Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: COSMOPOLITAN Magazine feature article on Young Swingers® Week

Registered User YoungSwingersWk's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Cool COSMOPOLITAN Magazine feature article on Young Swingers® Week

Click Here for More Information

Anna Breslaw a writer for Cosmopolitan Magazine came to our event Young Swingers® Week at Hedonism II in Jamaica for three days to interview us. We were surprised when such a mainstream publication came to do a story on our event at Hedonism II. It just shows that swinging is becoming more socially acceptable and that couples in this lifestyle are becoming more open about it. We have had weddings at our last three events, and our July 2016 Young Swingers® Week will be hosting its fourth wedding in a row. Our events usually have around half of the people who are new to the swinging experience, so don't be shy to give it a try. Please look over our website to see the full details of the event and contact us with any questions you may have.

Go Purchase the June 2016 Issue of COSMOPOLITAN Magazine to Read the Full Story!

The first sentence of the article is woefully inaccurate but otherwise, nice!
    Hedo II 4 Trips
    Cap D'ade 2 Trips + Summer ‘21?
    Desire RM 1 trip

Yes, I will buy the mag to see what they wrote, but does seem that they think that the other 50 weeks out of the year, nothing goes on and thank god that these two weeks show up or the place would be a drag. I'm glad the 40 and under aka the young ones are around but I'm pretty sure us 40 ish people not invited to their party, could keep up.

Quote Originally Posted by happy2us View Post
    The first sentence of the article is woefully inaccurate but otherwise, nice!
    Hedo..."low-key"...LOLf
    s
    St. Martin, FWI, 1991-2011
    Hedonism II -January 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016 (x2), 2017
    Cayo Largo, Cuba, December 1-7, 2014
    Hedonism II - April 10-17, 2016 K&A Spring Fling
    Hedonism II - April 16-23, 2017 K&A Spring Fling
    Hedonism II - April 8-15, 2018 K&A Spring Fling
    Hedo 2 April 14-21, 2019 K&A Spring Fling
    H2 April 8-17, 2022 K&A Spring Fling

"If you want something you've never had, you must be willing to do something you've never done" - Thomas Jefferson

SERIOUSLY? I can't even get past the first sentence.
    WHO told them that?!

Why bother read the article when the first sentence is a total lie?

Pretty ridiculous to state that every other week at Hedo is "low key" minus the two occupied by YSW.

2018 HEDO AMIGOS APRIL
    April 14-21 2017

All of this YSW self promotion is getting a little annoying and insulting to other groups and guests. Believe it or not Hedo is alive and well the other 50 weeks of the year.

Registered User Bottoms Up Crew's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Cdn_cpl View Post
    All of this YSW self promotion is getting a little annoying and insulting to other groups and guests. Believe it or not Hedo is alive and well the other 50 weeks of the year.
    Well said!!
    [/CENTER]
    TABOTA with the Bottoms Up Crew[/CENTER]
    FEBRUARY 2-9, 2019[/CENTER]
    www.BottomsUpCrew.com[/CENTER]
    Twitter @BottomsUpCrew[/CENTER]

Registered User YoungSwingersWk's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Exclamation Cosmopolitan Article

I like how people love to shoot the messenger on message boards.

First, Cosmopolitan just showed up at our event without any notice, because we did not ask them to come to the event.

Most any promoter would love their event to be in a major mainstream publication without having to ask.

We did not tell them to write it like they did. As a matter of fact they talked to Leethan for days about Hedonism.

When you read the whole article you will see that she ended against us saying something like it was too much for them and that she felt trapped and embarrassed at the nude beach.

We did not see the article before it was published.

Again, we only promote for Hedonism and not other resorts, so we want Hedonism to be successful ALL of the time.
    If you don't believe me then call Kevin and Harry, because we have had more conversations about this than you know.

We have been there with many other groups before we had our event and have had a great time with all of them.

We are trying to help promote Hedonism. If you didn't notice Desire is putting on a Young Sexy event the week after our July event, because they want a younger crowd as well.

The younger crowd can go to Hedonism for the next 20 to 30 years, like many of the couples on this message board, and is part of Hedonism's future.

So, are you saying you don't want the new generation to start coming to Hedonism? Because that is all we are trying to do is promote Hedonism to a new generation.

Again, we did not write the article. You can see when you read the whole thing it is based in her thoughts and feelings, and not ours.

My husband and I were interviewed for this article and we never said anything like that! The article is definitely based on the authors thoughts and feelings. It was pretty awesome to have Cosmopolitan there wanting to write an article but none of us can control what she actually publishes.
    Keep doing the promoting you are doing and continuing to build your group! Other groups shouldn't take it as an insult at all. Each group that goes to Hedonism is awesome in their own ways and everyone always has a great time no matter what week of the year it is!

This is what gets me and maybe you don't see it the same. We have gone for years, and with no set group ..with many, and never have I felt not included. That's the point of this resort, no matter of your age, color, sex, or sex preference you are loved and accepted. Have we partied with 18 year olds YES and the 70 year olds, we have been there with the bi, the black groups, and the blooms, all having no issue with each other. But your group seems to put yourself in a class all by itself in a resort that was built on openness , and I don't think I have seen another group do this. Now just because we hung out with all these people did not mean we enjoyed their company to the fullest that hedo offers, or allows but we all had a good time together. In other post from your group, it seems to imply that only 18-40 year olds are the ideal age to come during your weeks and anyone else just not apply. I wonder when you hit that golden 42 if you just will be to old to also? I think it's great that there is a new openness about this lifestyle but keeping it as just a fun weekend thing to do isn't a lifestyle it's a lets go get wild once a year, and with the post I have read you have quite a few first timers. There's some of the differences and my two cents,

Registered User Bottoms Up Crew's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by GandG View Post
    This is what gets me and maybe you don't see it the same. We have gone for years, and with no set group ..with many, and never have I felt not included. That's the point of this resort, no matter of your age, color, sex, or sex preference you are loved and accepted. Have we partied with 18 year olds YES and the 70 year olds, we have been there with the bi, the black groups, and the blooms, all having no issue with each other. But your group seems to put yourself in a class all by itself in a resort that was built on openness , and I don't think I have seen another group do this. Now just because we hung out with all these people did not mean we enjoyed their company to the fullest that hedo offers, or allows but we all had a good time together. In other post from your group, it seems to imply that only 18-40 year olds are the ideal age to come during your weeks and anyone else just not apply. I wonder when you hit that golden 42 if you just will be to old to also? I think it's great that there is a new openness about this lifestyle but keeping it as just a fun weekend thing to do isn't a lifestyle it's a lets go get wild once a year, and with the post I have read you have quite a few first timers. There's some of the differences and my two cents,
    GandG, We couldn't agree with you more.
    [/CENTER]
    TABOTA with the Bottoms Up Crew[/CENTER]
    FEBRUARY 2-9, 2019[/CENTER]
    www.BottomsUpCrew.com[/CENTER]
    Twitter @BottomsUpCrew[/CENTER]

While we barely miss the preferred age range, YSW is an awesome idea and promotion, even if not designed for us. Hedo just isn't a common first thought for 20 and 30 somethings. Agree, or not, mid life is when most people even think of Hedo. YSW seems to be an avenue to draw the young crowd in, which can only add variety to the mix, which is never bad.

Not to mention there are several weeks designed for black people, swingers, fetish, etc... so what's negative about adding YSW? Nothing. I'm sure many young people, still with self conscious issues about places like Hedo would see this as an opportunity to be around similar people they naturally would connect more with. Heck, I'd like to be at the resort during YSW just to feel the atmosphere and see if it's any more charged. Plus, I would bet the farm they would be mingling with all guest, not just those in their group.

Registered User Naughty Nudists's Avatar
    So when does the magazine hit the stands?I would like to surprise a special someone with it!Put me in the column with those who can't wait to see who quits going with the YSW group once they pass age 40.In April I was surprised at the number of young people who had time to chat with 32 year old guy in a 63 year old body.........

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast