Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What do you tell your family?

After going to Jamaica the last 2 years, we couldn't pull off another so in 10 days, we're going to the "Dominican Republic" in Negril.

Except our LS friends know.
    Hedo II 4 Trips
    Cap D'ade 2 Trips + Summer ‘21?
    Desire RM 1 trip

I couldn't honestly give a crap what people think so when we finally do go I won't care. I am sure our 15 year old son will be creeped a bit but we will just tell him "adult vacation" lol he will be at my sisters and she already knows
    Actually I dislike my fathers phony religious wife quite a bit so tell them at a family get together would pretty much be the most awesome thing ever...... Gotta keep that in mind

Quote Originally Posted by ChiTownHedoCpl View Post
    So in case of emergency why not have them call your cell? We just get an international package for the month and it is very reasonable, especially given that one of your concerns is being accessible yet keeping hedo a secret.
    Our cell phone sits in our room all day and we only check it a couple times a day. Neither of us have pockets when nude, and our bag got soaked twice during rain storms so we don't carry them with us... or any other valuables for that matter.

I don't like anyone having or checking their cell phone in any of the nude areas, too risky for some asshole snapping pictures. I think the last thing anyone would want is a ringing cell phone next to the nude pool anyway.
    Last edited by ShyinOntario; 10-20-2016 at 07:15 AM.
    Hedo II - WWV/Hedo Amigos - March 14-21, 2020
    Hedo II - March 9-16, 2019
    Hedo II - WWV/Playful Pussycats - April 2017
    Hedo II - WWV/Hedo Amigos - March 2016

Everyone knows where I go. Even some people I work with know. If they are going to ask I usually say "Jamaica" if they ask where in Jamaica I say "Negril"...if they continue to ask specifics I tell them which resort. If they are going to get that detailed, they will get the truth. Most people just think it is a nudist resort and leave it at that. Others know "other shenanigans" sometimes happens and almost everyone is jealous about it. Who cares, I don't. I don't do anything that is against the law and I enjoy MY vacation. Not many people are surprised by it though because I am a pretty open and free-spirited person. They would be more shocked if I did go to Sandals. LOL Even my 11 year old daughter knows we go to a "nudist" resort. She just laughs about it. (It was an accidental spillage when she overheard a conversation). So, it is what it is.

But I know many people that have judgmental friends and family so you have to tell them whatever will fly so you can have a good time.
    **EX** Hosts of the Nood Brood (we are out of the hosting game now)

www.noodbrood.com

We still highly recommend Nood Brood though, lots of wonderful friends!

We just leave our dates when we are in Negril and a phone number only to which ever resort we are staying at,if they phone then they will find out. Other wise the only thing left to say to your family is, to quote NSYNC " bye bye bye ".

We just tell our kids we are in Negril.. We have been to Jamaica 17 times. 16 to Hedo.... And I was smart enough to get a SIM card for an old phone that cost me $20 USD and it came with 1500 minutes on it... The kids can call and text all they want.. We check it regularly when we are back at the room..

I use to take a crap load of pictures every trip, but when they asked, I just told them they already seen this resort in the past trips...it's always been different pictures from our first trip..
    Travel with "KITTEN & ANGEL'S SPRING FLING -- wouldn't go with anyone else....

April 2009- Kitten & Angel. Sept 2009
    April 2010- Kitten & Angel. Sept 2010
    April 2011- Kitten & Angel. Sept 2011
    April 2012- Kitten & Angel. Sept 2012. Oct 2012
    April 2013- Kitten & Angel. Sept 2013
    April 2014- Kitten & Angel. Sept 2014, Oct 2014
    April 2015- Kitten & Angel. Sept 2015
    April 2016- Kitten & Angel. Sept 2016

Sept 2017, 2018, 2019

That's funny. On my first trip 23 years ago, the same thing happened to me. I work for a very large multi-national company and a few weeks after I got back home, I went on a business trip. Across from me at the meeting were the 2 twins that I met at Hedo. We had a good laugh about it. What are the odds.

Quote Originally Posted by webeshaved View Post
    Our first trip weran into someone from the same company we work for.
    have seen them since
    We just said helo and left it at that.
    Not like either of us are going to blab
    They are in the same boat asus so to speek
    We also take pics at sandals

We're telling people that we're going to Sandals.

I forgot to say that as far as them calling us, I have an IP phone (MagicJack) and will call using that. If they need to contact me, then I'll tell them to call my MJ phone and I'll retrieve the message. I'm also planning on checking e-mail. This way, it won't cost me anything aside from internet access and we don't have to ell our 18 year old son specifically where we're going.

We typically keep things fairly vague, and just tell people we are going to Negril, Jamaica. It does get suspicious when you are taking your 3rd trip to Jamaica in 11 months though. If we really want to shock someone we don't know well, we just casually mention that we'll be spending time at a nude beach while we are in Negril and typically the questions will stop there, lol. We have some close friends and family that do know where we are and can reach us in an emergency. For everyone else, we take a few Sandals alibi photos on each trip to post on FB to keep the illusion alive. It's kind of fun for our friends that do know where we are to be in on the joke when we post those pics.

Of the friends and family that we have told about our actual vacation destination, the reaction is usually either uncomfortable giggling at the idea, or envy, followed by a whole string of other entertaining questions.

-R
    N&R

Counting Down to Trips 6, 7, and 8:
    Playful Pussycats - April 22 - 29, 2018
    Young Swingers Week - July 21 - 26, 2018
    Playful Pussycats - October 19 - 28, 2018
    (yes, we're addicted)

We have been doing the co vacation for about 25 years so we don't worry about it much. Our children are grown and on their own…they either know or are suspicious but it is not really a subject of discussion. Some other relatives know (and some have also done co vacations) so it is not a huge secret, except for the ones who would be judgemental.
    We tell our grown children if there is an emergency…and it better be a bloody emergency….that we check our e-mail at approximately 9 am and 6 pm.
    For others who want to ask us where we are going the reply is of course Jamaica. Where in Jamaica…Negril. Where in Negril…7 mile beach ( it usually does not get past this point). What resort…depending on who is asking we will either say Hedo or Grand Lido (rhymes with Hedo so it is easy to keep our story straight and has been closed for years, I think, LOL). If they want to check it out, well, they are just too curious!
    s
    St. Martin, FWI, 1991-2011
    Hedonism II -January 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016 (x2), 2017
    Cayo Largo, Cuba, December 1-7, 2014
    Hedonism II - April 10-17, 2016 K&A Spring Fling
    Hedonism II - April 16-23, 2017 K&A Spring Fling
    Hedonism II - April 8-15, 2018 K&A Spring Fling
    Hedo 2 April 14-21, 2019 K&A Spring Fling
    H2 April 8-17, 2022 K&A Spring Fling

"If you want something you've never had, you must be willing to do something you've never done" - Thomas Jefferson

We tell people that we are staying at a Little B and B the message desk is unreliable or we will be on a lot of side trips so just text us we will check it multi times a day.

We went last febuary to hedo for first trip. Ya we kept it from our kids . My fiance has a daughter that is getten married next may and they are staying at sandels . We laughed . They new we went to jamica and went to a nudist resort. When she told us where they were going we laughed . She figured it so we told them to check it out . They won't but was all a good laugh .

Registered User Bottoms Up Crew's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    We tell everyone that asks the truth. Our kids, parents, other family members they all know we go to Hedo. I work for the US government and even my bosses know. We tell everyone that we are swingers. If they have a problem with it then we don't want to have anything to do with them anyway. It was pretty funny to see the look on the OPM investigator face last year during my 5yr background update. She asked me if I have been out of the country in the last 7 yrs and I said yes. So she asked where so I told her. Then she asked was it for business or pleasure. Lol I said definitely pleasure. So she asked off the record was the resort all inclusive and was it nice. So I told her all about it. Her jaw about hit the floor. But when I was leaving she said she was going to tell her husband about Hedo.
    [/CENTER]
    TABOTA with the Bottoms Up Crew[/CENTER]
    FEBRUARY 2-9, 2019[/CENTER]
    www.BottomsUpCrew.com[/CENTER]
    Twitter @BottomsUpCrew[/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by ChiTownHedoCpl View Post
    So in case of emergency why not have them call your cell? We just get an international package for the month and it is very reasonable, especially given that one of your concerns is being accessible yet keeping hedo a secret.
    Having said that we are on the edge of trip number 3 and we are increasingly giving less of a crap about hiding it from others. Still have not told family but more and more friends knows. Like stated above most are jealous and have many,many, many questions lol. We will answer the basic ones but more than that we just laugh and say if you want to know, then go!
    Last year we met a couple who during their trip went next door for their routine Sandals photo session. Guess that's a pretty common occurrence. I was telling everyone at work that we were going to or went to Gran Lido last year which I'm not sure even exist anymore and no one at work would have a clue anyway. Don't know why I bother with the pretense since my wife tells everyone strait up where we're heading. Over the years have encountered anything from praise to being "shocked and appalled" while all wanting details regardless of their opinion.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast