Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Curious but cautious

Curious but cautious

We're an attractive couple (him=early 40's; her=early 30's) who are both fit with well-toned bodies (not supermodels, of course, but we're both pretty proud of what we've got). We love showing off our bodies and have been in the lifestyle for almost a year now and absolutely love it. However, we occasionally encounter clubs, lifestyle meet ups, etc, that tend to cater to much older crowds who tend not to be as active or in shape as us. Sometimes that's totally fine, as we always like meeting new people, but there have been experiences where we are the only slim couple under 50. And it can get awkward at times with a bit of excessive attention by multiple couples that we simply aren't attracted to physically.

We LOVE the idea of visiting Hedo, and think we'd have a great time, but would we stand out amongst the regular clientele? We're definitely looking for some fun, but also like the idea of blending in and enjoying some anonymity... Which can be hard to find when you feel super different from everyone else.

We hope this doesn't paint us as arrogant or full of ourselves. We just know that physical chemistry and compatibility is always a component of the lifestyle. We love to celebrate all body types and delight in the fact that there are places where everyone can be free to love their bodies and share them without shame. but not everyone is attracted to every body type when it comes time for finding play partners.

Thanks for any advice you all have!
    Cheers,
    P and R

There's a wide cross section of humanity at H2.... much like your local supermarket. Likely 80% older, fatter folks.

Try attending during a group event (we are attending young swingers week). Depending on the group, you will have an idea of the type of guests you will share hedo with during your stay. Additionally, you will get to make friends and build relationships with your group which can be good for chemistry. Finally, even though groups may give tailor their clientele to some degree you will still have multiple body types to celebrate and enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by BirdsofParadise View Post
    We're an attractive couple (him=early 40's; her=early 30's) who are both fit with well-toned bodies (not supermodels, of course, but we're both pretty proud of what we've got). We love showing off our bodies and have been in the lifestyle for almost a year now and absolutely love it. However, we occasionally encounter clubs, lifestyle meet ups, etc, that tend to cater to much older crowds who tend not to be as active or in shape as us. Sometimes that's totally fine, as we always like meeting new people, but there have been experiences where we are the only slim couple under 50. And it can get awkward at times with a bit of excessive attention by multiple couples that we simply aren't attracted to physically.

We LOVE the idea of visiting Hedo, and think we'd have a great time, but would we stand out amongst the regular clientele? We're definitely looking for some fun, but also like the idea of blending in and enjoying some anonymity... Which can be hard to find when you feel super different from everyone else.

We hope this doesn't paint us as arrogant or full of ourselves. We just know that physical chemistry and compatibility is always a component of the lifestyle. We love to celebrate all body types and delight in the fact that there are places where everyone can be free to love their bodies and share them without shame. but not everyone is attracted to every body type when it comes time for finding play partners.

Cheers,
    P and R
    So when did you book?

Best advise.. book it and go!

We are there for the first two weeks in July

You won't standout. Some may look at you and enjoy the view but you may not be what they are looking for also. We usually find a good number of young in shape couples as well as older ones that are in very good shape. I know you're interested in hooking up and I'm sure you will find what you are looking for but don't go if that's your only goal. Hedo offers so much that finding another couple is a small part of the fun. We've become really great friends with couple that could be our parents and some that are much younger. I'd say go with making friends and having a great time at the top of the list and if you find a couple you like then great. Hedo is such an open place that you will be one of the many that visit and will blend in just fine as long as you're outgoing and friendly. A group would be a good idea like hotknox said.
    1ST TRIP APRIL 27TH MAY 1ST 2013
    2ND TRIP WITH KITTEN&ANGEL'S SPRING FLING APR 12TH TO APR 18TH 2014
    3RD TRIP WITH KITTEN&ANGEL'S SPRING FLING APR 10TH TO APR 17TH 2015.
    4TH TRIP WITH KITTEN&ANGEL'S SPRING FLING APRIL 8TH TO 15TH 2016
    5TH TRIP WITH KITTEN&ANGEL'S SPRING FLING APRIL 17TH TO 22ND 2017
    6TH TRIP KITTEN&ANGEL'S SPRING FLING APRIL 6th to 14th 2018
    7TH TRIP MAY 4TH TO MAY 11TH WITH TANTRIC HEARTS.
    8TH TRIP November 6th to 14th
    9TH TRIP APRIL 30TH TO MAY 8TH

Some will be offended by this, but Young Swingers Week would probably be your best choice. All walks of life will be there as well, because it's not a resort takeover by any means, but it is a group that targets the type of crowd you seem to be most interested in. I will also say aside from YSW, any week with high occupation will also boost your selection of specific physical preferences.

No mean no, and very few take one for the team. It's a buffet, if you do not like the selection pass on by.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian&Terri View Post
    You won't standout. Some may look at you and enjoy the view but you may not be what they are looking for also. We usually find a good number of young in shape couples as well as older ones that are in very good shape. I know you're interested in hooking up and I'm sure you will find what you are looking for but don't go if that's your only goal. Hedo offers so much that finding another couple is a small part of the fun. We've become really great friends with couple that could be our parents and some that are much younger. I'd say go with making friends and having a great time at the top of the list and if you find a couple you like then great. Hedo is such an open place that you will be one of the many that visit and will blend in just fine as long as you're outgoing and friendly. A group would be a good idea like hotknox said.

Well said.... We are with you guys, we made amazing friends (yourselves included) as well as others who are old enough to be our parents... It's all about having fun and making friends.. Just in some of our cases those friends turned out to be more like family... I guess that's what it's like when you go with an amazing group...
    Travel with "KITTEN & ANGEL'S SPRING FLING -- wouldn't go with anyone else....

April 2009- Kitten & Angel. Sept 2009
    April 2010- Kitten & Angel. Sept 2010
    April 2011- Kitten & Angel. Sept 2011
    April 2012- Kitten & Angel. Sept 2012. Oct 2012
    April 2013- Kitten & Angel. Sept 2013
    April 2014- Kitten & Angel. Sept 2014, Oct 2014
    April 2015- Kitten & Angel. Sept 2015
    April 2016- Kitten & Angel. Sept 2016

Sept 2017, 2018, 2019

Registered User Naughty Nudists's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ontario View Post
    Well said.... We are with you guys, we made amazing friends (yourselves included) as well as others who are old enough to be our parents... It's all about having fun and making friends.. Just in some of our cases those friends turned out to be more like family... I guess that's what it's like when you go with an amazing group...
    Happy Birthday Young Lady!Dang,I wish I could adopt some of the young couples from Canada and Kentucky and remember them in my will!Too bad there's not enough to go around!LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by Naughty Nudists View Post
    Happy Birthday Young Lady!Dang,I wish I could adopt some of the young couples from Canada and Kentucky and remember them in my will!Too bad there's not enough to go around!LOL.
    OHH NN! You will always be our family whether we are in the will or not..lol..and I'm sure the Kentucky couple feel the same way... We need to get together...ok everyone fly to our place we will put you up and have a blast..lol...we throw a BBQ on the 23rd of next month, you're welcome to join, a lot of family friends and families who work for us... Our door is always open...actually we have K & F from New Jersey coming back for it...they were here last year...we actually had the two of them tubing behind the boat last year...lol..a great time always...something to consider before the snow falls...lol..
    Travel with "KITTEN & ANGEL'S SPRING FLING -- wouldn't go with anyone else....

April 2009- Kitten & Angel. Sept 2009
    April 2010- Kitten & Angel. Sept 2010
    April 2011- Kitten & Angel. Sept 2011
    April 2012- Kitten & Angel. Sept 2012. Oct 2012
    April 2013- Kitten & Angel. Sept 2013
    April 2014- Kitten & Angel. Sept 2014, Oct 2014
    April 2015- Kitten & Angel. Sept 2015
    April 2016- Kitten & Angel. Sept 2016

Sept 2017, 2018, 2019

If you're looking for younger, more fit options, then look to go during a busy week (large groups in winter months) or during one of the Young Swinger Weeks. The more people at the resort, the more options from any age group/hair colour/body type/skin colour you will find.

We were there in mid March and the resort was full. I would guess that there were only about 10 couples in their 30's including us, and less than half were experienced in the lifestyle... But lots of couples in their 40's which we found attractive and fun. YSW was the next week and I guess that younger people gravitated towards that week.

If your young, fit and attractive, your going to stand out to some degree no matter where you go... Especially at a place that is lifestyle oriented... And you're in sexy outfits or naked! I hope you're the kind of couple who gets flattered rather than insulted when you get some attention... Even when your not attracted to the people giving you attention.

If you go with a good attitude and looking for fun... Your going to find it... No matter when you go. Hedo is what you make of it. Go with an open mind and reasonable expectations and you'll have the best vacation of your life.

Have fun.
    Last edited by ShyinOntario; 06-26-2016 at 10:21 AM.
    Hedo II - WWV/Hedo Amigos - March 14-21, 2020
    Hedo II - March 9-16, 2019
    Hedo II - WWV/Playful Pussycats - April 2017
    Hedo II - WWV/Hedo Amigos - March 2016

Quote Originally Posted by BirdsofParadise View Post

Cheers,
    P and R
    Yoou would do well to sign up with the Young Swingers Week group.. they have an event at the end of this month.

No other group offers the demographic you are looking for... we have been to each of there events since they started in 2014.

You are correct that the vast majority of people who go to Hedo are certainly carrying a few pounds and most are over 50.

YSW has hot fit, young peeps to party with

http://youngswingersweek.com

Registered User Naughty Nudists's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ontario View Post
    OHH NN! You will always be our family whether we are in the will or not..lol..and I'm sure the Kentucky couple feel the same way... We need to get together...ok everyone fly to our place we will put you up and have a blast..lol...we throw a BBQ on the 23rd of next month, you're welcome to join, a lot of family friends and families who work for us... Our door is always open...actually we have K & F from New Jersey coming back for it...they were here last year...we actually had the two of them tubing behind the boat last year...lol..a great time always...something to consider before the snow falls...lol..
    Thanks!I must say it's a tempting offer!

Quote Originally Posted by Naughty Nudists View Post
    I'll be happy with a juicy peach ;-)
    1ST TRIP APRIL 27TH MAY 1ST 2013
    2ND TRIP WITH KITTEN&ANGEL'S SPRING FLING APR 12TH TO APR 18TH 2014
    3RD TRIP WITH KITTEN&ANGEL'S SPRING FLING APR 10TH TO APR 17TH 2015.
    4TH TRIP WITH KITTEN&ANGEL'S SPRING FLING APRIL 8TH TO 15TH 2016
    5TH TRIP WITH KITTEN&ANGEL'S SPRING FLING APRIL 17TH TO 22ND 2017
    6TH TRIP KITTEN&ANGEL'S SPRING FLING APRIL 6th to 14th 2018
    7TH TRIP MAY 4TH TO MAY 11TH WITH TANTRIC HEARTS.
    8TH TRIP November 6th to 14th
    9TH TRIP APRIL 30TH TO MAY 8TH

In our three trips, one with a full resort during YSW (we weren't there with that group, just there during the same time), and two times when the resort was at about 50% occupancy, we've always notice many attractive, fit couples. Sure there are couples of all ages, shapes and sizes, but we've noticed a fairly even split. Mind you, our first trip was during the Caribbean Burlesque Festival, so there were many in shape performers there. But our other trip was taken when there wasn't much going on at Hedo, and still there were many physically attractive couples present.

Now all that said, we have found ourselves hanging out far more often than not with people who probably wouldn't be considered the most physically attractive there. We like to hang with people who are full of good energy, like to laugh, and who are confident and happy with themselves... It's funny, but those often aren't the most physically fit of the lot. In fact, we notice the really 'hot' couple(s) often keep to themselves and miss out on the best part of Hedo - which is meeting new people and having fun!

So really any week is a good week at Hedo, so long as you make an effort to make friends (and it doesn't take much of an effort). But I also agree with others that the YSW is probably the week you will see the most young(er) folks, while also being able to enjoy the company of folks from other groups too.
    Hedo, Sept. 27-Oct. 8, 2015 (can't wait to return).

Hedo, February 2015.

Hedo, September 2014 . First time!

Brilliance of the Seas - January 2014

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast