Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hedo PTSD

Hedo PTSD

I know that DIF is very real but upon our last day at hedo I feel it is almost PTSD. It's so many mixed emotions when leaving that I didn't know what to do. I found myself saying 'fuck' like 50 times in a row because I no longer know what to do with myself. I don't even know if it is worth the suffering after the trip... FUCK!!
    Hedo II 4/28/13-5/3/13 Zoo Krew
    Temptations Cancun 4/27/14-5/4/14
    Hedo II 4/11/15-4/18/15 Kitten and Angels spring fling
    Hedo II 4/9/16-4/16/16 Kitten & Angels spring fling
    Can't Wait!!!

Confusion is a real problem

Wondering just how long it's going to take the girl at Popeyes to make your jerk chicken.
    Puzzled that the bartender wants $6.50 for a rum punch.
    Explaining to the cops that this is the nude part of the office and they should do something about the gawkers.

Where is Bono when you need him???!!???

Quote Originally Posted by Peemoney View Post
    I know that DIF is very real but upon our last day at hedo I feel it is almost PTSD. It's so many mixed emotions when leaving that I didn't know what to do. I found myself saying 'fuck' like 50 times in a row because I no longer know what to do with myself. I don't even know if it is worth the suffering after the trip... FUCK!!
    Seriously PTSD is not something to joke about and leaving HEDO is nothing compared to something that triggers or causes PTSD.

Not trying to be a dick we all know leaving vacation sucks but I have seen to many of my brothers put in the hospital or the ground due to legit PTSD.

Seriously, I have PTSD, and thought his comment was funny. I understand the real confusion of coming home and triple checking to make sure I have clothes on before leaving the house. Or going into the kitchen and no buffet.

PTSD has many triggers and stress is one of the major triggers. So chill out, take comments for what they are, not what you read into it. It has gotten to the point you can't say anything without offending someone

Funny!!!! Exactly what I tought when I came back home... The intensity of emotions is so strong that we are very impressed. It's a kind of state of shock that makes us smile...

Chill, seriously..... the comment was made in a off reference to add some depth to how much he/she hates leaving Hedo. I myself have many friends with PTSD, (military) and not a single one of them nor myself would take offense with that statement. Humor & a fun loving attitude is one of the greatest prescriptions for PTSD. Try it, share it and help your brothers out.

Quote Originally Posted by Peemoney View Post
    We felt the same way when we came home last year. I want our August trip to hurry but I am already dreading the first day home after our trip!!

Blog Entries
    I used to try and leave the resort late in the afternoon, but I found it's like waiting for a funeral. Now after breakfast get me outta there. I get this uneasy, nervous, mildly nauseous feeling knowing I can't stay any longer, it's over, my lost paradise found, now lost again.

Cheers
    The Spirit of Hedo Lives Within Me

H2 April 22th -30th 2022 thirteenth trip with the Bunch

The guests, the atmosphere and the freedom really can't be beat

Quote Originally Posted by Faren~n~cherry View Post
    Confusion is a real problem

Wondering just how long it's going to take the girl at Popeyes to make your jerk chicken.
    Puzzled that the bartender wants $6.50 for a rum punch.
    Explaining to the cops that this is the nude part of the office and they should do something about the gawkers.

Where is Bono when you need him???!!???

hahahaha so hilarious
    Hedonism, the Virgin Trip: March 21-28, 2015
    Hedonism, the Sequel: 3/16-3/26, 2016. Ten days this time around because more is always better.
    Hedonism, Part 3: 3/24-4/1 2017 Swing into Spring group
    Hedonism 2018: Taking the year off to pay some damn bills. DIF is horrible!:
    Hedonism IV: 3/22-3/30 2019 Twister's Swing Break. Let's do this! Can't wait to get back!
    Hedonism V: 3/24/23-4/1/23. Finally back home again!

SLS: HedoCpl62

Blog Entries
    I was feeling seriously depressed (I am allowed to diagnose myself because I am a psychiatric nurse lol) this past week; the second week at work back from Jamaica. The first week it was actually warm and sunny at home for a change and I was still basking in the afterglow of another stellar 2 week vacation plus I only worked 1 day out of 7 ! I am doing much better now due to chatting for several hours on the phone with a dear Hedo friend who we last saw when we took a 6 hour round trip taxi drive (Runaway Bay to Negril) to visit Hedo April 4/16.
    Last edited by JuicyLucie; 04-23-2016 at 04:16 PM.
    "Your clothes conceal much of your beauty, yet they hide not the unbeautiful ....Would you meet the sun and the wind with ...your skin..? For the breath of life is in the sunlight and the hand of life is in the wind.." Kahlil Gibran

Blog Entries
    Last edited by hedoshedo50; 01-16-2017 at 08:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by hedoshedo50 View Post
    Anyone who thinks this is funny does not have PTSD. I have complex PTSD and there is nothing funny about it. Anyone who does is a real a-hole.
    Why r u here. You complain about everything down to your negative trip report. We get it u don't like Hedo or us...
    Hedo May 2015
    Hedo May 21-27 2016
    Hedo December 8-12 2016

Hedo February 16-21 2018
    Hedo May 19-25 2018
    Hedo May 13-18 2019
    Hedo October 21-26 2019

Quote Originally Posted by hedoshedo50 View Post
    Anyone who thinks this is funny does not have PTSD. I have complex PTSD and there is nothing funny about it. Anyone who does is a real a-hole.
    Yeah and never crack a joke about heart attacks either or cancer or car accidents or death in general and don't even touch War! ... or politics and forget religion. Hell lets outlaw Humor all together. The point is that nearly everyone here has experienced first or second hand a tragedy in their lives and if you cant laugh about it in some sense or find the humor in life and its cruelties then why even be alive?
    Not gonna lie if I come across someone who cant laugh at themselves and even appreciate that sometimes life just sucks and all you can do is laugh then that person and I will probably never have more than one conversation.

Well said babe. THINK LEMONADE...
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny Boy View Post
    Yeah and never crack a joke about heart attacks either or cancer or car accidents or death in general and don't even touch War! ... or politics and forget religion. Hell lets outlaw Humor all together. The point is that nearly everyone here has experienced first or second hand a tragedy in their lives and if you cant laugh about it in some sense or find the humor in life and its cruelties then why even be alive?
    Not gonna lie if I come across someone who cant laugh at themselves and even appreciate that sometimes life just sucks and all you can do is laugh then that person and I will probably never have more than one conversation.
    Hedo May 2015
    Hedo May 21-27 2016
    Hedo December 8-12 2016

Hedo February 16-21 2018
    Hedo May 19-25 2018
    Hedo May 13-18 2019
    Hedo October 21-26 2019

Quote Originally Posted by Danny Boy View Post
    Knew there was a reason we like you. Oh yeah, and your wife is smokin' hot too. But the stuff above too.

Further... http://www.ptsdsupport.net/military_humor.htm

From that page "One of the most difficult things to do is appreciate a little humor. The joke and knock-offs is for your enjoyment. If you don't want to get a good laugh just pass this page by. Some of the jokes are a little morbid in nature, some deal with combat; just understand that humor does help us relax even if its just for a short time!"
    Last edited by happy2us; 04-29-2016 at 04:56 PM.
    Hedo II 4 Trips
    Cap D'ade 2 Trips + Summer ‘21?
    Desire RM 1 trip

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast