sexy energy of the place!

If you two are thinking about a resort like this in order to experiment with the swinging lifestyle, then I advise some careful thought and discussion beforehand, as gsml said. Couples who engage in swinging successfully tend to be people whose relationship is already strong and solid. Swinging can bring a strong couple even closer together, but it can also reveal the cracks in a troubled relationship, and cause real damage. It is also important for couples who are entering the lifestyle to have open, honest communication. This goes beyond simply enjoying the sharing of fantasies while you're in the throes of passion. It's important to talk over your fears, insecurities, and concerns along with the hot fantasies about swapping partners. Good communication is critical creating a solid foundation of trust between you.

If you decide to look for opportunities to enjoy sex with other people, you'll want to also discuss your rules, limits, and boundaries beforehand. If there are any situations or activities that you think would make either of you uncomfortable (for example, you may up for doing oral or using your hands with others, but you're not ready for intercourse with others), you can decide beforehand to limit things so that you don't accidentally end up doing something that will cause bad feelings between you. Just discuss and agree on your limits, rules, or boundaries with each other, and with a couple you are heading toward playing with.

Good luck, have fun, and an early "happy anniversary" to you both! Let us know what you decide to do, and feel free to ask more questions.
    CoupleInMD

(CoupleInMD79 on SLS, APG, Kasidie, and Quiver)

DRM Oct 22 - 29, 2014
    DRM Feb 8 - 15, 2015
    Bliss Cruise Nov 29 - Dec 6, 2015
    Naughty in Nawlins July 6 - 10, 2016
    Bliss Cruise Nov 27 - Dec 4, 2016
    Naughty in N'awlins July 2017

I really appreciate the feedback!