Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: COSMOPOLITAN Magazine feature article on Young Swingers® Week

FL - a hop, a skip, and a jump away from paradise!
    We've traveled with YSW on our last 4 trips and are making our 5th trip with the group this July. You can include us among the people who socialize with EVERYONE while we're there, regardless of if they are with our group or not and regardless of age. Heck, when we were there last October I believe there were at least 5 other groups in-house and from what I experienced, our group got along great with everyone. That said, we appreciate that this group aims to bring as large of a young crowd of people to the resort as they can, and hopefully those folks return home and go off and spread the word about how much of an awesome time they had at Hedonism II to everyone they can.

I agree that the author made a terrible choice of choosing "low key" to describe Hedo on ANY week, and yeah, on the last page she talks about not being a fan of mandatory nudity (she doesn't like "mandatory" anything) on the nude beach, which I can only sigh at. Other than that I enjoyed the article just as I enjoy reading all the trip reports about Hedo that get posted on this site and others.
    Next trip: Young Swingers Week March 18 - 24 2018!

March 21 - 28 2014, Young Swingers Week (Trip report)
    October 3 - 12 2014, Young Swingers Week 2 (Trip report)

I don't think anybody has an issue with the principle of YSW. It's true that they attract a new clientele to Hedo that is needed for the long term health of the resort. The issue I have is with the tone of the article suggesting that this is the only fun "hypersexual" week at Hedo and all other weeks are "low key" ( all this in the very first sentence). This is insulting to other groups and guests that go to Hedo and make their week an epic, fun filled time.

How exactly does the author of the article know that the other weeks are all "low-key"? I have no doubt that this was suggested to the author by the organizers as this article sounds exactly like a planted PR piece.
    Last edited by Cdn_cpl; 05-11-2016 at 07:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jshell View Post
    While we barely miss the preferred age range, YSW is an awesome idea and promotion, even if not designed for us. Hedo just isn't a common first thought for 20 and 30 somethings. Agree, or not, mid life is when most people even think of Hedo. YSW seems to be an avenue to draw the young crowd in, which can only add variety to the mix, which is never bad.

Not to mention there are several weeks designed for black people, swingers, fetish, etc... so what's negative about adding YSW? Nothing. I'm sure many young people, still with self conscious issues about places like Hedo would see this as an opportunity to be around similar people they naturally would connect more with. Heck, I'd like to be at the resort during YSW just to feel the atmosphere and see if it's any more charged. Plus, I would bet the farm they would be mingling with all guest, not just those in their group.
    Couldn't agree more.

Don't forget that for those of you going in your 40's and 50's... you are the majority there when you go. How would you feel if the majority of the resort was filled with people 20-30 years older than you (70-80 year olds)?

When a 20something goes to Hedo on a normal week, they are the minority (there were only a handful of couples in their 30's the week we were there). Most of the people at the resort are nearly double their age... old enough to be their parents. I can understand the need to have a dedicated week for them to be with others their own age and likely in a similar place in life so they can relate to each other. Getting a new generation of swingers going to Hedo is important to the sustainability of the resort.

I understand how hard it is to openly advertise and attract young people without looking like you're excluding older people. Lots of people appear to be sensitive about their age.

Really too bad that author insulted the majority of Hedo people in the opening line... sounds like she also insulted the Young Swingers in the closing lines.
    Hedo II - WWV/Hedo Amigos - March 14-21, 2020
    Hedo II - March 9-16, 2019
    Hedo II - WWV/Playful Pussycats - April 2017
    Hedo II - WWV/Hedo Amigos - March 2016

Registered User singlecruiser70's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I don't see any problem here...... I'm 78 and still enjoy the freedom of free thinking couples. You ge or old has no brring on my thoughts....... Dick Singiecruiser
    It all started when God created the big bang 13.81 Billion years ago.

......SLS as Singlecruiser

Hedo III 11-17 Apr 2010.....Hedo II 9-16 Apr 2011.....Hedo II 19-27 Nov 2011
    Hedo II 7-15 Apr 2012.....Hedo II 17-25 Nov 2012.....Hedo II 6-14 Apr 2013
    Hedo II 23-2 NovDec 2013.....Hedo II 12-20 Apr 2014..... Hedo II 12-20 July 2014
    Hedo II 9-16 Apr 2016....

YSW does some strategic marketing, and has some good computer skills with their ads. All great people I'm sure. At first glance at one of their posts, for one who didn't know better, it looks like the great buffet and food was something specific to their week. Can't blame them for putting their best foot forward, however the resort rocks the other weeks of the year with people of all ages. Haven't read the whole article but journalists will put their own spin on things and the interviewee is usually surprised as well when they read it. I'm sure some newbies who don't fit the age group would be hesitant to book during their time which isn't a good thing. Some could misconstrue it as a total resort takeover which it is not. We have had fun with people in their twenties and people in their seventies. (And yes Dick, you are an inspiration to all of us. Never stop goin!)

Blog Entries
    I am glad I read the entire article... I appreciate the fact the body positive atmosphere for people of all shapes and sizes was seen as a extremely admirable aspect of Hedo ! I was also amused as a senior Hedo repeat guest that the travel agent who organized YSW was quoted as requesting he be described as "40 something"!!!!
    Last edited by JuicyLucie; 05-11-2016 at 05:57 PM.
    "Your clothes conceal much of your beauty, yet they hide not the unbeautiful ....Would you meet the sun and the wind with ...your skin..? For the breath of life is in the sunlight and the hand of life is in the wind.." Kahlil Gibran

I have no problem with YSW's concept or marketing strategy. I am totally fine with them promoting Hedo online and bringing in new blood! We are not threatened by their group at all. If they didn't have a say in the article, then I can see how frustrated they must be. But the first line of the article is so obnoxious and insulting that I can't help but be riled up. We have visited Hedo 5 times and gone with a different group every time. We have had a "hyper sexual" week every single time because we are swingers and choose to participate in the sexual activities. For anyone who has only gone to Hedo once to claim that the other 50 weeks of the year are "low-key and laid-back" is ridiculous. "Someone", whomever that may be, put that idea into the author's head and she chose to lead off the article with it. She makes it sound like the YSW group weeks are the only fun weeks and the other 50 weeks are boring and a waste of time. That helps to promote YSWeeks, but it doesn't help promote Hedo for the rest of the year. Hedo needs positive promotion and being showcased in a well-known, mainstream magazine sold in every grocery store in America IS a good thing. Hopefully, people will ignore the first line and give Hedo a try.

Much ado about nada.

So...we're starting a new group. It's for 20's-30's and also 40's-50's. The group theme is Young Swingers with a Mommy-Daddy complex. Hmmmm, what should we call it?
    Hedo II 4 Trips
    Cap D'ade 2 Trips + Summer ‘21?
    Desire RM 1 trip

Registered User Naughty Nudists's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by happy2us View Post
    Much ado about nada.

So...we're starting a new group. It's for 20's-30's and also 40's-50's. The group theme is Young Swingers with a Mommy-Daddy complex. Hmmmm, what should we call it?
    Oedipus Complex?

I had no idea their would be group drama, we booked dates that fit our schedule, it just happened to be at the same time as YSW.

Quote Originally Posted by happy2us View Post
    Much ado about nada.

Too funny. The wife and i would love to go to Young Swingers week. I may be bias here but im pretty sure the wifes bod would hang with any of the 20yr olds. Too bad she is stuck with me...lol

Registered User Bottoms Up Crew's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny Boy View Post
    Too funny. The wife and i would love to go to Young Swingers week. I may be bias here but im pretty sure the wifes bod would hang with any of the 20yr olds. Too bad she is stuck with me...lol
    I have never seen your wife but by the looks of that ass I would have to agree.
    [/CENTER]
    TABOTA with the Bottoms Up Crew[/CENTER]
    FEBRUARY 2-9, 2019[/CENTER]
    www.BottomsUpCrew.com[/CENTER]
    Twitter @BottomsUpCrew[/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by cnparda View Post
    I had no idea their would be group drama, we booked dates that fit our schedule, it just happened to be at the same time as YSW.
    Us too. No matter what, it will be fun

image.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by Faren~n~cherry View Post
    Lol @ all this stuff about age. My best friend, soul mate and partner in crime is 26. I am in my mid 40's. We are going with AWOL which will be the same time as young swingers. We will have a blast. If anyone thinks we are weird or not attractive or whatever, hey.... Cheers and hope you are having a great time. Whatever happens,I still get to fuck the hottest woman I have ever laid eyes on.

It's all good. .

The best times are had when you accept everyone for who they are and be your own self.

I am pretty sure fun will be had!

Of coarse none of the age thing matters once your feet hit the sand,room for all....................

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast