Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: COSMOPOLITAN Magazine feature article on Young Swingers® Week

Quote Originally Posted by cnparda View Post
    I had no idea their would be group drama, we booked dates that fit our schedule, it just happened to be at the same time as YSW.
    Same for us... we can stay at Hedo only during that week, and we joined YSW.
    We hope that we'll be "Young" enough, being 44-40...
    S&G
    Rome, Italy

SDC: sexitaly
    Kasidie: sexitaly
    IOL: sexitaly

Next trip: Young Swingers Week Summer Vacation July 23 - 30 2016!

There really isn't any group drama! People are just upset about the opening line of an article that NO ONE had control over but the author. Its sad that she decided to lead the article with a false statement but there isn't much that can be done about that now.
    No matter what week you go to Hedo you will have a fantastic time! We have been to Hedo with and without a group before and have always had a great time. We prefer to travel with YSW because we enjoy the vibe and age group that they bring to the resort. Cnparda and Step_gin, you guys have nothing to worry about! You will fit right in Looking forward to meeting you guys in July!

Quote Originally Posted by step_gin View Post
    From the looks of it, there will be quite a few of our age group (both 40). Worst comes to worst (which will not happen), the "old" people will stick together...

Quote Originally Posted by step_gin View Post
    Oh my ...............Viva Italiano, bella avatoir

Oh my...just another couples two cents here. We have travelled to Hedo with YSW twice now, both times overlapping a day with the previous groups (Hedo Amigos you guys know how to party). We don't have a lot of experience on the other 50 weeks of the year but I get the impression that Hedo is heaven on earth all year. Young swingers has had a pretty wide range of ages on both our trips and include everyone. I have never spent so much time with so many great people as I have on these vacations. If this article made anyone feel excluded or shed a poor light on the resort I would be pretty shocked that the organizers of YSW had any say in it. The marketing is clearly aimed at a younger crowd to attract a new demographic, not to make others feel excluded. We spent quite a bit of time with people of all ages (not everyone at the resort is travelling with YSW after all) and have found exactly zero people who dislike being surrounded by young open minded swingers. Kudos to all for sticking up for the resort and to all the groups who promote it so we can all enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by Coq-au-vin View Post
    From the looks of it, there will be quite a few of our age group (both 40). Worst comes to worst (which will not happen), the "old" people will stick together...
    Sure we will!
    S&G
    Rome, Italy

SDC: sexitaly
    Kasidie: sexitaly
    IOL: sexitaly

Next trip: Young Swingers Week Summer Vacation July 23 - 30 2016!

Count us in that 40's group .

Can't wait !!!!!

I am in my early 40's (K is early 30s) and we have attended the last 2 YSW events, aswell as having come to Hedo once without any group.
    LOVED the YSW weeks and we have so much respect for what they are doing.

This article is great publicity for Hedo as a whole, and we should be glad for that. And in my experience of the media I have yet to see a single case of the media getting it entirely right. Misquoting, passing judgement and flat out making shit up seems to be par for the course.

Keep up the great work YSW, we are still trying to figure out how we can get back again next year!

Well done YSW for raising the profile of Hedo generally
    First trip to Hedonism II: 2nd July to 9th July 2014

Second trip to Hedonism II: 2nd October to 11th October 2015

Next trip to Hedonism II: 18th March to 28th March 2016

I just like "has another penis entered my vagina since we got married? yup!" best line in there i think

Its the press. what do you expect besides half-truths, misinformation and outright lies?

Quote Originally Posted by K&A View Post
    This article is great publicity for Hedo as a whole, and we should be glad for that. And in my experience of the media I have yet to see a single case of the media getting it entirely right. Misquoting, passing judgement and flat out making shit up seems to be par for the course.
    I will agree that the YSW group had nothing to do with the article and should not be condemned for it. No one but the writer and her editor knew what was going to be published. I do think that she went there without any idea of what Hedo was like. IMHO, I don't see this as great publicity for the resort. If I knew nothing about the resort, and there are a lot of people who don't, I would think that there were only two weeks a year where the crowd gets wild and the rest of the year it is nothing more than a comparable resort to every other all inclusive along the Negril beach. The only one it does provide great publicity for is YSW.
    Joe & Ellen
    Desire Pearl - April 18-26, 2023
    Hedonism II - July 18-26, 2023
    Desire Pearl - September 5-13. 2023
    Nile Lifestyle Cruise - January 26 - February 8, 2024

AFF & Kasidie- Empty_Nesters
    SLS - CT_empty_nesters
    SDC - emptynesters1
    http://www.sdc.com?ref=9857

Yes, it's two lines of misleading info, but on the bright side, being one of the first things said in the article , I think it gets somewhat forgotten as the reader reads on. I also know that as far as publicity goes, yes, it really only calls out to a younger crowd, BUT is that age group not the most lacking group of guests? I've been to Hedo a few times and each time the crowd was overwhelmingly mid 40's and up. I am also in that group, but of the few younger guests that were there each time, I must say they were quite an addition of eye candy. Let's be honest and agree that 20 somethings are just going to sweeten the view and the vibe. And further, YSW is not a resort takeover by any means. It isn't a large enough crowd to make the normal age range folks feel out of place.

Everyone says after their first trip to Hedo that they wish they had come years and years before. They feel like they had been missing out. YSW will hopefully rid hundreds, if not thousands over the years from having that regret.

And remember, if you Google nude beach, clothing optional, swinger resort, or adult vacation, Hedo still pops up towards the top, so anyone looking for this type of vacation still finds Hedo one way, or another. YSW doesn't take any of that away, it just adds that going as a young person is more the thing to do than they would normally think.

In most cases, it just doesn't occur to, or cross the mind of a 20 something to walk around naked, much less swap partners with another couple. It usually takes a mid-life crisis, or a matured attitude of "don't leave anything on life's table" to get most people casually naked in a crowd of naked people. I say rock on to YSW and I hope to one day be at the resort when they are there, even if only to watch.

Blog Entries
    I agree with Joe, these articles are not great for the lifestyle in general. There is already enough misconception without the truly uninitiated putting a very narrow spin on it. It does break one of my rules that what happens there stays there. The previous article in Boston Mag was not what I wanted to read about and didn't represent me or our group, but it sounded like it covered us all.

We had a reality film crew there one year, every time they pointed a camera my way I gave them the finger thereby insuring me and my friends would never be in an episode. Before the purchase Jon interviewed me and I wasn't going to give him anything besides length of stay, number of stays, single, couple and if I'd come back. My personal behavior, oops sorry, private

The only media person I trust is that unapologetic self promoting bawdy white girl.

The YSW, I'm fine with. We shared a week with them. DJ Steele we thought was too loud (sorry DJ), but that's to be expected. They didn't mix much, but that was also understandable as many of them seemed to be first timers and were all wrapped up in their group.

I get that it's kinda cool to be in Cosmo, but it's not necessary really, is it?

Cheers
    Last edited by takemetonegril; 05-27-2016 at 02:04 PM.
    The Spirit of Hedo Lives Within Me

H2 April 22th -30th 2022 thirteenth trip with the Bunch

The guests, the atmosphere and the freedom really can't be beat

Think of all the people of ALL ages that will see the name Hedo for the first time in Cosmopolitan and do their own research and see it's a blast year round. I was 40 before I even knew Hedo existed. Heck, I didn't even know my hometown had 3 lifestyle clubs (or what one was) and I have lived here since birth. Cosmopolitan gave a lot of people an introduction which will lead to curiosity, which leads to research, which leads to knowledge, which leads to comfort, which leads to action and fulfillment. And remember, even bad publicity is good publicity.

BUT, if people were thinking of going there and now they see it is only young people and it is only fun two weeks a year, their thoughts about going may change.
    Joe & Ellen
    Desire Pearl - April 18-26, 2023
    Hedonism II - July 18-26, 2023
    Desire Pearl - September 5-13. 2023
    Nile Lifestyle Cruise - January 26 - February 8, 2024

AFF & Kasidie- Empty_Nesters
    SLS - CT_empty_nesters
    SDC - emptynesters1
    http://www.sdc.com?ref=9857

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast