Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Single guys issue

Single guys issue

Hi everyone,
    I'm going with my gf end of March and we re pretty excited as it's our first time. My gf is absolutely hot however, I was warned by someone before that there are a ton of single guys at Hedonism who are very aggressive. I'm wondering what other couples here have experienced...my concern is that we'd spend a good chunk of the vaca fending off single dudes.
    Thanks guys

I would not worry about the single guy issue No means No. If you have a problem you and your gf can just let the staff know and the offending person will be talked to. I you sign up to travel with a group then you become part of that family and they always look out for each other no matter what is going on. Either way aggressive behavior is not tolerated, the ladies are always in control.

The number of single guys varies from week to week, but the week I was there had very few. The resort holds a little more than 500 guests when full and I think you'd be hard pressed to find 10-15 single guys there most weeks.

There may have been more there, but only a few of them were noticeably single guys. I didn't notice any of them be obnoxious or creepy, but I know it does happen from time to time (not only from single guys).

The person who warned you may have been exaggerating, they may have thought that a couple singles guys is too many, or they may just plain be wrong. The vast majority of people at the resort are couples (95%+). For ALL MEN at Hedo, aggressiveness is NOT TOLERATED and they tend to get sorted out fairly quickly by guests if they do step out of line (both from protective husbands and wives who don't mind dishing out the insults).

Please assure your sexy wife that men will be flirting with her (and likely many women as well), but people tend to feel you out through conversation to see if you might be interested in any offers before making any. If people are flirting with you, and you don't flirt back or you seem unreceptive... they will move on. Just be open about what your looking for while your engaged in these conversations... if you're not interested, just indicated you're not into sharing or playing with others. if you get an offer out of nowhere, just politely say "thank you for the offer, but I'm not interested", if anyone gets too pushy or aggressive, there are tons of people there to back her up if required.

We had absolutely zero issues the week we were there, as is the case with most people we've talked to.
    Hedo II - WWV/Hedo Amigos - March 14-21, 2020
    Hedo II - March 9-16, 2019
    Hedo II - WWV/Playful Pussycats - April 2017
    Hedo II - WWV/Hedo Amigos - March 2016

Blog Entries
    in 11 trips to hedo we have only seen a couple of single guys that couldn't take no for an answer and that was because they was drunk. but after telling the staff about it he was taken care of. so no worries about single guys. we would guess who ever told you that either didn't go to hedo or went and didn't like it there( yes that does happen).lol... go and enjoy your trip
    Hedo II jan 2012 2013--2014---
    may-- oct 2014--
    jan. Apr. Oct 2015-- Jan, April, Oct 2016
    2017, April Sept, and Oct
    2018 Orlando June 2-9
    2018 Oct

Up Cumming Trips April and Oct 2017

It could also be due to the behaviour of single guys on many of the other Internet sites. In so many cases they are way beyond creepy and disgusting. In our single trip to Hedo many many years ago we did not experience any of this and the few that we met up with were true gentlemen. As the other posters have noted I would not worry about the single guys there - in this case it is more of a plus than anything else IMHO.

Registered User YoungSwingersWk's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AnK View Post
    Hi everyone,
    I'm going with my gf end of March and we re pretty excited as it's our first time. My gf is absolutely hot however, I was warned by someone before that there are a ton of single guys at Hedonism who are very aggressive. I'm wondering what other couples here have experienced...my concern is that we'd spend a good chunk of the vaca fending off single dudes.
    Thanks guys
    Hello AnK,

We now only book our guests to our events as couples. If you are coming to Young Swingers Week in the end of March we have most of the resort, so there will be very few singles at the resort that week. If anyone at the resort gives you any issues you can tell the resort management and they will help handle the situation. Everyone at the resort is usually very good at understanding that no means no. In addition, the resort is so big, and there are so many people, that they usually move on the minute you say no thank you.

On our trips we have run into a number of single males and we have them in 3 categorizes:

Vinny = A guy that thinks he is gods gift to women, when the male half of the couple leaves for a bar run the vinny approaches the female and tries to convince her to go to his room.

Wally = A guy that tends to stare, they do not usually talk to or socialize with many people, they are the ones that JO behind the bushes looking at peeps.

SAM = Single Awesome Male. Guys that are their to have fun, party, scuba, socialize etc. This is the vast majority of sm that we have met...fun people on vacation...in our opinion, they are more than welcome.

As for the wallies and vinnies, if you see a wally looking at you, confront them...they will go back to the bushes to hide. As for vinnies, let others know, the M half of other couples will be more than happy to send them on their way (not fights...but when confronted by 1 2 3 + guys vinnies tend to say fuck off, you women is ugly anyways, etc, then walk away not to be seen for days

As for SAMs, if you are into that....great guys, if not they are happy to laugh, party, and if needed, look out for the girls to protect them from the vinny and wally that may be there.

We have also seen many couple help look out for sf or a married f where the m half is on a bar run.

In a nutshell...do not worry about sm (or m half of bad couples), 99% of the people that go to hedo are great, respectful, and not creepy. The majority of us watch out for each other (on one trip a sm, myself and my wife helped a very drunk sf back to her room. We saw her later in the night, she thanked us, the sm did not try to take advantage of her...he actually saw her at the pool and asked us if we could help.

I'm a single traveler myself and been to the resort 11 times now. I have never had any trouble that couldn't be dealt with when it comes to single guys. Fact is that if it happens the other men will be right there to help her out. I've found that pretty much everyone watches out for everyone else. It's a great group of people but I'm sure there are times it's best not to go and people do run into a problem from time to time.

I like April/May and Sept for my travels. It's always worked out well for me.
    Promises may get friends but
    'tis performance that keeps them

Quote Originally Posted by toohorny View Post
    On our trips we have run into a number of single males and we have them in 3 categorizes:

Vinny = A guy that thinks he is gods gift to women, when the male half of the couple leaves for a bar run the vinny approaches the female and tries to convince her to go to his room.

Wally = A guy that tends to stare, they do not usually talk to or socialize with many people, they are the ones that JO behind the bushes looking at peeps.

SAM = Single Awesome Male. Guys that are their to have fun, party, scuba, socialize etc. This is the vast majority of sm that we have met...fun people on vacation...in our opinion, they are more than welcome.

As for the wallies and vinnies, if you see a wally looking at you, confront them...they will go back to the bushes to hide. As for vinnies, let others know, the M half of other couples will be more than happy to send them on their way (not fights...but when confronted by 1 2 3 + guys vinnies tend to say fuck off, you women is ugly anyways, etc, then walk away not to be seen for days

As for SAMs, if you are into that....great guys, if not they are happy to laugh, party, and if needed, look out for the girls to protect them from the vinny and wally that may be there.

We have also seen many couple help look out for sf or a married f where the m half is on a bar run.

In a nutshell...do not worry about sm (or m half of bad couples), 99% of the people that go to hedo are great, respectful, and not creepy. The majority of us watch out for each other (on one trip a sm, myself and my wife helped a very drunk sf back to her room. We saw her later in the night, she thanked us, the sm did not try to take advantage of her...he actually saw her at the pool and asked us if we could help.
    Very well said, we have never been to Hedo but I can tell you from another resort (TTR) that it was the same way there. When a guy left a group to go get drinks his partner was always safe because both men and women looked out for her while he was gone. I think that because Hedo is a little more expensive than some of the cheaper resorts it helps keep the groups of young males who are fall down drunk by noon. We are ready for April..

This will be our sixt time, never had any problem, it all about the fun and happiness, we never got in trouble, with most of the single guys you can have a lot of fun....
    12/12 - 12/20 2013 Hedo
    10/03 - 10/18 2014 Hedo
    10/02 - 10/17 2015 Hedo
    03/11 - 03/18 2016 Hedo
    08/10 - 08/14 2016 Capdágde
    09/30 - 10/15 2016 Hedo
    01/06 - 01/21 2017 Hedo

Quote Originally Posted by AnK View Post
    Hi everyone,
    Thanks guys
    Not to worry. Your lady will get attention but it's usually done playfully, and respectably, at least that's been our experience. "Tons of single guys who are aggressive" is a misstatement. As others have said it's mostly couples. The single males we have ran into were for the most part great. There were two occasions where one creeped her out at the bar, and the other one couldn't stop bragging about himself on the catamaran, but nothing that couldn't be dealt with. These are the same things that could happen at your neighborhood bar. You'll know within the first two minutes if you should move on :-)

11 times here, over 11 years, over all times of the years, (so maybe 95 days total), and I’ve only witnessed ONE time, where there was ONE obnoxious / drunk guy- and he wasn’t single.

so the phrase "there are a ton of single guys at Hedonism who are very aggressive” is patently false.

1) there simple aren’t “a ton of single guys”, really, ever
    2) they are rarely if never “aggressive”

unfortunately, most drama, from my observations, is from poor/no communications between couples.

Our 2 cents...

The more aggressive and rude guys were NOT singles, but rather married (significant other, partner... whatever you wish to call them) guys.

So, you and your GF can relax when it comes to single guys... will probably be the more respectful and courteous ones you meet.
    The Chemist and the Flyer

... adding the human touch.

We have been several times and have had no issues. Hope you enjoy!

Not that the dead horse needs to be beaten but I will echo the same opinion as others. First, single guys are not that prevalent. On each of our two trips I would say we saw very few single guys and I don't think there was one issue with them. In fact the ones we spoke to were fun to have a drink and conversation with. And like others said if anyone does get out of control there is security everywhere but honestly before security gets there the nearby people will jump in and set any rude,disrespectfull person straight, single or married guy. Nothing to worry about. Have a great trip!
    Hedonism, the Virgin Trip: March 21-28, 2015
    Hedonism, the Sequel: 3/16-3/26, 2016. Ten days this time around because more is always better.
    Hedonism, Part 3: 3/24-4/1 2017 Swing into Spring group
    Hedonism 2018: Taking the year off to pay some damn bills. DIF is horrible!:
    Hedonism IV: 3/22-3/30 2019 Twister's Swing Break. Let's do this! Can't wait to get back!
    Hedonism V: 3/24/23-4/1/23. Finally back home again!

SLS: HedoCpl62

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast