Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: A/C Issues please

Quote Originally Posted by Naughty Nudists View Post
    I agree that what is there now is a problem maker,not a problem solver;especially where mold is concerned.Last time I checked the impression I got was that TSA does not approve of cleaning agents like Lysol being packed in the luggage.True or false?Besides,it's ludicrous to run a resort and expect the guests to have to bring cleaning agents to do what the management should have been doing all along.Just my two cents.Stated by a man who spent two of the last 24 months getting over "Hedo Kennel Cough" that should have never happened.
    I have packed full size Lysol aerosol cans in my checked bags every trip for at least the past 6 years.
    Joe & Ellen
    Desire Pearl - April 18-26, 2023
    Hedonism II - July 18-26, 2023
    Desire Pearl - September 5-13. 2023
    Nile Lifestyle Cruise - January 26 - February 8, 2024

AFF & Kasidie- Empty_Nesters
    SLS - CT_empty_nesters
    SDC - emptynesters1
    http://www.sdc.com?ref=9857

Quote Originally Posted by ShyinOntario View Post
    I have a question... this isn't the busy season right? There should be at least 100 of the 280 available rooms empty? Can't they just close off one or two of the buildings and turn off the A/C in those rooms... effectively removing 100 rooms of A/C off of the current system? Would this not have the same effect as installing 100 independent A/C units?

Close off the low cost rooms and upgrade guests as needed too keep everyone cool while they deal with this upgrade.

I'm no HVAC guy, but it makes sense to me (I'm just an engineer)...
    July is actually a pretty busy month. It slows down a little come August.
    Joe & Ellen
    Desire Pearl - April 18-26, 2023
    Hedonism II - July 18-26, 2023
    Desire Pearl - September 5-13. 2023
    Nile Lifestyle Cruise - January 26 - February 8, 2024

AFF & Kasidie- Empty_Nesters
    SLS - CT_empty_nesters
    SDC - emptynesters1
    http://www.sdc.com?ref=9857

So, how are you using the Lysol? Are you cleaning the A/C units with it?

After reading all of the posts here, we will be bringing Lysol with us in our checked baggage. We will be there Aug 5-15 and are hoping that the A/C will be in working order, but it's not going to hurt to be prepared! We didn't have any problems our first time there...but we've never been there in August either. I'll just leave the can there when we leave--less to take back with us, too!

Registered User Naughty Nudists's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by enigma View Post
    So, how are you using the Lysol? Are you cleaning the A/C units with it?
    This is a great question.Someone please give us a tutorial.Do we take the face of the unit off or just spray any openings from the outside?If we do take the unit cover off,where do we spray the Lysol?Inquiring minds seriously want to know......

Ok so we are going for YSW and have booked nude beach jacuzzi suite. Everyone is saying this premium room should have a stand alone a/c unit by then? Can anyone confirm if it has been done yet? I may have missed it but beginning to worry a bit. This will be our first trip to hedo and no A/C for the entire week might just cause us not to return.

Quote Originally Posted by Tnt2006 View Post
    Ok so we are going for YSW and have booked nude beach jacuzzi suite. Everyone is saying this premium room should have a stand alone a/c unit by then? Can anyone confirm if it has been done yet? I may have missed it but beginning to worry a bit. This will be our first trip to hedo and no A/C for the entire week might just cause us not to return.

We were there this past April with a nude beach jacuzzi room, and the AC was Non existent .. They gave us 2 of what they call a tower fan but what it really is is just a air purifier.. No fans ! I'm sure I dropped a few pounds in sweat..lol... I'm hoping our return trip in September will be different.. We understand the issues and see that Harry is making improvements, and improvements for the better, we just have to be a it more patient!!
    Travel with "KITTEN & ANGEL'S SPRING FLING -- wouldn't go with anyone else....

April 2009- Kitten & Angel. Sept 2009
    April 2010- Kitten & Angel. Sept 2010
    April 2011- Kitten & Angel. Sept 2011
    April 2012- Kitten & Angel. Sept 2012. Oct 2012
    April 2013- Kitten & Angel. Sept 2013
    April 2014- Kitten & Angel. Sept 2014, Oct 2014
    April 2015- Kitten & Angel. Sept 2015
    April 2016- Kitten & Angel. Sept 2016

Sept 2017, 2018, 2019

This was our third visit and probably our last, at least until we can reliably confirm the AC systems have been replaced. We were there July 1st and returned July 9th, (yesterday). We had reserved a premium nude Jacuzzi suite as we have done the last 2 times. I specifically asked about the ac system prior to arrival, (10 days out) to confirm it was ok since our last visit it was hit and miss. I was told it was good with a new unit. We arrived and it was NOT OK. The AC was non existent. I mean zero cold air. We were told all ocean Jacuzzi suites were the same. I asked why I was lied to and was told 3 different stories, one of them was that the owners told the management staff; "to deal with issues as they arose and not to compromise the reservations prior to guest arrival." This is a slap in our face and to the loyalty of repeat guests. We were given a portable air unit, to be clear these are not portable ac systems, they are portable air units. They move air around, in this case as we are in July, it moves hot air around. We were there with several friends and could not leave the resort, we were stuck. To make matters worse, my wife broke her foot a week before our trip and was bound to a knee roller and crutches. Since they are not ADA compliant, we could not move to an upstairs non premium room or other options since we needed to be as close to the beach as possible as that is where she would spend the most amount of time. Awful week. Sleeping=awful, getting ready/makeup for the Mrs=awful! Shame on the owners as they put the staff in a real pickle not to mention the guests. OPur premium rooms also do not include what they used to. No FREE airport transport, no free goodies basket upon arrival. Why remove these great perks? Lastly, we really appreciated the friendliness of many of the staff personnel but unfortunately on this trip we found more rude, disinterested and down right angry staff then we have ever found. It's unfortunate because we truly love this place and admit there is no other like it but we will not return until we can be assured things have changed.

We just returned last night, July 9 and happy to report that our room, 2280, had the new AC installed. It was freezing! During our time there we saw them install a bunch of units in the 2160-2170 both up and downstairs.

Blog Entries
    We just got home last night from Hedo ...June 29- July 9th...they were starting to replace ac's on nude side...just like Harry said at repeater's party...they will continue on prude side as well...ac worked...but not full force when we were there...We were lucky...some people had none at all...they had to bring in fans for them...If anyone has any questions. we will be glad to answer them

Hedo Hugs
    Linda & Rich

Blog Entries
    CHGO...did you have fun???....crazy question..LOL...anyhow it's just like he said about the ac

Hello to all its been awhile since iv been on. We were last febuary for our first trip to hedo it was so amazing. We stayed on prude side ocean veiw and the ac was amazing we never had issues. It seems like it's been forever since we been their. We booked togo back in febuary 2017 for 2 weeks . But things have changed I have to have major back surgry here now in 3 weeks so we're not going till 2018 for hopefully 2 weeks or longer. We miss the place badly. For our first trip we had no issues at all .

Quote Originally Posted by Naughty Nudists View Post
    This is a great question.Someone please give us a tutorial.Do we take the face of the unit off or just spray any openings from the outside?If we do take the unit cover off,where do we spray the Lysol?Inquiring minds seriously want to know......
    We buy a small "travel size" aerosol can of Lysol and pack it in our checked luggage. As soon as we get to the room, we spray the air return section (the upper grill area) of the a/c unit. This is where the air is "sucked into" the unit and there is a thin foam filter on the inside. The Lysol gets into the filter and helps to "clean" the air. We have done this on our last two trips and have not had any breathing issues. Good Luck!

Quote Originally Posted by latinos28 View Post
    A very liable sources gave us some not good news about the AC having major issues sinces late May can you please advice what percentage of the rooms have been fixed or when are all the rooms will be completed.

We been with out AC on a previous vacation and its a horrible experience in humid conditions any information you can please provide
    We just came back from Hedo and they definately have lots of rooms on the nude side affected by a leaking chiller.

They are adding over 100 new units and installing them at at rate of about 5 a day.

The Fluffs are in the house now, so you can be sure they will expect working A/C for all units.

You should be good for your trip, especially if you are going at less than peak occupancy.

Quote Originally Posted by HedoJoe View Post
    I have packed full size Lysol aerosol cans in my checked bags every trip for at least the past 6 years.
    Good to know you wont have to pack lysol anymore after they replace the old crud filled units.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast