Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: A/C Issues please

I emailed the resort today to ask about A/C issues and their rep simply responded that yes, while they had rooms without A/C right now, all should be fine by the time I am there in October. Unfortunately, they didn't say how quickly they would resolve the issue for everyone there in the near future. Sorry. Ugh. That would be miserable to not have A/C in a place like Jamaica...and especially at a resort like this where there's lots of 'heat' going on in the rooms, as it is.
    First Hedo will be Hedoween 2016!
    Gaining more courage each and every day for the next few months :)

We just got back July 16th. As has been noted, about 8-10 units a day were being replaced; all on the nude side. They started at the pool and worked from there. We had friends staying in the H block who got their new unit by mid week, and others who still did not have it when we left Saturday. We were in a GVN room not connected to H block and had minimally functioning air while there. Not sure if those rooms will get new units as well. we were told that the nude side would get the new units and the prude side would run off the chiller. As has also been noted, it would be preferable to stay in a room not running off the chiller if you have that option. If you have a trip planned and are staying on the nude side, you should be good to go, especially if your room is close to the nude pool or in H block.

Thanks for the update... Hopefully that is good news to hear as we arrive the first week of October and are staying on the nude side. October soon come!
    "It was just TOO much FUN!...So, Let's Do it All Over Again!!"

This is the most awesome group of crazy a$$, FUN, Sexy Southerners (& friends from all over) who knows NO strangers!!... We KNOW what southern hospitality is all about!  ... We are all ages & all sizes! Come join our fun!

[SIZE=2]September 30 - October 7, 2017

Wildwomenvacations.com

Is the AC issue resolved? We are due to arrive August 4 and I'm worried ?

Does not sound like it. But it's Jamaica. So who knows. We are going in 2 days and we are determined to have fun, enjoy and just make the best of it cause it is not gonna change

We are going to arrive August 16th and have two ocean view prude side rooms. Would we be better to upgrade now to nude side to get AC ? Or is it a luck of the draw to get AC anyway? Disappointed that we don't trust the management to see that we will get functional room. This will be our sixth time and we have never had any room problems in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by gemfields View Post
    We are going to arrive August 16th and have two ocean view prude side rooms. Would we be better to upgrade now to nude side to get AC ? Or is it a luck of the draw to get AC anyway? Disappointed that we don't trust the management to see that we will get functional room. This will be our sixth time and we have never had any room problems in the past.
    We stayed OVP for the past 5 years in a row and never had problems with the AC...maybe we were lucky.
    s
    St. Martin, FWI, 1991-2011
    Hedonism II -January 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016 (x2), 2017
    Cayo Largo, Cuba, December 1-7, 2014
    Hedonism II - April 10-17, 2016 K&A Spring Fling
    Hedonism II - April 16-23, 2017 K&A Spring Fling
    Hedonism II - April 8-15, 2018 K&A Spring Fling
    Hedo 2 April 14-21, 2019 K&A Spring Fling
    H2 April 8-17, 2022 K&A Spring Fling

"If you want something you've never had, you must be willing to do something you've never done" - Thomas Jefferson

We just came back stayed July 13-18 had no AC the entire time. Many of you are going to say my friend Hedo might be one of them that they are doing their best, however Hedo had this problem coming from a long time ago and they waited until it blew up in their face so I will say is very disappointing to and not have the basic needs such as water and running AC 100%. Yes they are now putting indivual units in every room and should be done maybe by the end of this month but this could have been avoided along if they would have done the right move right at the begging. Many people are upset many people are considering other places.

And yes it might not be the same but if you gather a bunch of people you have met before and take them to Desire or maybe even temptation you will have a blast

However we had blast and try to stay away from the room as much as possible. Met some great people couples and singles. And met another great group.
    Last edited by latinos28; 07-20-2016 at 09:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CapnMorgan View Post
    We stayed OVP for the past 5 years in a row and never had problems with the AC...maybe we were lucky.
    All of your trips were before the chiller failed.

Hello I guess we got lucky then . We went last febuary and it was our first trip to hedo . It was amazing our water was fine and our ac was good the whole time . We weren't in our room much any how to sleep and wild sex . I knew what to expect some what so it didn't matter to us . We must been lucky for our first trip togo so well .

Quote Originally Posted by stiffonealways View Post
    Hello I guess we got lucky then . We went last febuary and it was our first trip to hedo . It was amazing our water was fine and our ac was good the whole time . We weren't in our room much any how to sleep and wild sex . I knew what to expect some what so it didn't matter to us . We must been lucky for our first trip togo so well .
    I would imagine that the air conditioner load for Hedo during February isn't quite as much as it was when we were there the July 4th weekend. It didn't work very well and some not at all.

We were there the 13th through the 19th. Prude Ocean View room 1119. On the first day the AC wasn't doing much but every day after that it was fine. It wasn't icy cold but we are hot natured and were comfortable to sleep each night. As we were there they kept getting new units installed on the nude side which relieved the pressure on the cooler and made the prude side colder. I imagine by now things are working fine everywhere. The staff was gracious about the issue and most people who had warm rooms received vouchers for a free night.

So no worries.

Any word on the AC installations

Just returned the 29th. They still seem to be replacing quite a bit of units each day. I can say that we had cold a/c the entire trip except the final hour we were there when they were changing the unit in our room. So 2 trips and both times had blasting a/c and plenty of hot water. Hope your trips go just as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Jnshay View Post
    Just returned the 29th. They still seem to be replacing quite a bit of units each day. I can say that we had cold a/c the entire trip except the final hour we were there when they were changing the unit in our room. So 2 trips and both times had blasting a/c and plenty of hot water. Hope your trips go just as well.
    That is fantastic news! Thank you for the update.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast