Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Nude Side Seating

All I can say is this - I read about Hedo for years before our first trip. I never wanted to be one of those folks who camped out a lounger. However, once there and with my wife is pressuring me to "find a spot in the shade", I finally gave in and started staking out chairs in the morning. You can hate me, but I don't think I'm being too extreme. I go out around 8 am, get her coffee from the grill and put our towels on a couple of chairs under the tree (the one nearest the nude grill). Around 10 am, we are both out there on our loungers. We might come and go all day, but most of the time one of us is in a chair. Around 2 or 3 pm, we pick up our stuff and go to the pool. Repeat the next day. When I go out in the morning I see that almost every chair has some type of marker "claiming" the chair. I have decided that I will respect everyone's property and wishes to claim a chair, so I leave their stuff alone. I have found that there is no shortage of loungers - they are very plentiful. The shortage is in regards to the space available at the location where you want your lounger. For example, if you want your chair by the pool, space is very limited. We like the shade near the nude bar, so again, space is somewhat limited. While I won't move your stuff from your chair, I might move your chair over a few inches as I crowd my two chairs into the shade.

In sum, I find that Hedo visitors are usually the nicest people you will meet anywhere. I don't see chair campers as greedy or selfish. I just see them as folks who are trying to have a good time. I've never seen a chair camper get angry when their chair was moved over to make room for mine, and I've never been angry when mine is moved over to make room for theirs. In fact, most folks are very inviting if you ask if you can crowd in. I've never had my stuff moved or taken, and it probably would upset me a bit if it was missing. So, I'll never move or take someone's stuff, but that's just me. I summary, I guess I have just found that this is the culture of doing things at Hedo, and it was easier to join the culture than to try and fight it or change it. But again, that's just me.
    Mitch & Melisa

Registered User Naughty Nudists's Avatar
    I've seen one display which I am pretty sure involved the gentleman in question getting bent out of shape that someone was in HIS chair.Fortunately it was not me but I have been known to move someone's book and towel all the way to the end of the chair before I used it.If they show up and want their chair,that's fine,I can go get another.Availability of loungers has never been an issue except those around the pool which seem to get "claimed" and then stay empty much of the time.This should not be allowed at the pool,doesn't matter so much on the beach as there's more loungers there.

The loungers are to be used and staking out your spot is not a problem with me as some must have shade to enjoy there vacation. Its just the few, mainly observed at other resorts that place a shirt or towel with the intent of maybe using the spot sometime that day. Most times we just place our stuff under someone's lounger for safekeeping and use chairs that are not occupied at the time, never had a problem and helps you meet people.

We usually "stake our claim" in the morning. However, if there is a shortage of loungers as in our January trip ,I will abandon mine and place my things under her chair. Herladyship likes to read on the beach and I am more prone to helping hold up the bar in the pool. In our April trip there was an abundance of loungers so it wasn't a problem. Loungers poolside and the gazebo on the beach seem to be reserved "by the week", almost impossible to get.
    s
    St. Martin, FWI, 1991-2011
    Hedonism II -January 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016 (x2), 2017
    Cayo Largo, Cuba, December 1-7, 2014
    Hedonism II - April 10-17, 2016 K&A Spring Fling
    Hedonism II - April 16-23, 2017 K&A Spring Fling
    Hedonism II - April 8-15, 2018 K&A Spring Fling
    Hedo 2 April 14-21, 2019 K&A Spring Fling
    H2 April 8-17, 2022 K&A Spring Fling

"If you want something you've never had, you must be willing to do something you've never done" - Thomas Jefferson

I'm one of those people that thinks "saving" a chair before your ready to use it is just rude. I need shade in order to be comfortable and those chairs are often the first to go. I've walked down to a mostly empty beach to find almost all of the chairs saved. The thing that really gets me though is when a group "reserves" an entire section with towels marked for their members only. I have no issue with liberating a seat in those circumstances.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny Boy View Post
    LOL Sooian you crack me up. A pillow princess is a women who would rather recieve than give in simple terms. The term has become more popular in the bi community latley. For instance i would consider my wife to be a bi pillow princess at the moment. she is experimenting with the ladies and loves to touch rub and even suck on the nipples she is even getting into recieving oral from them if the mood is right , but she has not yet felt comfortable doing oral on another, so hence a pillow princess. Im pretty sure she is coming around..lol i have a feeling it wont be long before she prefers the ladies to the guys...lol. This of course can also refer to a female who simply likes to lie back and enjoy a man with no real recipocation on her part. Niether scenario really bothers me much but im sure it does for some.
    Whhhaaa busted, ME, ME, been on the scene since Adam was a lad and never heard that saying , sooo funny eh, bet you busted your sides..Ok well for the record, I am not a pillow princes I am very much up and at um. x
    April 9th-23rd

Quote Originally Posted by pcogs View Post
    I'm one of those people that thinks "saving" a chair before your ready to use it is just rude. I need shade in order to be comfortable and those chairs are often the first to go. I've walked down to a mostly empty beach to find almost all of the chairs saved. The thing that really gets me though is when a group "reserves" an entire section with towels marked for their members only. I have no issue with liberating a seat in those circumstances.
    I agree with you in principle, however, until the resort can come with an enforceable rule (yeah, right) the practice is destined to continue.
    Another resort that we have attended issues a tag with your name and duration of stay on it that you place on the chair and that chair is yours for the week. Everyone is guaranteed a chair. At night the chairs are pulled back from the beach so the next day you may have to jockey for position. Umbrellas are also available for shade if you wish.
    s
    St. Martin, FWI, 1991-2011
    Hedonism II -January 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016 (x2), 2017
    Cayo Largo, Cuba, December 1-7, 2014
    Hedonism II - April 10-17, 2016 K&A Spring Fling
    Hedonism II - April 16-23, 2017 K&A Spring Fling
    Hedonism II - April 8-15, 2018 K&A Spring Fling
    Hedo 2 April 14-21, 2019 K&A Spring Fling
    H2 April 8-17, 2022 K&A Spring Fling

"If you want something you've never had, you must be willing to do something you've never done" - Thomas Jefferson

If there aren't enough loungers for the guests, this is a resort issue, not an individual issue. Everyone pays for the same facilities at the resort and there should be enough loungers for everyone always. This isn't a NYC subway seat. Management needs to add lounge chairs to support the amount of rooms.
    Hedo II 4 Trips
    Cap D'ade 2 Trips + Summer ‘21?
    Desire RM 1 trip

Quote Originally Posted by happy2us View Post
    If there aren't enough loungers for the guests, this is a resort issue, not an individual issue. Everyone pays for the same facilities at the resort and there should be enough loungers for everyone always. This isn't a NYC subway seat. Management needs to add lounge chairs to support the amount of rooms.
    There are lots of loungers but there are just not many in "prime spots". Doesn't matter to me as there have been times my ass never sat in one once all week. I am a pool person
    LUSH - Ladies Untamed Sexy Hedonistic - April 16-23, 2022

Click here to book your April trip!!!

I have mixed feelings about saving/reserving seats...

On one hand, someone got up earlier than me, put in a little more effort than me, and they're just trying to enjoy their vacation by securing a seat that I too would like to sit in. Some people do spend 80% of their time in that seat and can't be faulted if their seat is empty while they go to the bar, the bathroom, a swim, etc.

But on the other hand, the fair/respectful way to keep a seat is to... sit on it! It just doesn't seem fair to walk around looking for a place to sit when a bunch of seats are seemingly there to prop up someone's belongings for hours on end... or even worse, one person's belongings stretched out over multiple seats.

The fact that the practice of reserving seats is becoming commonplace at most resorts, doesn't make it a good practice.

I have to admit that I've often fantasized about dispensing some sort of vigilante justice and removing those articles which are blocking my ability to sit in a seat I paid to have access to... but, I just keep walking and look for an empty chair. Getting that chair is not worth possibly hurting someone's vacation.

For all you chair savers out there, the next time you're claiming your favourite spot, just think of others who may be looking to sit as well. Most people on this site should be familiar with the benefits is sharing the things you love...
    Hedo II - WWV/Hedo Amigos - March 14-21, 2020
    Hedo II - March 9-16, 2019
    Hedo II - WWV/Playful Pussycats - April 2017
    Hedo II - WWV/Hedo Amigos - March 2016

We used to try to find shade chairs in the morning, but ceased to do so for several years now. We like to dive in the morning so we show up pool side early afternoon. By the time we show up the party is happening in the pool, so we find friends with whom we can share a chair for our belongings or we put our belongings on the low wall behind the loungers. Finding friends at Hedo with whom to share a chair is part of the fun.
    We move our stuff to the cubbies when we move to the hot tub.
    Remember you are in Jamaica - make friends and have fun. No problem 'mon.
    Rob & Jo

Hedo II Nov. 8-17 2012
    Hedo II Nov. 11-19 2011
    Hedo II Nov. 11-20 2010
    Hedo II Nov. 13-21 2009
    Hedo II Nov. 4-22 2008
    Hedo II Nov. 10-17 2007
    Hedo II Nov. 11-18 2006
    Hedo II Nov. 12-19 2005
    Hedo III Nov. 13-20 2004

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12