Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: COSMOPOLITAN Magazine feature article on Young Swingers® Week

Registered User Naughty Nudists's Avatar
    Maybe I have the wrong attitude but I think there is enough media attention respective to Hedo on YouTube alone without mainstream magazines on news stands throwing it in everyone's consciousness.People interested in naked adult fun will find it thru Google et. al. so less exposure helps assure some of the mystique about the resort......besides,the place seems busy enough already.

I totally see your point, but please note that much of my point is that the article gets the Hedo name swirling and the research that will follow will clear up any misconceptions. And don't forget, anyone who is already a prior Hedo guest knows the truth, so the article is really only having an impact on newbies who will almost for sure do their homework... Love ya Joe and all your posts
    Last edited by jshell; 05-29-2016 at 02:57 PM.

I felt like that article revealed much more about the writer than it did about the resort or YSW.

It was obvious from the get-go that she was totally out of her comfort zone. She talks about trying not to stare at a penis (who cares?) and she stuck to the Prude beach for the most part because the forced nudity was uncomfortable. But she and her BF were obviously charged up, because then she goes on to talk about the great sex they were having. She's nothing but a bunch of contradictions.

When she got called out for being a spectator at the nude pool and begrudgingly removed her bottoms because "goddammit she's a reporter", it was over for her. There was no way Hedo was getting a truly positive review, because there's no way she could accept herself as a participant in what was going on there. It's just too much of a detour from the script she's been told to expect her whole life. She was afraid of what that would say about her.

At the end of the day, I think this will be good for the resort, and good for YSW as well, despite the inaccurate and somewhat unfair view of the article.

-R
    N&R

Counting Down to Trips 6, 7, and 8:
    Playful Pussycats - April 22 - 29, 2018
    Young Swingers Week - July 21 - 26, 2018
    Playful Pussycats - October 19 - 28, 2018
    (yes, we're addicted)

anywhere one can find the article sans purchase? i would love the read the whole thing, just not for 7$

Quote Originally Posted by k1lluaNcortana View Post
    anywhere one can find the article sans purchase? i would love the read the whole thing, just not for 7$
    http://www.cosmopolitan.com/sex-love...ingers-resort/

Quote Originally Posted by NatAndRob View Post
    I felt like that article revealed much more about the writer than it did about the resort or YSW.

It was obvious from the get-go that she was totally out of her comfort zone. She talks about trying not to stare at a penis (who cares?) and she stuck to the Prude beach for the most part because the forced nudity was uncomfortable. But she and her BF were obviously charged up, because then she goes on to talk about the great sex they were having. She's nothing but a bunch of contradictions.

When she got called out for being a spectator at the nude pool and begrudgingly removed her bottoms because "goddammit she's a reporter", it was over for her. There was no way Hedo was getting a truly positive review, because there's no way she could accept herself as a participant in what was going on there. It's just too much of a detour from the script she's been told to expect her whole life. She was afraid of what that would say about her.

At the end of the day, I think this will be good for the resort, and good for YSW as well, despite the inaccurate and somewhat unfair view of the article.

-R
    Yep I think you nailed it. I think it completely said more about the reporter than hedo or ysw although I don't think the article is that bad. Maybe if she was able to get out of the "reporter" mindset she would have enjoyed it more. Or like everyone says hedo isn't for everyone so maybe it is just not her thing.Either way we are not worried about it. We are just trying to figure out how to get back there...ASAP!
    Hedonism, the Virgin Trip: March 21-28, 2015
    Hedonism, the Sequel: 3/16-3/26, 2016. Ten days this time around because more is always better.
    Hedonism, Part 3: 3/24-4/1 2017 Swing into Spring group
    Hedonism 2018: Taking the year off to pay some damn bills. DIF is horrible!:
    Hedonism IV: 3/22-3/30 2019 Twister's Swing Break. Let's do this! Can't wait to get back!
    Hedonism V: 3/24/23-4/1/23. Finally back home again!

SLS: HedoCpl62

I think this bit from the article says it all:

"The sexual freedom was so insistent that I'd started feeling obligated to "let myself be free," which perhaps wasn't something I actually wanted."

If you don't desire that level of freedom, it's impossible for you to see the value in having it.

-R
    N&R

Counting Down to Trips 6, 7, and 8:
    Playful Pussycats - April 22 - 29, 2018
    Young Swingers Week - July 21 - 26, 2018
    Playful Pussycats - October 19 - 28, 2018
    (yes, we're addicted)

Ahh thanks cdn_cpl for the link, it was nice to read the entire article.

I like the lack of understanding into other areas of the natural world "...alternate univserse when men trim and sculpt to attract female gaze"

hrmmm where does that happened anywhere else? oh right Everywhere in nature, look at every bird that ever existed.. males are always brighter and more feathery...

though this article is written from a "we wanted to go on vacation" perspective, its pretty clear that it was a drew the short straw assignment..

You are most welcome.

I get the feeling that you all are slamming the reporter because she didn't have the end all time of her life. She liked it just fine until she was forced to do something. Regardless, she went to Hedo and wrote an article about her experience. I agree that the beginning of the article makes it sound like YSW is the only time anything exciting happens there (and that's just inaccurate). But seriously, some of you guys can be pretty intolerant of differing opinions around here. How about bringing some of that Hedo "we accept everyone" mentality to the board?
    Why do all the people who get naked at Hedo wear their judgement pants here?

Great post and read my posts too. I have supported this article and group (though I am over the preferred age range) since it came out. I am the odd one out on some board discussions. I warn single guys they will most likely be disappointed and they can't intentionally lower expectations to be fine with it. While 95% of forum members tell them go and they will have a great time. Some will have a great time, most will have a mediocre time.

Hedo is awesome, awesome, awesome, but it ain't for everyone.

On the article, it looks to be written as if by off chance her Mom may read it one day lol.

Quote Originally Posted by jshell View Post

On the article, it looks to be written as if by off chance her Mom may read it one day lol.
    That's a good point jshell. It's easy enough for us since we're protected by the anonymity of our profile name and the inherent respect other Hedonists have for your privacy. We can openly admit how much we like it and we don't care that it's against social norms because, no one really knows who we are.

I'd probably be a little more reserved if my review was going to be published at my place of work... and for the world in a magazine. Particularly since I doubt she was ready for this kind of experienced. I think she wouldn't have gone on her own if this hadn't been assigned to her and this was evident in her story.

I found it interesting all the same.
    Hedo II - WWV/Hedo Amigos - March 14-21, 2020
    Hedo II - March 9-16, 2019
    Hedo II - WWV/Playful Pussycats - April 2017
    Hedo II - WWV/Hedo Amigos - March 2016

Shy makes a good point, probably something tough to write about knowing how many will read in a large magazine..

I think that if you consider people to be slamming the reporter or the article Evo, media pieces are meant to be criticized i think all of the discussion on here helps with looking at different perspectives..

Quote Originally Posted by NatAndRob View Post

-R
    Thanks for clearly articulating my exact feelings on the matter. Perhaps if the author took an honest look at herself, she would agree!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234