Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: A/C Issues please

We were at Hedo June 18-26 this year. The building closest to the nude pool is the only building that has been upgraded to individual A/C units. You can see the condensing units located on the exterior wall and in the shrubs. At the repeater party Harry stated that the goal is to convert all units on the nude side to the individual units, which will allow the existing water chilled units to handle the c/o side. How long this will take is not known. Harry also mentioned that all rooms will have the bathrooms refreshed. When we checked in our room in the H block was a bit too warm so we requested a move. We were moved to a OVN room that had good a/c....so all was well. I would like to also say that we were impressed with the many improvements made since last June. The food was great at all venues!

We just got a message from our friends that stayed over and they said the entire nude side ocean view is out of AC service (except for the few that have individual units). I bet there are a lot of unhappy campers at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Ontario View Post
    This guy is hilarious..... We received a private message from him saying he lives in Jamaica just down the road from Hedo... We politely told him this wasn't a trolling or dating site, to carry on ... It looks like he can't take the hint... This is what gives some single guys a bad rap....
    Hey baby, I live in the states and think you are cool. Maybe we can meet on vacation sometimes....ha ha
    1ST TRIP APRIL 27TH MAY 1ST 2013
    2ND TRIP WITH KITTEN&ANGEL'S SPRING FLING APR 12TH TO APR 18TH 2014
    3RD TRIP WITH KITTEN&ANGEL'S SPRING FLING APR 10TH TO APR 17TH 2015.
    4TH TRIP WITH KITTEN&ANGEL'S SPRING FLING APRIL 8TH TO 15TH 2016
    5TH TRIP WITH KITTEN&ANGEL'S SPRING FLING APRIL 17TH TO 22ND 2017
    6TH TRIP KITTEN&ANGEL'S SPRING FLING APRIL 6th to 14th 2018
    7TH TRIP MAY 4TH TO MAY 11TH WITH TANTRIC HEARTS.
    8TH TRIP November 6th to 14th
    9TH TRIP APRIL 30TH TO MAY 8TH

Quote Originally Posted by KattynKyle View Post
    That is good to hear, but it really makes me question why they are now finally addressing the problem somewhat. It is not like this happened overnight.
    They had already started addressing the problem by installing some individual units. They thought they could do many over time but when the unit began to fail and the part they needed had to come from China, they stepped up to do what they could.
    Joe & Ellen
    Desire Pearl - April 18-26, 2023
    Hedonism II - July 18-26, 2023
    Desire Pearl - September 5-13. 2023
    Nile Lifestyle Cruise - January 26 - February 8, 2024

AFF & Kasidie- Empty_Nesters
    SLS - CT_empty_nesters
    SDC - emptynesters1
    http://www.sdc.com?ref=9857

We had no air in April and they gave us two fans. It worked fine at night but during the day it did get pretty warm. We closed the windows during the day and that helped some. When my wife would get ready for dinner I would have to open the window and door to get some air moving...It actually did help...but it's not something we want on our next trip. C/O ocean view side btw
    1ST TRIP APRIL 27TH MAY 1ST 2013
    2ND TRIP WITH KITTEN&ANGEL'S SPRING FLING APR 12TH TO APR 18TH 2014
    3RD TRIP WITH KITTEN&ANGEL'S SPRING FLING APR 10TH TO APR 17TH 2015.
    4TH TRIP WITH KITTEN&ANGEL'S SPRING FLING APRIL 8TH TO 15TH 2016
    5TH TRIP WITH KITTEN&ANGEL'S SPRING FLING APRIL 17TH TO 22ND 2017
    6TH TRIP KITTEN&ANGEL'S SPRING FLING APRIL 6th to 14th 2018
    7TH TRIP MAY 4TH TO MAY 11TH WITH TANTRIC HEARTS.
    8TH TRIP November 6th to 14th
    9TH TRIP APRIL 30TH TO MAY 8TH

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by KattynKyle View Post
    That is good to hear, but it really makes me question why they are now finally addressing the problem somewhat. It is not like this happened overnight.
    Are you kidding me!!! If I had that much tits, ass and weed around me, I wouldn't be able to come up with a proper maintenance plan either!

Sounds like they're dealing with the problem. Hopefully they've thought it through and it doesn't overload the electrical system at the rooms...
    Hedo II - WWV/Hedo Amigos - March 14-21, 2020
    Hedo II - March 9-16, 2019
    Hedo II - WWV/Playful Pussycats - April 2017
    Hedo II - WWV/Hedo Amigos - March 2016

I just got back yesterday and I had the exact same issue. Another couple I talked to were also having the same issue. Although I wasn't in the room much I wish I had somewhere to cool off after showering. I couldn't tell if I was still wet or sweating at times. At night it wasn't too bad.

As for the mold issue, I wouldn't be surprised. I did see some black spots near the AC unit in my room. There were about 2 nights where there was a lot of condensation dripping onto the floor of my room. This isn't enough to keep me away but I do hope it gets sorted out soon enough.

I appreciate the fact they are finally doing something. Too bad it took a major failure to get it going. This project will not be as quick and easy as some are making it to be. It will take 2 guys 1 day to install a unit. They will need to cut open the wall, reinforce the cutout, install the chassis,do the wiring and drain tubing. It is time consuming.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian&Terri View Post
    Hey baby, I live in the states and think you are cool. Maybe we can meet on vacation sometimes....ha ha
    For you (Brian & Terry) we would meet you guys anywhere.... Lol...hope you're keeping well...
    Travel with "KITTEN & ANGEL'S SPRING FLING -- wouldn't go with anyone else....

April 2009- Kitten & Angel. Sept 2009
    April 2010- Kitten & Angel. Sept 2010
    April 2011- Kitten & Angel. Sept 2011
    April 2012- Kitten & Angel. Sept 2012. Oct 2012
    April 2013- Kitten & Angel. Sept 2013
    April 2014- Kitten & Angel. Sept 2014, Oct 2014
    April 2015- Kitten & Angel. Sept 2015
    April 2016- Kitten & Angel. Sept 2016

Sept 2017, 2018, 2019

Quote Originally Posted by ShyinOntario View Post
    Are you kidding me!!! If I had that much tits, ass and weed around me, I wouldn't be able to come up with a proper maintenance plan either!

Sounds like they're dealing with the problem. Hopefully they've thought it through and it doesn't overload the electrical system at the rooms...
    Don't bet on it.

Quote Originally Posted by iacpl View Post
    I appreciate the fact they are finally doing something. Too bad it took a major failure to get it going. This project will not be as quick and easy as some are making it to be. It will take 2 guys 1 day to install a unit. They will need to cut open the wall, reinforce the cutout, install the chassis,do the wiring and drain tubing. It is time consuming.
    More like 3 guys, 5 days each.

Registered User Naughty Nudists's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ontario View Post
    For you (Brian & Terry) we would meet you guys anywhere.... Lol...hope you're keeping well...
    Dream on!They were gonna come by my house this summer until they found out I am six hours out of the way!Sniff!
    But I did get an invite to go to Canada!

Registered User Naughty Nudists's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by iacpl View Post
    I am sure you know what you are talking about but to be perfectly honest,at what I paid for a room you would expect it to be at least as reliable and healthy as the cheapest Days Inn or Motel Six in the States,just sayin'.

Quote Originally Posted by Naughty Nudists View Post
    I am sure you know what you are talking about but to be perfectly honest,at what I paid for a room you would expect it to be at least as reliable and healthy as the cheapest Days Inn or Motel Six in the States,just sayin'.
    I agree wholeheartily.

Quote Originally Posted by phillygirl22 View Post
    More like 3 guys, 5 days each.
    Being in Jamaica, it very well could be. lol

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast