Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: A/C Issues please

Quote Originally Posted by HedoJoe View Post
    July is actually a pretty busy month. It slows down a little come August.
    Joe is correct.. There is sold out Fluffers there now and YSW at the end of the month.

We had a slow down from 5th July until the 8th in which the staff did a number of A/C Installs

Registered User jeanie_hotpants's Avatar
    When we visited March 12-19, 2016 I packed a full sized Lysol can in my checked bag. Checked everything in the room worked first, so if any issues we could return to the front desk and change rooms. I was careful not to touch my face and washed hands very well after. Then, I sprayed the opening on the A/C unit (with it turned off) really really well. I sprayed everything else too - doorknobs, remote control, phone, drawer handles, the whole bathroom.

We didn't get sick and I am one who WILL get sick if precautions are not taken (airborne prior to flights). There were MANY reports of people getting VERY ill during and after the week we were there with a respiratory illness. But then we aren't swingers, so we weren't making out with anyone else either. Somehow I imagine that contributes to the spread of these illnesses.

All that being said, our A/C worked fine. We were on the furthest end of the C/O side with a view of the road outside our door.
    Jeanie Hotpants

Past trips:
    May 4-11, 2019 with the Fluffernutters for Princess Week
    March 2016 with Hedo Amigos
    Sept 2011 with Hellians
    Sept 2010 with Hellians
    Aug 2009

FL - a hop, a skip, and a jump away from paradise!
    Quote Originally Posted by jeanie_hotpants View Post
    When we visited March 12-19, 2016 I packed a full sized Lysol can in my checked bag. Checked everything in the room worked first, so if any issues we could return to the front desk and change rooms. I was careful not to touch my face and washed hands very well after. Then, I sprayed the opening on the A/C unit (with it turned off) really really well. I sprayed everything else too - doorknobs, remote control, phone, drawer handles, the whole bathroom.
    I do the same, and add light switches and the water faucet handle to that list of stuff that gets wiped down with Lysol as well. It's something I try to do at any hotel that we stay at, not only Hedo.

Fingers crossed that our room has no cooling issues when we arrive next week.
    Next trip: Young Swingers Week March 18 - 24 2018!

March 21 - 28 2014, Young Swingers Week (Trip report)
    October 3 - 12 2014, Young Swingers Week 2 (Trip report)

Registered User Naughty Nudists's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FloridaCpl View Post
    We buy a small "travel size" aerosol can of Lysol and pack it in our checked luggage. As soon as we get to the room, we spray the air return section (the upper grill area) of the a/c unit. This is where the air is "sucked into" the unit and there is a thin foam filter on the inside. The Lysol gets into the filter and helps to "clean" the air. We have done this on our last two trips and have not had any breathing issues. Good Luck!
    Thanks for the info!

Quote Originally Posted by jeanie_hotpants View Post

We didn't get sick and I am one who WILL get sick if precautions are not taken (airborne prior to flights). There were MANY reports of people getting VERY ill during and after the week we were there with a respiratory illness. But then we aren't swingers, so we weren't making out with anyone else either. Somehow I imagine that contributes to the spread of these illnesses.

All that being said, our A/C worked fine. We were on the furthest end of the C/O side with a view of the road outside our door.
    What does it say about a hotel if you have to spray the place down whenever you visit?

Registered User Naughty Nudists's Avatar
    FWIW,we both got very ill with respiratory illness in April.Did not bring lysol,did not get intimate with others.Second year in a row for me and took a month each time to get over it.Some people are more sensitive than others to whatever was causing it.

You have a much better chance of getting sick in the airport, on the plane, on the bus to the resort, while at the buffet, when shaking hands or when touching pretty much anything, then from the a/c... My 0.02

Glad to hear the A/C unit replacement is happening, we'll be back in Sept. and I don't want a warm room again. The room we had in May was unpleasant. I wanted to share my opinion on the use of Lysol. I've been to Hedo 8 times. Never used Lyson on the A/C unit, and never had a respiratory issue. Maybe we've been lucky, but I don't want people to be overly concerned. I also know maintenance of the A/C filters is a regular occurance. My two cents, you know your body. If you are more likely than most to have a respiratory issue, then definitely take precautions, at least for your peace of mind. If you rarely get sick the standard Hedo maintenance may be satisfactory for you.
    Hedo II - My Happy Place

April 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, & 2021 (no 2020, darn COVID)
    Sept. 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, & 2022

I just returned on the 8th and I can confirm it was my worst room experience ever at Hedo. I booked a GVN room and the minute I walked into the room I felt the warm mugginess. I gave it a few minutes after turning down the thermostat but then immediately went to the front desk and asked for another room. They let me go check the other room first before completing the switch. The new room did not seem much cooler but did seem slightly cleaner than the first room so I asked for a fan which really is a tower air purifier that does not move much air. Little did I know after getting settled in the second room that there was no hot water in the bathroom. So I fought through it and took my cool shower before dinner since it was a long travel day. I did however notify the front desk and they said they would look into it. Well the next morning, I got up around 4am and realized I had no water at all. So I again contacted the front desk and I think they got the water to my room turned back on by 9:30 or 10am.

The housekeeper later asked me how my room was and I explained all the issues and about the fact that I still did not have anything more than lukewarm to cool water in the shower even though the sink did have hot water. She gave me some spiel about they like to take cool showers in Jamaica since the weather is so hot. So for the next couple of days I took my showers in the gym shower after my morning workout. But then decided to inquire again about why the sink water was hot and the shower was still cool. So they sent a maintenance guy to come check it out with me. So he checks it out and confirms it is not hot in the shower but tells me that it can be adjusted hotter if I want? He further explains that because of those jets in the shower, they do not want the water temp too hot so no one accidentally burns themselves when they inevitably turn the dial the wrong way and get blasted by the jets. So on day 3 or 4 of my trip, I finally had a hot shower in my room. The AC was still barely tolerable but with the combination of the fan and keeping the curtains closed it was somewhat manageable. But not what I would expect for the amount of money I am paying for this room.

I will give management credit for at least trying to slowly improve things. But they really have a long way to go. Maybe my opinion is influenced by the fact that I just took a trip to Punta Cana at the end of May at a resort (Breathless) that was only a few years old. But for a lower price than I paid for Hedo, I had far superior experience with facilities and food options. With no AC or water issues. Of course the entertainment staff and overall environment cannot compare to Hedo even though they did have their own air conditioned auditorium just for nightly shows. There really is something about Hedo and Jamaica that feels like home. But as I explained to the General Manager, I will not be back at Hedo until they can guarantee these room issues are resolved.

From what I heard the new refreshed bathrooms will do away with the shower jets that cause an uneven water temperature mixture. So it will be a single throw valve like the sinks so that will help with future water temperature issues. Also, the entire resort is supposed to eventually get the individual AC units. They hope that is complete by next summer but I am not so sure. Also, it seems they finally are getting with the times and will provide free Wi-Fi around the entire resort. Not sure what the timeline is for this but it will be nice. For the people having room issues, I would be sure to request some room credits because what is going on now with these rooms is embarrassing compared to what they are charging.
    Last edited by HJJ; 07-14-2016 at 04:43 PM.

Anyone got any info in the last week? I know perfect is not gonna happen but have they got a handle on the AC issues yet?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Coq-au-vin View Post
    You have a much better chance of getting sick in the airport, on the plane, on the bus to the resort, while at the buffet, when shaking hands or when touching pretty much anything, then from the a/c... My 0.02
    Hubby got sick from the plane...A first in the 59 times we have been...had to go to the ER...he was tested for infection, etc...nothing...ER said, it was most likely from the plane...caught up with him 3 days after coming home...he's fine now...might wear a mask on plane next trip...Oct 29- Nov 11th

Quote Originally Posted by Faren~n~cherry View Post
    Anyone got any info in the last week? I know perfect is not gonna happen but have they got a handle on the AC issues yet?
    Just got back. about half of the a/c units have been replaced and this took a load off the chiller to let it keep up. they are replacing about 10 a day and by the end of the week most people were ok.

Quote Originally Posted by Danny Boy View Post
    Just got back. about half of the a/c units have been replaced and this took a load off the chiller to let it keep up. they are replacing about 10 a day and by the end of the week most people were ok.
    Did you stay on the C/O side?
    1ST TRIP APRIL 27TH MAY 1ST 2013
    2ND TRIP WITH KITTEN&ANGEL'S SPRING FLING APR 12TH TO APR 18TH 2014
    3RD TRIP WITH KITTEN&ANGEL'S SPRING FLING APR 10TH TO APR 17TH 2015.
    4TH TRIP WITH KITTEN&ANGEL'S SPRING FLING APRIL 8TH TO 15TH 2016
    5TH TRIP WITH KITTEN&ANGEL'S SPRING FLING APRIL 17TH TO 22ND 2017
    6TH TRIP KITTEN&ANGEL'S SPRING FLING APRIL 6th to 14th 2018
    7TH TRIP MAY 4TH TO MAY 11TH WITH TANTRIC HEARTS.
    8TH TRIP November 6th to 14th
    9TH TRIP APRIL 30TH TO MAY 8TH

Quote Originally Posted by Brian&Terri View Post
    Did you stay on the C/O side?
    No we were on ocean view nude.

Quote Originally Posted by Danny Boy View Post
    No we were on ocean view nude.
    Ok thanks. We always stay on the C/O side and hope this will fix it. We have until April to get it fixed but sounds very good so far.
    1ST TRIP APRIL 27TH MAY 1ST 2013
    2ND TRIP WITH KITTEN&ANGEL'S SPRING FLING APR 12TH TO APR 18TH 2014
    3RD TRIP WITH KITTEN&ANGEL'S SPRING FLING APR 10TH TO APR 17TH 2015.
    4TH TRIP WITH KITTEN&ANGEL'S SPRING FLING APRIL 8TH TO 15TH 2016
    5TH TRIP WITH KITTEN&ANGEL'S SPRING FLING APRIL 17TH TO 22ND 2017
    6TH TRIP KITTEN&ANGEL'S SPRING FLING APRIL 6th to 14th 2018
    7TH TRIP MAY 4TH TO MAY 11TH WITH TANTRIC HEARTS.
    8TH TRIP November 6th to 14th
    9TH TRIP APRIL 30TH TO MAY 8TH

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast