Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What do you tell your family?

What do you tell your family?

For some of us, telling people within our lives that we are going to Hedo would be difficult. At the same time, they want to have an idea of where we are going and how they can get a hold of us in case of emergency.

What do you do? Say?

Be honest with them we were in the same boat last febuary as our first trip to hedo. We were just front with them. It was our vacation and we wanted to try somethen different . We found that our family and freinds were jelous of us after we told them . They just couldn't beleive we had the guts todo that. When we got back all it was qestions after qestions and they so jelous. It's ur vacation who cares . If they judge you then oh well. I know for one thing you won't be judged at hedo . Hope it works out I think they will be so jelous.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by GenuineCoupleDC View Post
    For some of us, telling people within our lives that we are going to Hedo would be difficult. At the same time, they want to have an idea of where we are going and how they can get a hold of us in case of emergency.

What do you do? Say?
    I totally agree, we don't tell some people as they judge. Defiantly not family I still have my Mother she would have a heart attack. Daughter found out so told her its all hype its just a nudist resort any way that's all we are in it for, and we only have a few days there and move on the Riu, or similar. (NOT)
    Years ago we took photos in front of Sandals boat's and its up in the lounge, so many hear "Jamaica" and guess ooohh Sandals again.

Re getting hold of you, phone your mobile ONLY in emergency we say, as truth is it cost you to receive too. Or name on pal who knows give them the contact details and say any problems ask...Aunt Marge shes got all our contact numbers she helped with the planning she knows the agents..x
    April 9th-23rd

I'm sure this is a common problem... I know it was for us. We are certainly not ashamed of going to Hedo, but then again, we're not posting it on facebook either.

We were leaving our kids with grandma... so she kind of needed to know how to get a hold of us. My wife is also a teacher and many of her coworkers travel March break and that is all they talk about during the weeks leading up to it... so we had to tell them something.

We chose to not tell anyone the truth about where we were going... save a couple very close friends. Although I like the concept of "it's our vacation, we're adults, we'll go where we please", we're not ready for what comes along with being that open about it. We know many people who know us would judge, and some of our friends talk too much about things they shouldn't (gossip).

My wife told her coworkers that she didn't know where we were going and that I had booked the trip and was keeping it a surprise. Our plan was to tell people we were at Sandals, but we didn't want to tell anyone that until we knew no one else would be going to Sandals (it's common for a couple teachers from her school to be going to Jamaica, and some might coincidently be going to Sandals... and some book last minute). This plan was working great until the real curious ones asked me instead... luckily, when I told them we were going to Negril, they didn't ask specifically which resort.

My office is much smaller and I already knew who was traveling and where... so I could just tell them I was going to Sandals, but I used the same cover story that I was keeping it a secret from my wife.

We told our family we were going to Sandals but to call our cell phones if there was any issues. We also gave them the number at the resort to be used in extreme emergencies, we gave them the real number for Hedo along with other important contact info (not related to the resort) on a piece of paper, but left out the name of the resort. We figured if there was a real emergency happening and they had to call the front desk and found out where we were actually staying under those circumstances, the emergency would probably overshadow the fact that we're at Hedo and they may easily ignore the resort name as the receptionist says it.

I think the secret/taboo part of this vacation adds to it. This place is only for cool people who can get past the social barriers limiting your sexuality, uncool people will judge you just for talking about going there... which makes it even cooler!

For the few that you trust, tell them the truth, For everyone else, avoid telling them anything specific or tell them you're booking last minute and pick a resort in Negril. If anyone finds out accidentally...
    1 - act surprised,
    2 - show concern,
    3 - deny, deny, deny...

I hope this helps.
    Hedo II - WWV/Hedo Amigos - March 14-21, 2020
    Hedo II - March 9-16, 2019
    Hedo II - WWV/Playful Pussycats - April 2017
    Hedo II - WWV/Hedo Amigos - March 2016

We are lucky enough not to have jobs that care so everyone knows
    LUSH - Ladies Untamed Sexy Hedonistic - April 16-23, 2022

Click here to book your April trip!!!

anyone who knows us.... they just knew! Lol  those who are just acquaintances... them I'll tell Negril. And leave it at that. We are both in the public eye so we don't need any extra BS

For our first trip we told everyone that we were headed to Sandals. After we went and experienced Hedo we felt comfortable telling some people where we had went.

We took a few pics off resort, and a few at Sandals incase anyone wanted to see some vaca pics.
    Hedo2 Nov 7th-15th 2014 - Virgins No More
    Hedo2 Feb 12th-18th 2017- With the Nood Brood
    Hedo 2 Feb 11th-18th 2018- Nood Brood Once Again!

Registered User Naughty Nudists's Avatar
    We tell them Sandals and to text my cell only as I will have "emergency texting capability".I don't want a phone call because of background noise etc and to be perfectly honest,don't want to talk to anybody on the phone or text while on vacation.After awhile of going to Jamaica repeatedly,people who have heard of Hedo will wonder if that's where you are going but will likely not ask because it would be too personal and most of them honestly do NOT want to know.Yeah,I am pretty sure both our daughters suspect something is up but they have not pursued it,ditto for both our extended families.When I heard my cousin was being taken to Negril on a surprise by his hot new wife,yeah,figured that out pretty quick.LOL!But we will never ask.....

We say Sandals. I'd love to tell people but it's just not a good idea for me. My wife did tell her co workers that we visited a nude beach while on vacation so now she gets asked if we are going to that nude beach again. Nude beach and hedonism II are just totally different things to those that's never been.
    1ST TRIP APRIL 27TH MAY 1ST 2013
    2ND TRIP WITH KITTEN&ANGEL'S SPRING FLING APR 12TH TO APR 18TH 2014
    3RD TRIP WITH KITTEN&ANGEL'S SPRING FLING APR 10TH TO APR 17TH 2015.
    4TH TRIP WITH KITTEN&ANGEL'S SPRING FLING APRIL 8TH TO 15TH 2016
    5TH TRIP WITH KITTEN&ANGEL'S SPRING FLING APRIL 17TH TO 22ND 2017
    6TH TRIP KITTEN&ANGEL'S SPRING FLING APRIL 6th to 14th 2018
    7TH TRIP MAY 4TH TO MAY 11TH WITH TANTRIC HEARTS.
    8TH TRIP November 6th to 14th
    9TH TRIP APRIL 30TH TO MAY 8TH

We have told only three of our friends we're going to A nudist hotel where people are free to do what they want (they immediately knew what that meant), because only those three know that we have an open relationship. The others we will tell we're going to Negril. But if they ask I won't lie.

We showed my inlaws a youtube video of the resort, they also caught the drift. They know we are free-spirited people that do what we want but they don't know about the open relationship (yet). My own parents will be a hurdle I think (they are a bit more conservative), but we are going to tell them because they deserve to know 'who we really are' (hard to explain but maybe you know what I mean..) and in case of an emergency I would not want to have anything stand in the way to them contacting us.

Our co-workers we will probably not tell that it's Hedo we're going to. Maybe just that it's a nudist hotel because they already know us as fervent sauna-go'ers, have no problems talking about sex and that we don't really care if people have problems with what we like to do. But we don't know them as well as family and friends, so maybe just to be sure their reactions or feelings about us don't need to be provoked by telling them we're actually going to Hedo.

As much as I want to always be open about my relationship and this holiday, it can also be very comforting and special to -not- tell certain people. It keeps it a special secret.
    And also: there are people that I just not want to talk with about this, so there's no need to feed them any info or leads.

Sandals seems to be a popular place, that's where we go to....lol. Our first trip to Jamaica we actually did stay at sandals Royal Caribbean, we did have a great time however about 9 o'clock every goes to bed. It was on this trip that we heard about hedo 3 opening. The following year we dip your toes into the Hedo water and told everybody that we were staying at breezes in Ocho Rios, because it was next to hedo3.

After 15 trips we still only like close friends know where we actually go, January is lifestyle month then you can easily find out about that if you Google it, since we go in January we don't want people to put two into together.

A funny story, a few years back while we are at Hedo we had a pipe burst in our house the children's grandparents were watching them. My father called the emergency number that we left them we said it was sandals it was actually Hedo's number. Some how they found us on the beach and we called home. My dad asked what language they speak.....he could not understand the people at the front desk...our secret was safe��
    M
    It did suck coming home to a house with a flooded basement but that's what insurances for

Blog Entries
    We are open and honest depending who we are talking to. I told my close family and it was basically no big deal. My 80 +year old Mom was the exception, however my sister-in-law got a great kick out of telling my Mom at a small family gathering that we may seem all sweet and innocent but on vacation we "just like to get really drunk and look at naked people"... busted. My sister swings from jealousy to judging me harshly as an "exhibitionist" her husband, my brother-in-law wishes me `May the Jamaican sun keep shining on your naked body`...
    Last edited by JuicyLucie; 10-20-2016 at 01:03 PM.
    "Your clothes conceal much of your beauty, yet they hide not the unbeautiful ....Would you meet the sun and the wind with ...your skin..? For the breath of life is in the sunlight and the hand of life is in the wind.." Kahlil Gibran

If you look at Desire's website (FAQ), it looks like they have a solution! An innocent phone number?

Blog Entries
    Our first trip weran into someone from the same company we work for.
    have seen them since
    We just said helo and left it at that.
    Not like either of us are going to blab
    They are in the same boat asus so to speek
    We also take pics at sandals

So in case of emergency why not have them call your cell? We just get an international package for the month and it is very reasonable, especially given that one of your concerns is being accessible yet keeping hedo a secret.
    Having said that we are on the edge of trip number 3 and we are increasingly giving less of a crap about hiding it from others. Still have not told family but more and more friends knows. Like stated above most are jealous and have many,many, many questions lol. We will answer the basic ones but more than that we just laugh and say if you want to know, then go!
    Hedonism, the Virgin Trip: March 21-28, 2015
    Hedonism, the Sequel: 3/16-3/26, 2016. Ten days this time around because more is always better.
    Hedonism, Part 3: 3/24-4/1 2017 Swing into Spring group
    Hedonism 2018: Taking the year off to pay some damn bills. DIF is horrible!:
    Hedonism IV: 3/22-3/30 2019 Twister's Swing Break. Let's do this! Can't wait to get back!
    Hedonism V: 3/24/23-4/1/23. Finally back home again!

SLS: HedoCpl62

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast