Thread: UK newbs

UK newbs

Hi all, we are a young(ish) couple from South Wales UK looking for our first purely adult holiday experience. We are 33m and 28f. The challenge we are facing is that having never been to a "lifestyle" bar before, never mind a hotel, we don't want to travel a long way to a resort to find it's not what we hoped it would be.
    We are fortunate enough to travel quite regularly and tend to go for 5* all inclusive "adults only" type package holidays so I guess we have set standards quite high. With that in mind we are nervous about going to one, not enjoying the lifestyle element and then also being stuck somewhere we wouldn't enjoy staying at too.
    I wondered if there are any recommendations for upmarket lifestyle hotels or resorts anywhere in the world but also any tips for nice spots in the UK too?
    Thanks

Welcome
    We aren't really "lifestyle/swingers" we just like going out and playing around/fantasizing. Not really sure what we would do if some opportunity came up but we will see I'm sure. We are going to St Maarten and South Beach in Feb for our first vacation of this type. From what I hear Hedo is good you only have to do what makes you comfortable and the people are nice so we might do that one next year too. Exciting isn't it? All the anticipation and not knowing what might happen next it's so hot

Quote Originally Posted by CardiffTwo View Post
    Hi all, we are a young(ish) couple from South Wales UK looking for our first purely adult holiday experience. We are 33m and 28f. The challenge we are facing is that having never been to a "lifestyle" bar before, never mind a hotel, we don't want to travel a long way to a resort to find it's not what we hoped it would be.
    We are fortunate enough to travel quite regularly and tend to go for 5* all inclusive "adults only" type package holidays so I guess we have set standards quite high. With that in mind we are nervous about going to one, not enjoying the lifestyle element and then also being stuck somewhere we wouldn't enjoy staying at too.
    I wondered if there are any recommendations for upmarket lifestyle hotels or resorts anywhere in the world but also any tips for nice spots in the UK too?
    Thanks
    Welcome! You will have the time of your life planning your trip.

Join us by calling 888.242.1055 or email info@wildwomenvacations.com
    The Playful Pussycats

Perhaps you might want to think about Temptations in Cancun for your first experience. It's not a nude destination, but it is topless optional, all-inclusive, and adults only. The facilities are beautiful & their age demographic skews a bit younger. There is a bit of a naughty vibe, but the lifestyle activities aren't 'in your face' & you really have to go hunting for them. The entertainment crew spice things up with fun interactive games & craziness too.

Hedonism in Jamaica is my favorite place on earth (for the staff, the other guess & the vibe) - but if you're looking for 5*, it really isn't - although it's getting MUCH MUCH better. I would probably rank it a high 3*. Some people opt to stay at Sandals Negril (next door) for their first visit & then head over on day or night passes to check Hedonism out.

Whatever you decide, I'm sure it will be the best decision for you guys.

Cheers!
    (from another UK couple - down in Southeast Kent)
    T.
    Release your inhibitions, Feel the rain on your skin.....

Upcoming Trips:
    H2 Nov 4-14, 2020

Past Trips:
    13 trips to H2 (Mar '10, Jul '11, May '12, Jan '14, May '14, Jan '15, Jul '15, Jan '16, Jul '16, Jan '17, Oct '17, Jan '18, Jan 19)
    9 trips to H3
    Freedom of Seas Cruise (Nov '13)
    Desire Los Cobos (March '13)
    Copa Cabana Desire - Costa Rica (August '10)
    3 trips to Temptations (October '09, '10, '11)
    Spice - Lanzarote, Spain (April '15)

Quote Originally Posted by lovin_life View Post
    Perhaps you might want to think about Temptations in Cancun for your first experience. It's not a nude destination, but it is topless optional, all-inclusive, and adults only. The facilities are beautiful & their age demographic skews a bit younger. There is a bit of a naughty vibe, but the lifestyle activities aren't 'in your face' & you really have to go hunting for them. The entertainment crew spice things up with fun interactive games & craziness too.

Hedonism in Jamaica is my favorite place on earth (for the staff, the other guess & the vibe) - but if you're looking for 5*, it really isn't - although it's getting MUCH MUCH better. I would probably rank it a high 3*. Some people opt to stay at Sandals Negril (next door) for their first visit & then head over on day or night passes to check Hedonism out.

Whatever you decide, I'm sure it will be the best decision for you guys.

Cheers!
    (from another UK couple - down in Southeast Kent)
    T.
    Unfortunately, Temptation in Cancun will be closed for 10 - 12 months for renovations starting next week. It was alot of fun and hopefully will be again when it reopens next year. My wife and I are taking the opportunity to check out Hedo in the meantime. We are not in the LS either, and from what we've been told and read about, there is lot's of room and fun for everyone. We are super excited......61 days to go!
    Lenny & Eva

TTR Cancun 2008 & 2016
    TTR Los Cabos 2010
    Hedo 2016, 2018, 2019

Quote Originally Posted by Habfan68 View Post
    Unfortunately, Temptation in Cancun will be closed for 10 - 12 months for renovations starting next week. It was alot of fun and hopefully will be again when it reopens next year. My wife and I are taking the opportunity to check out Hedo in the meantime. We are not in the LS either, and from what we've been told and read about, there is lot's of room and fun for everyone. We are super excited......61 days to go!
    Oh yeah....I forgot about that! Good point!

Have a Fantastic time at Hedo!
    Release your inhibitions, Feel the rain on your skin.....

Upcoming Trips:
    H2 Nov 4-14, 2020

Past Trips:
    13 trips to H2 (Mar '10, Jul '11, May '12, Jan '14, May '14, Jan '15, Jul '15, Jan '16, Jul '16, Jan '17, Oct '17, Jan '18, Jan 19)
    9 trips to H3
    Freedom of Seas Cruise (Nov '13)
    Desire Los Cobos (March '13)
    Copa Cabana Desire - Costa Rica (August '10)
    3 trips to Temptations (October '09, '10, '11)
    Spice - Lanzarote, Spain (April '15)

If you are looking for a 5-star resort and that is your most important criteria for a vacation, Hedo might disappoint you. If you are looking for an adults-only, 5-star vacation, I'd check out Couples Negril or Couples Swept Away. They are beautiful all-inclusive resorts with top-notch amenities. The vibe is very relaxing. When my wife and I stayed at Couples Negril, we had a nice time, but we were bored out of our minds. The place was totally dead after 9pm. I think we talked to a total of 3 or 4 other couples the whole time we were there. On the up-side, we got lots of sleep.

Hedo is just fun. All the time. The accommodations and facilities are decent (I'd say 3.5 stars), but do show some age here and there. Food is decent to very good, depending on where you go and what you have. Drinks are top notch. What your room looks like really won't matter much, because you will probably only be there to sleep... or something along those lines. We met more people in the first few hours we were at Hedo than we did in 4 days at Couples. My wife was really nervous about the lifestyle aspect of Hedo, but there's just no pressure, and no judgement whatever you decide to do. Head over to the nude pool around 2pm and give yourself an honest hour - my guess is that you will be completely at home and be wondering what in the world you were worried about.

On our first trip to Jamaica, we split our stay between Couples Negril and Hedo - we did 3 nights at each. We're headed back to Hedo for our 3rd trip in October, and we're already planning a 4th trip for next April. We've never been back to Couples. Take that for what it's worth.

-R
    N&R

Counting Down to Trips 6, 7, and 8:
    Playful Pussycats - April 22 - 29, 2018
    Young Swingers Week - July 21 - 26, 2018
    Playful Pussycats - October 19 - 28, 2018
    (yes, we're addicted)

Quote Originally Posted by NatAndRob View Post
    If you are looking for a 5-star resort and that is your most important criteria for a vacation, Hedo might disappoint you. If you are looking for an adults-only, 5-star vacation, I'd check out Couples Negril or Couples Swept Away. They are beautiful all-inclusive resorts with top-notch amenities. The vibe is very relaxing. When my wife and I stayed at Couples Negril, we had a nice time, but we were bored out of our minds. The place was totally dead after 9pm. I think we talked to a total of 3 or 4 other couples the whole time we were there. On the up-side, we got lots of sleep.

Hedo is just fun. All the time. The accommodations and facilities are decent (I'd say 3.5 stars), but do show some age here and there. Food is decent to very good, depending on where you go and what you have. Drinks are top notch. What your room looks like really won't matter much, because you will probably only be there to sleep... or something along those lines. We met more people in the first few hours we were at Hedo than we did in 4 days at Couples. My wife was really nervous about the lifestyle aspect of Hedo, but there's just no pressure, and no judgement whatever you decide to do. Head over to the nude pool around 2pm and give yourself an honest hour - my guess is that you will be completely at home and be wondering what in the world you were worried about.

On our first trip to Jamaica, we split our stay between Couples Negril and Hedo - we did 3 nights at each. We're headed back to Hedo for our 3rd trip in October, and we're already planning a 4th trip for next April. We've never been back to Couples. Take that for what it's worth.

-R
    That's some good advice....No sense in going on an adult vacation and getting lots of sleep

Thank you all for the replies and some great suggestions it's so frustrating that there aren't more places to chose from, I suppose it's a rather niche market though!

Hello CardiffTwo.

It has been mentioned that Temptation Resort in Cancun is closed for renovations until perhaps October 2017, but have you considered Desire, owned by the same group. Dependent on the crowd, it could be a good introduction to an adult themed holiday. Just don't expect true 5 star facilities for the 7 star nightly rate.