Thread: Crew de Crazy 10th Year Anniversary Trip 6/18 to 6/25 2016

Cool Crew de Crazy 10th Year Anniversary Trip 6/18 to 6/25 2016

Review of 10th Anniversary Krewe de Krazy trip 6/18 to 6/25 2016

I am going to keep this years review as short as possible. This was our 8th annual Krewe de Krazy trip, and happily almost everyone was back again. As always we were there with the Naughty Rockers, Texas Two Steppers and Sex Games. We love the fact that after 10 years we have sort of morphed into one big group, and we consider everyone from all 4 groups to be family. Imagine the smile on my face when someone called out to us in the airport before we even hit the bus. It was good to be home.

Food: was really good. Harry San was excellent, as was the Friday International buffet.
    Service: excellent, surely another step up. Alicia, Michelle and Ricardo are still there, we love them. But we didn’t see Eduardo; not sure if he is still working there anymore. Delroy has retired, and Scumba is no more.
    Room: 2148; we have had this room before and love the location. I fixed the shower 2 years ago, and it still works fine.
    PDA’s: plentiful, and no issues with the sex police
    Shows: excellent, Winston and crew worked their butts off, and every year they get better and better
    Spa Playroom: wonderful, expanded upon and used by many. A great spot to rendezvous with new and old friends. The large room to the side is great; multiple beds, ceiling chains, swing, and gorgeous multi person shower........can’t beat that.
    Weather: rained every day, but no wash outs
    Flights: fast 3:20 door to door from NYC. Customs in Jamaica now has kiosks that sped things up. The economy must be better, we have never seen the airport so packed, especially leaving.
    Taxi: Rocky’s always! Wayne on the way, and Alton coming back. Alton gave us quite a great history lesson, and pointed out things we have seen, but never noticed before. He was great.
    Negatives: a/c sucked for most people on the nude side all but one day, and still very moldy. The Mrs.and I both have sore throats from it. She is feeling crappy still. We heard all the nude side rooms are going to individual units, and the chiller is due to have its load cut in half eventually. They desperately need a proper maintenance program. Several people in our group in the last 2 years came down with Legionairs disease, and we are now sick.
    Things felt a bit more santized and controlled. DJ’s play all day till about 6pm, same songs and nothing referring to sex, or curses. I know it’s not Germaine. In years past I DJ’d a lot, this year not much. Many of my pre done mixes contained curses in songs or sexual references. Really? At Hedo? With group sex going on all over? Makes no sense to me.Still no additional shade over the pool, but there are possible plans for this. As you already know from the bulletin board there have been a few incidents nearby. The head on crash and the tragic shooting of the Canadian. However this year is the first time we can verify that something happened inside the resort. Three adjacent rooms on the top, next to the trellis by the nude pool were burglarized at about 9:30 pm. From what we heard the new security company was all up by the bathrooms at the nude hot tub and the beach was not being watched. That corner by the trellis is very dark, and apparently the thieves climbed up, went through the slider window, and deadbolted the door. They carefully went through everything, and took valuables. From what we heard one couple lost all there spending money. They then robbed the two adjoining rooms. Put EVERYTHING of value in the safe!
    All in all another great trip; Harry the owner was in house all week, and obviously he is putting money and effort in all the time. Standards keep going up, as they need to compete with the cruises and Desire. Of course prices are likely to rise to reflect this, but dollar for dollar it is still the best adult value out there. And yes, we will be again next year.

Thanks for the report, glad you enjoyed over all.
    Sorry to read that people are still getting sick and hope you and the Mrs. recover quickly.
    Very distressing to read about the burglaries, first time we have heard of this at Hedo...management is going to have to take care of this real quick!
    s
    St. Martin, FWI, 1991-2011
    Hedonism II -January 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016 (x2), 2017
    Cayo Largo, Cuba, December 1-7, 2014
    Hedonism II - April 10-17, 2016 K&A Spring Fling
    Hedonism II - April 16-23, 2017 K&A Spring Fling
    Hedonism II - April 8-15, 2018 K&A Spring Fling
    Hedo 2 April 14-21, 2019 K&A Spring Fling
    H2 April 8-17, 2022 K&A Spring Fling

"If you want something you've never had, you must be willing to do something you've never done" - Thomas Jefferson

Registered User The Travel Slut's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Thanks for the report Jointlock and it was great seeing you again. I just got home late last night and will also do a trip report but your summary was excellent.

I'd add/clarify some info based on my extra 3 days on the back end of the trip and after discussions with Hedo staff about the very minor issues that occurred.

Rain)---from my Floridian standpoint, we had occasional showers, almost none at night and in my 12 days, every morning was near perfect.

Rocky's)---again, flawless, safe, efficient transfers and always with a smile (and Red Stripes)

A/C's)--as was stated at the Repeaters Party--all the nude side rooms will be retrofitted with individual air conditioning units soon and that will serve 2 purposes including reducing/eliminating sporadic outages/weak output (I had that issue in room #2129 on the 1st day but setting up 2 room fans and fixing my chiller line resolved this problem) and by removing the nude rooms from the chiller unit, that will increase power to the garden rooms and thus reducing those issues also. And no moldy issues but I always have our room unit filter changed on day 1 plus sprayed with lysol)

Room breakins)---There were 3 rooms on the 2nd floor of the nude beach area that were entered via unlocked sliders and the thiefs took only cash from the unoccupied rooms. Interestingly enough, access was gained via a ladder that had been left behind when the chiller repair crew were upstairs working on A/C's. The investigation continues.

Anyway, thank you again for coming being a great Director of Admissions, Music and all things mechanically-induced....lol.

Looking forward to seeing you the Krewe June 17-24, 2017 for our 11th Annual Group Trip Adventure at Hedo and who knows what surprises await.

Enjoy the rest of your summer and will keep you posted on my upcoming travel destinations and stopovers.

Glad you had another great trip!

To clarify....unlocked doors and items of value /money not in safe?
    Not that I like to hear of it happening, but that could happen anywhere!

Registered User Naughty Nudists's Avatar
    Some in our group in April,including Mrs NN and myself,got quite ill with respiratory illness while on site.I didn't want to bring it up but mold was mentioned at the time.If it is coming from the a/c units then they need to be replaced.I got sick the last two trips and it took me a month each time to get over it,even with the steroid shots etc.
    And she is still pretty upset about it and not wanting to return as she has asthma and it makes it worse.Meanwhile,I had never experienced severe chest congestion like I had while there and the coughing fit that ensued as a result.