We have visited this location several times over the summer, so I decided it was time to write a review. Paradise Valley is a clothing optional resort located in north Georgia, just about an hour north of Atlanta. The big outlet mall, Georgia 400, is about 10 miles away. If you are interested in attending, I highly recommend that you visit their website and sign up for the email newsletter.

Facilities - On the first visit, you have to enter the office and fill out paperwork and present ID. On subsequent visits, you just check in at the window. There you will receive your daily agenda, a pass to allow you to enter and purchase drinks, and the code to the gate when you return for the evening activities. There is a sign at the office that states that no public sex is allowed. After driving past a variety of lodging, you arrive at the main area. There are four pools of various sizes, an indoor hot tub, and an outdoor hot tub. There are two open area bars, the Tiki and the Cabana. However the Cabana bar only seems to be open on holiday weekends. There is an indoor bar called The Outback, where lunch is typically served and there is sometimes a live music performer in the evenings. The Lodge is where the dancing takes place at night. Dinner, as well as 1am snack is typically served in a small room adjacent to the Lodge. The Little Clubhouse is a little bit hard to find, but the party sort of moves there around midnight. There is a small hot tub located just outside of that area as well.

Guests - While there are guests of all shapes, sizes, colors, and ages, predominately the clientele is around 40's and 50's and Caucasian. Most people are completely nude, but it is not required. People typically wrap up in a towel or cover-up to get lunch. They usually are dressed for dinner, but you won't be turned away for coming in with a towel on. July 4th weekend, there were probably around 250-300 people there. On an non-holiday weekend it's probably around 80-100. Some people own or rent residences and live there full time. The brochure reads as if the resort is open to families, but I have never seen an under-age person there.

Cost - The first visit is free. I'm sure this is subject to change, but during the summer season we have been paying $75 per day/per couple for admission. You can purchase 10 days for $500, and they also offer annual memberships. About once a month they have a special party with requires an additional fee that varies per event. I've been told the daily fee is lower during the off season.

Food and Drinks - The food is included in your cost of admission, drinks are not. They serve breakfast, lunch, an afternoon snack, dinner, and a 1 am snack. The quality and quantity of food has varied considerably over the summer. It's better and more plentiful on holiday weekends when the crowd is big. Sometimes it is fast food like Taco Bell, Krystals, or pizza. Most often, the food is prepared on site and served buffet style. When you see people starting to line up, you should get in line. If you get there an hour after the posted serving time, there will likely be not much left. The drinks are fairly expensive and seems to vary by which location you purchase at and the time at which you purchase. For example, a bottled water and cranberry with vodka cost us $7 at the tiki bar during the day, $8 in the lodge at 10pm, and $11 in the Little Clubhouse after midnight.

Night life - They typically have some sort of themed party on Saturday nights, like Margaritaville, Toga, Masquerade, etc. The Lodge has a good sized dance floor, TV's playing videos, and a DJ. The Little Clubhouse also has dancing.

Lodging - The resort has a variety of accommodations from RV parks, cabins, private residences, platform tents, condos, and a motel. These seem to book up way in advance during the summer season. We have never stayed on the resort, so I can't comment on any of these. They also regularly have a deal with one of the local hotels, the Dawson Village Inn, typically $29 a night or $49 for two nights on a holiday weekend. You should call Paradise Valley well in advance to make the reservation, as they do sell out. The resort has building lots and residences for sale and for rent as well.

All in all, Paradise Valley Resort and Club is no Hedo, but it is a good place to get an all over tan, enjoy some adult beverages and food you didn't have to prepare, soak in the pool or hot tub, get dressed up sexy, and dance. If you are so inclined, check the newsletters for lifestyle meet and greets they are hosting there as well.

Jeanie Hotpants